theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Well...considering the topic this is what I perceive as being the best case B22:View attachment 1044546

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Treacy to the emergency list is a pretty telling call, highlighting the complete lack of depth in the tall forward department. If we did have an injury to a KPF my preference would be to put Cox in there full time, and play Fyfe forward more. I wouldn’t rush Treacy until his game form in the wafl warrants it.

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Treacy to the emergency list is a pretty telling call, highlighting the complete lack of depth in the tall forward department. If we did have an injury to a KPF my preference would be to put Cox in there full time, and play Fyfe forward more. I wouldn’t rush Treacy until his game form in the wafl warrants it.

Treacy on the emergency list means he's not getting a game but he's there because he's physically ready. I've got Cox coming off the bench as someone who can be played forward ahead of him and as you say, there's flexibility in that B22 to move Fyfe forward. Josh isn't going to be first choice emergency use.

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

banners87

Rookie
Apr 12, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
My 2 cents:

Wilson - Hamling - Ryan
Logue - Pearce - Young
Tucker - Brayshaw - Aish
Walters - Tabs - Mundy
Sturt - Lobb - Switta

Foll: Darcy, Fyfe, Serong
Int: Cerra, Acres, Cox, Bewley

Think Switta's position is probably the one that's most debatable. Wouldn't be surprised if Shultz was in there after what I thought was a pretty good 2020. Also wouldn't be unhappy to see Henry in there.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
My 2 cents:

Wilson - Hamling - Ryan
Logue - Pearce - Young
Tucker - Brayshaw - Aish
Walters - Tabs - Mundy
Sturt - Lobb - Switta

Foll: Darcy, Fyfe, Serong
Int: Cerra, Acres, Cox, Bewley

Think Switta's position is probably the one that's most debatable. Wouldn't be surprised if Shultz was in there after what I thought was a pretty good 2020. Also wouldn't be unhappy to see Henry in there.
The small forward role seems have a lot of competition but seriously nobody is a Monty.

Patty_Moz

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Walters and Tabs seem like the only fwd locks.

Lobb will spend 30% of time rucking and probably 15% on the bench so he’s kind of a 7th fwd. I think we know what we’ll get from him, it will frustrate at times.

Switta/Crowden/Schultz all with similar experience levels and differing strengths/weaknesses it would be great to see one of them have a break or year.

Freddy/Henry/Western lots of potential it would be great to see one of these guys go to the next level.

Sturt’s potential is undeniable but fitness/durability is an unknown.

Mundy/Fyfe will rotate through and Cox/Treacy we’ll probably get a shot as well.

Our weakest area by a mile, we were one of the worst fwd lines in ‘20. Surely we can’t get worse . There’s definitely options and experience levels are starting to get to the point to think we start to see a fair bit of improvement. We may even have some depth by the end of the year.

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It won't surprise anyone that Tobe Watson will find it hard to get a game this year with Hamling and Pearce returning, and the fact that we have so many high quality defenders. Including players like Hughes who really stepped up in 2020 after Logue went down with injury, and Logue will return early in the season too you'd think. Also we've drafted Chapman who Ryan said is playing like a 2nd or 3rd year player.

I really rate Tobe though, and it would be a terrible shame for him to never get a chance to develop at AFL level. Wondering if JL should be asking the question, would Tobe consider playing forward? I can imagine him playing a bit like Mayne as a defensive medium forward who can also hopefully kick a few bags too. Doesn't sound like Sturt will be playing round 1, and it's not like we have a surplus of medium forwards

Check out his draft highlights video, kicks a few inside 50s and goals in it including a great snap, so it's not like he's never played forward before. Hasn't trained forward AFAIK but why not start now?

WAnchor

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Never There
AFL Club
Fremantle
It won't surprise anyone that Tobe Watson will find it hard to get a game this year with Hamling and Pearce returning, and the fact that we have so many high quality defenders. Including players like Hughes who really stepped up in 2020 after Logue went down with injury, and Logue will return early in the season too you'd think. Also we've drafted Chapman who Ryan said is playing like a 2nd or 3rd year player.

I really rate Tobe though, and it would be a terrible shame for him to never get a chance to develop at AFL level. Wondering if JL should be asking the question, would Tobe consider playing forward? I can imagine him playing a bit like Mayne as a defensive medium forward who can also hopefully kick a few bags too. Doesn't sound like Sturt will be playing round 1, and it's not like we have a surplus of medium forwards

Check out his draft highlights video, kicks a few inside 50s and goals in it including a great snap, so it's not like he's never played forward before. Hasn't trained forward AFAIK but why not start now?

190cm. Feels like for at least the last 15 years a Freo theme has focussed on which defenders need to be moved forward.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
FB: Logue, Hamling, Ryan

HB:Wilson, Pearce, Hill

C:Cerra, Fyfe, Aish

HF: Walters, Taberner, Sturt

FF: Henry, Lobb, Schultz

Fol: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

Bench: Mundy, Conca, Tucker, Acres

Not including Hill is like kicking a puppy. Just can't bring myself to do it.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue - Hamling - Ryan
Young - Pearce - Wilson
Acres - Serong - Aish
Walters - Fyfe - Switta
Sturt - Taberner - Lobb

Darcy - Brayshaw - Cerra

Mundy - Tucker - Cox - ?????

One spot up for grabs - Probably for Conca or Hughes

Unfortunately I think Hill is cooked and based off last year I don't think Henry is ready yet. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the preseason games.

I prefer Switta over Schultz.

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
190cm. Feels like for at least the last 15 years a Freo theme has focussed on which defenders need to be moved forward.

It's true, there has always been the calls to send McPharlin or Johnson or Logue or whoever else forward, but in this case it wouldn't be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Also I'm not suggesting he play as CHF or FF, just a medium forward role :thumbsu:

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

Unless we get injuries, Watson and Duiman won’t get a game.

Make sense to try one or both up forward.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

You sir are a smart cookie. How we fowarding this to JLO

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

HB:Wilson, Pearce, Hill

C:Cerra, Fyfe, Aish

Fol: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

Bench: Mundy, Conca, Tucker, Acres

Not including Hill is like kicking a puppy. Just can't bring myself to do it.
Mine is pretty close to this. Although can see Young in place of Wilson and can see Bewley and Acres fighting for a spot between them.

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here’s my 2cents, plus I have shown where possible our secondary team with some players slightly out of position as we have too many defenders and not enough forwards, but it does give a good indication of where our substitutes may come from if injuries come into play. Finally this is best 22 right now assuming everyone is 100% fit and available. not what it may look like at the end of the season or even our likely round 1 team.

HB:Wilson, Pearce, Hughes

C:Cerra, Fyfe, Hill

Fol: Darcy, Serong, Mundy

Bench:Brayshaw. Aish, Tucker, Acres

B-mantle

FB: Thomas, Cox, Watson

HB: Walker, Duman, Young

C: Bewely, Valente, Giro

HF: Frederick, Chapman, Switowski

FF: Weston, Treacy, Crowden

Fol: Meek, Blakely, Conca

Bench: O’Driscoll, Colyer, Banfield

Young was the hardest one to leave out and will likely play round 1 at the expense of Hill who’s going to be underdone again. In my opinion though to get that crucial link into the forward 50 we need the ball in the hands of our best kicking players and they are Mundy, Hill and Cerra. I’d like to see Young take on a wing role in a couple of years when he’s had a few preseasonsinto his legs, but can see him having stints there this year.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here’s my 2cents, plus I have shown where possible our secondary team with some players slightly out of position as we have too many defenders and not enough forwards, but it does give a good indication of where our substitutes may come from if injuries come into play. Finally this is best 22 right now assuming everyone is 100% fit and available. not what it may look like at the end of the season or even our likely round 1 team.

B-mantle

Young was the hardest one to leave out and will likely play round 1 at the expense of Hill who’s going to be underdone again. In my opinion though to get that crucial link into the forward 50 we need the ball in the hands of our best kicking players and they are Mundy, Hill and Cerra. I’d like to see Young take on a wing role in a couple of years when he’s had a few preseasonsinto his legs, but can see him having stints there this year.

Nice job. Although given the inspirational contested wins I saw him make in just 5 games, I have Young already ahead of Hill; and he kicks just as well. I guess Young just needs more time in the saddle to confirm he is as good as we all think.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

B-mantle

Nice work.

I’m not quite seeing how you can leave out Young but include Henry who has Switkowski and Crowden ahead of him at this stage. Young showed he was significantly more developed than Henry.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nice work.

I’m not quite seeing how you can leave out Young but include Henry who has Switkowski and Crowden ahead of him at this stage. Young showed he was significantly more developed than Henry.
Although Longmuir has talked favorably about Henry a few times this preseason. Even using the words "AFL ready". Henry offers different things to Crowden and Switkowski too. On the flipside Young's nominal-position-to-date is in a much more saturated part of the ground, competition-for-spots-wise.

Of course I'd still be pulling out all stops to include Young meself.

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Although Longmuir has talked favorably about Henry a few times this preseason. Even using the words "AFL ready". Henry offers different things to Crowden and Switkowski too. On the flipside Young's nominal-position-to-date is in a much more saturated part of the ground, competition-for-spots-wise.

I have no doubt that Young will play round 1 if he’s fit, probably off the bench or Hughes on the bench and Young in his spot. JLo has often mentioned the back 7 gelling together so I can see one of these guys starting in the bench. Hill will not get picked with Acres or Aish coming off the bench to fill the wing position. In my opinion this is a down grade as neither has the elite kick into the forward line that Hill (or Young) would provide. This middle does look a little one paced though so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Frederick, Colyer or Western thrown into the mix to add some speed.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

We are loaded for small forward depth, almost as much as we are for half back flankers.

Vintage

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

I think part of the reason he’s talking about Henry so positively is for Henry’s own confidence - he was a long way off the pace of AFL last year.

barring injury young is a Monty for round 1

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think part of the reason he’s talking about Henry so positively is for Henry’s own confidence - he was a long way off the pace of AFL last year.

barring injury young is a Monty for round 1
Occam's razor on this one. The reason he is talking positively about Henry is because he's been bloody impressive in the preseason so far. TTHD. Leading lots of trials and impacting sims etc.

1613450105767.png

Back