Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

It's my choice to be a member. An interstate one at that. I get zero value on my investment. Except in the unlikely event we make a grand final i get a guaranteed ticket.

It's a donation to the club.
You ask for a refund every year?

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can't even have the app acknowledge our membership is up to date.

Have you tried logging into your account like you can every year? Has money come out of your bank account? If yes your membership is up to date.

As for the app, the club has said in tweets and emails and on the website (plus it's been mentioned many times in this thread), the app doesn't go "live" until closer to the season in relation to your membership. It's only necessity, until they know how many people can start watching the footy live. Shouldn't be taken as the new normal, based on the pandemic and all.

Have you tried logging into your account like you can every year? Has money come out of your bank account? If yes your membership is up to date.

As for the app, the club has said in tweets and emails and on the website (plus it's been mentioned many times in this thread), the app doesn't go "live" until closer to the season in relation to your membership. It's only necessity, until they know how many people can start watching the footy live. Shouldn't be taken as the new normal, based on the pandemic and all.
Yep - all that. But when I check membership status on the app it invites me to renew. Surely my own account knows I am up to date. Their explanation was they know, it is a little strange but nothing will change until the membership cards are added. I asked why can’t the app at least know I am paid up - they thought that was a good idea. Pandemic has nothing to do with acknowledging membership status.

Yep - all that. But when I check membership status on the app it invites me to renew. Surely my own account knows I am up to date. Their explanation was they know, it is a little strange but nothing will change until the membership cards are added. I asked why can’t the app at least know I am paid up - they thought that was a good idea. Pandemic has nothing to do with acknowledging membership status.

It’s there. Look at the drop down menu, click on “Renew for 2021” and then “View Invoice”.

It’s a carbon copy of the website so you’d be following the exact same steps when you log in on a computer.

It’s there. Look at the drop down menu, click on “Renew for 2021” and then “View Invoice”.

It’s a carbon copy of the website so you’d be following the exact same steps when you log in on a computer.
You miss the point. I have renewed for 2021 so why would I click on the renew button?

You miss the point. I have renewed for 2021 so why would I click on the renew button?

First you were complaining about not finding your membership. It’s there.

If you’ve got an issue with a terminology set by an external business to the club I don’t know what to do for you. It says the exact same thing on the website, you confirmed you could see it on the website. You’re creating an issue with the app that isn’t there.

First you were complaining about not finding your membership. It’s there.

If you’ve got an issue with a terminology set by an external business to the club I don’t know what to do for you. It says the exact same thing on the website, you confirmed you could see it on the website. You’re creating an issue with the app that isn’t there.
I am obviously not being clear. It doesn’t say anywhere my membership is current. Thats my point. I log in and it says renew your membership - my membership is current. If I am missing something then please tell me. I never said I didn’t exist - or if I did thats not what I meant. I said I log in to my membership through my membership number and it asks me to renew. Anyway, lets hope when the membership ‘cards’ are loaded all works well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am obviously not being clear. It doesn’t say anywhere my membership is current. Thats my point. I log in and it says renew your membership - my membership is current. If I am missing something then please tell me. I never said I didn’t exist - or if I did thats not what I meant. I said I log in to my membership through my membership number and it asks me to renew. Anyway, lets hope when the membership ‘cards’ are loaded all works well.

Ok, and I don’t mean to come off gruff. If you follow the steps I gave earlier it’ll take you to your invoice which shows your current membership payments etc (albeit not with seating etc which is tbc). The membership part on the app is actually a divert to the website so it’s not an app issue, what you can’t find (that you’re looking for) is either there or doesn’t exist (yet, as the club has confirmed that this is pending).

Im guessing part of it is still the uncertainty of how ticketing for members will work in 2021. Im assuming all games will be fully ticketed at a reduced capacity, with members being given the chance to secure seats in advance (through the regular 'upgrade' procedure). So most likely they dont want people having a membership barcode in the app that they will likely never actually use this year.

Ok, and I don’t mean to come off gruff. If you follow the steps I gave earlier it’ll take you to your invoice which shows your current membership payments etc (albeit not with seating etc which is tbc). The membership part on the app is actually a divert to the website so it’s not an app issue, what you can’t find (that you’re looking for) is either there or doesn’t exist (yet, as the club has confirmed that this is pending).
I have identified that my payment is made. But I do into the app etc etc etc. Just don’t see why when I am paid up it treats me as not paid up.

I have identified that my payment is made. But I do into the app etc etc etc. Just don’t see why when I am paid up it treats me as not paid up.

It's a combination of garbage app (made by Telstra, jut like the AFL app/website) and garbage website (made by Ticketmaster). North don't control any of it

Im guessing part of it is still the uncertainty of how ticketing for members will work in 2021. Im assuming all games will be fully ticketed at a reduced capacity, with members being given the chance to secure seats in advance (through the regular 'upgrade' procedure). So most likely they dont want people having a membership barcode in the app that they will likely never actually use this year.

Will this reserving a seat incur a charge

It's my choice to be a member. An interstate one at that. I get zero value on my investment. Except in the unlikely event we make a grand final i get a guaranteed ticket.

Come again?!

Does your invoice show the upgrade? I can’t see any reference to it. I’m in the Premiership Club so I don’t know if it equated to much but I can’t see any indication that it’s happened.

Does your invoice show the upgrade? I can’t see any reference to it. I’m in the Premiership Club so I don’t know if it equated to much but I can’t see any indication that it’s happened.

Nah, Ticketmaster haven't released that yet on the invoicing but I assume it's done as my invoicing originally showed my usual reserved seats and that was removed after I took up the upgrade offer. As such I've got no reason to expect the worse, or that it won't be fixed if it materialises.

Edit: nope, just double checked and it's in a different spot. Wait and see I guess.

It's a donation to the club.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do you get a guaranteed GF ticket as a regular interstate member?

It will be a family 3-game membership for me this year. I believe that’s only $280 but it’s a donation to the club as I’m O/S and not back in Victoria until the day before our last game of the year. Also my wife and girls won’t go without me as they only attend that’s “Dads” thing he likes to take the family too.
I guess it’s bring on 2022 AFL season for me

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back