Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
I’m a Tom Doedee fan. His Twitter is untrollable. He’s an upstanding citizen and his growth as a club leader is unquestioned. I have a problem with his durability.
I’m frightened for him. I fear he’s gonna be about there and then get another setback.
A captain can’t always be in the sheds getting rehab.
I’ve got a crazy choice for captain of the youngest list.
Lachie Sholl.
Seems to me he’s all in like Tom and will figure regular 22.

CrowBox89

Debutant
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m a Tom Doedee fan. His Twitter is untrollable. He’s an upstanding citizen and his growth as a club leader is unquestioned. I have a problem with his durability.
I’m frightened for him. I fear he’s gonna be about there and then get another setback.
A captain can’t always be in the sheds getting rehab.
I’ve got a crazy choice for captain of the youngest list.
Lachie Sholl.
Seems to me he’s all in like Tom and will figure regular 22.
Agree doedee’s durability is a massive concern going forward and IMO should be more concerned with staying on the park than captaincy and associated pressure that comes with it, not many who’ve played 30 games in 5 seasons would be considered as a future captain for that reason alone. I think hately could be a real bolter when it comes to being our long term future captain as this season progresses and has next to zero flight risk after coming home, where vic clubs will always be sniffing around doedee.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Agree doedee’s durability is a massive concern going forward and IMO should be more concerned with staying on the park than captaincy and associated pressure that comes with it, not many who’ve played 30 games in 5 seasons would be considered as a future captain for that reason alone. I think hately could be a real bolter when it comes to being our long term future captain as this season progresses and has next to zero flight risk after coming home, where vic clubs will always be sniffing around doedee.
If he has a massive year in midfield then he may be around the mark.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I disagree completely. He's a shoo-in. ;)
No, he is not at all.
The current captain has to relinquish his duties.
Tom is right on top of the replacement as long as he can lead the side every week. Can he? He’s not doing full training. He has been micromanaged for ages. It’s not a great sign

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hes had one season injured and that was an acl. Played 20 games in 2018, 1 in 2019 with his knee and 9 last year in a covid year
He’s had consistent soft tissue injury as soon as he ramps up loads ever since you’re statement

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't know who should be our next captain but I'm fairly confident Sloane is not a good captain at all. I would give it to ROB as he leads by example and is probably close to our best player. Also speaks very well in the media and seems a great bloke.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Don't know who should be our next captain but I'm fairly confident Sloane is not a good captain at all. I would give it to ROB as he leads by example and is probably close to our best player. Also speaks very well in the media and seems a great bloke.
Pretty decent suggestion.

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sloane is not a good captain. But they are not going to give the captaincy to a player if there is a non-zero chance there is a video of them ranking the non-white races from best to worst.

If you needed another captain right now, maybe Lynch, even though I'd prefer him replaced by a faster or more aggressive player.

Matt Crouch is a chance for 2022 if he continues his late 2020 form and Doedee continues to be riddled with injury.

McPherson is one I could see in the leadership group sooner rather than later. Ditto Hately.

bootrossbootross

minor rules infractor
Jan 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very unlikely, but out of interest why is he obvious ??
He gets the ball a lot, he can play multiple positions, he does not back down. Nice for a Captain to be able to move to where the gap is on game day (aka Hodge).

And by association our last M premiership Captain was a nuggety hard, tough bull positioned off the back flank/centre square dependent on need.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't see Sloane not being captain in 2021. Smithers probably the next in line imo.

Doodee will be a captain one day if he sticks with the club, but not yet

Back