Preview North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

North's sides were very different v Port in 2019 & 2020, and 2021 will be the same with 4 of the 2020 side delisted, and a couple of others who will likely get pushed out.

In: Corr, Stephenson, Cunnington, Thomas
Out (delisted): Hosie, Vickers-Willis, Wood, Williams

I suspect Turner or Mahony will also come in for Perez.

If we can break even with the Port mids, then we'll be in the game, but Port will rightfully start warm favorites. I personally didn't think we were that bad against Port last year, all things considered.
Break even with Port's mids? If that's all it takes you should also be a chance against Richmond, Brisbane and Geelong considering the betting market and last years results. theoretically, If any team breaks even with our mids they are a chance. But our team relies on a team defense so breaking even won't always get you anywhere if you can't deal with our pressure, stop our forwards and stop us from rebounding from defense if you even get it there...

Good point.

North's defence is going to be structured very differently compared to what you have seen in the B.Scott era. There won't be a lot of rebounding defenders all running forward once possession is established because they have identified the turnovers that come from this as our ultimate achilles heel. The drills have been heavily focused on maintaining possession/structure in defence and getting the ball down through the middle of the ground when we attack, so expect the blowouts either way to diminish. There's been a heavy focus on corridor footy.

No doubt the Port scouts are on to this.
This is not a good sign. Go slow teams really struggled against us last year, as it allowed us to set-up our defense and apply pressure to cause turnovers. To beat us at the go slow method, you need to beat us in the coal face, be both proactive and precise in your ball movement, and have the tall marking targets to worry us in defense. I only see one of those three potentially falling in your favour, if Goldstein gets on top of Lycett & Ladhams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norf’s implosion over the offseason saw them shedding their vegan star forward, a slew of experienced journeymen, and try to offload a petulant star who doesn’t take orders and costs them a bomb, but their rookie coach goes on a bender, citing mental health issues, and steps down from the role, giving Polec a new found arrogance at the club.

We‘ve brought in Aliir to replace Westhoff.

If there is one lay down misere this season, it’s this game.

Norf’s implosion over the offseason saw them shedding their vegan star forward, a slew of experienced journeymen, and try to offload a petulant star who doesn’t take orders and costs them a bomb, but their rookie coach goes on a bender, citing mental health issues, and steps down from the role, giving Polec a new found arrogance at the club.

We‘ve brought in Aliir to replace Westhoff.

If there is one lay down misere this season, it’s this game.

Also a little fast forward from the Bombers...

The Crows will have fitted out Jason Horne for a jumper already.

Crows-Hawthorn-Sydney-* is a good quadrella.

Essendrugs and Norf should be there - I'd certainly rate them both below Sydney.

GWS, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Melbourne all a chance to be the big surprise team to fall in to the bottom 4 (there is usually one)

Or ever!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
haha, i forgot that win against the dees in 2019.

Was a good win though but best ever was a massive stretch.

13, 17, 18, 19, 20 were all cracking wins.

16 was just okay against the Saints, we finished strong that game but were in trouble for most of the match from memory.

14 was similar to 16. In trouble early but powered home.

This is not a good sign. Go slow teams really struggled against us last year, as it allowed us to set-up our defense and apply pressure to cause turnovers. To beat us at the go slow method, you need to beat us in the coal face, be both proactive and precise in your ball movement, and have the tall marking targets to worry us in defense. I only see one of those three potentially falling in your favour, if Goldstein gets on top of Lycett & Ladhams.

The defence holding structure only applies to a potential degree of stagnation in that part of the ground.

It appears that we're going to look at very quick midfield-forward transition, and there's been talk around the campfire that North may only use one true KPP in the middle to forward areas of the ground (Larkey), with another big bloke rotating through there randomly (Goldstein - J. Walker/Xerri).

All of our forward flanker types are very capable marking players (Zurhaar, Garner, Taylor, Thomas).

If we don't beat these bums by 10 goals something is wrong.

I can't see complacency being a thing at all this year as our depth is so good there will be huge competition for spots in the side.

Who is the Shitboners coach? That ex Crows idiot?

It's soothing when Papa G brings calmness to these threads. Serenity in a sea of bile.

I feel much better.

haha, i forgot that win against the dees in 2019.

Was a good win though but best ever was a massive stretch.

13, 17, 18, 19, 20 were all cracking wins.

16 was just okay against the Saints, we finished strong that game but were in trouble for most of the match from memory.

14 was similar to 16. In trouble early but powered home.

God, that Saints game. If ever there was a six goal win that screamed "We're in deep trouble this year" it was that one.

I'm sure the Saints broke the Joe the Goose record that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back