Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to waste that negative energy now. Brisbane will have 1000% by the end of this train wreck 😬

OK - 500... but pretty close.

Heh, at least their percentage dropped 275 points. Richmond, Geelong, GC, WC - what a lovely run

They play Adelaide next week... at home.... They're desperate to give the Lions a premiership one way or another huh? Tried with the boys last year, still couldn't win it even staying at home all season.

great article.

Off Broadway media give us the respect.

I glad that the main media keep up the disrespect.
Liked the article overall. Although I don't really think the gamestyle is much like Richmond's men's gamestyle, other than prioritising forward momentum of the ball.

Freo have a much higher kick to handball ratio than Hardwicks' team and probably favouring longer kicks too wherever possible.

I also think the claim that they're eschewing (strangely satisfying weird word alert) disposal efficiency is a bit of a stretch (although I'd say with the developmental stage the AFLW is at, you get a lot more leeway for clangers as for every clanger you make, a return clanger from the opposition isn't too far away). On Sunday Freo had less disposal etc, yet were more effective, that suggest better disposal efficiency.

I also think the claim that they're eschewing (strangely satisfying weird word alert) disposal efficiency is a bit of a stretch (although I'd say with the developmental stage the AFLW is at, you get a lot more leeway for clangers as for every clanger you make, a return clanger from the opposition isn't too far away). On Sunday Freo had less disposal etc, yet were more effective, that suggest better disposal efficiency.
The commentators made frequent mention of kicking errors, poor disposal, etc., from which a less than keen observer would conclude that the game as a whole was defined by poor kicking efficiency. Most of those comments, however, were made in response to Adelaide errors (in keeping with the higher ratio of talk about Adelaide to talk about Freo throughout the game).

Even so, I've seen comments even on this board suggesting that the Freo side's skills are poor. Personally, outside of kicks that don't go the distance, I reckon the skills have been pretty good. The derby in the wet was a write off, but otherwise uncontested marks have been held and unpressured kicks have hit targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back