Review 2021 Mid Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coverage starts at 6.30PM on the AFL website and AFL app:

The draft itself starts at 7pm (AEST)

The draft order for the mid-season rookie draft is the reverse ladder order after Round 11, with the number of picks dependent on the number of open list spots. (Spots opened up as LTIs/retirees are put on the inactive list.)

Last edited:
How about we put some emphasis on developing a balanced list, and just go back to the ND and PSD as our chances to pick up players. Make the PSD in Feb, then clubs can have a train on list and make a call then.

I don't like the idea that teams can go with 3 open spots on the list, say with 1 ruck and then only pick another up if there are injuries.

Developing a balanced list should be an important part of the game. It also means teams can keep cap space from underspending for half a year and then picking up 3 rookies halfway through the year.

If list numbers are ultimately the same, it doesn't help more players play AFL, it just takes away time that they train at a club.

With no football being played in Victoria last year, who are some of the young players you expect to be right in the frame come this years mid season draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Max Heath and Henry Walsh.

Teams are always looking for ruck depth, and I expect some teams will have a available list spots due to injury, but instead of picking for need, will draft for the future.

Couldn't find a thread for the 2021 mid season draft. Thought it would be good to have a dedicated resource to:
a) track which clubs have the list spots to take advantage and
b) speculate wildly

Tag me and I'll update the list below to help keep track.

Adelaide: 1 list spots - Gibbs Retired
Brisbane: 0 list spots
Carlton: 1 list spot
Collingwood: 2 list spots
Essendon: 1 list spot
Fremantle: 0 list spots
Geelong: 0 list spots
Gold Coast: 0 list spots
GWS: 0 list spots
Hawthorn: 1(3) list spots - Scully Retired - Patton, Sicily pending
Melbourne: 2 list spots
North: 1 list spot
Port: 1 list spot
Richmond: 1(2) list spots - Rhyan Mansell signed - Saldo Pending
St Kilda: 3(4) list spots - Patton pending
Sydney: 1 list spot
West Coast: 0 list spots
Bulldogs: 1 list spot - Lloyd Retired, McLean Pending

Last edited:
Couldn't find a thread for the 2021 mid season draft. Thought it would be good to have a dedicated resource to:
a) track which clubs have the list spots to take advantage and
b) speculate wildly

Tag me and I'll update the list below to help keep track.

Adelaide: 0(1) list spots - Gibbs pending
Brisbane: 0 list spots
Carlton: 1 list spot
Collingwood: 2 list spots
Essendon: 1 list spot
Fremantle: 0 list spots
Geelong: 0 list spots
Gold Coast: 0 list spots
GWS: 0 list spots
Hawthorn: 0(3) list spots - Scully, Patton, Sicily pending
Melbourne: 2 list spots
North: 1 list spot
Port: 1 list spot
Richmond: 1(2) list spots - Saldo Pending
St Kilda: 3(4) list spots - Patton pending
Sydney: 1 list spot
West Coast: 0 list spots
Bulldogs: 0 list spots
Dogs have 1 list spot thanks to Lloyd retiring. There's a possibility we'll open up a 2nd spot too, depending on how McLean's ACL recovery goes. Looking likely that we'll fill out 1 spot before the start of season though so may be back to 0 soon enough

Dogs have 1 list spot thanks to Lloyd retiring. There's a possibility we'll open up a 2nd spot too, depending on how McLean's ACL recovery goes. Looking likely that we'll fill out 1 spot before the start of season though so may be back to 0 soon enough

How's Ewan tracking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we have Callow and Bravo training and playing intra-club games, both are possible additions? as well as Lachlan Bramble from Williamstown?

i think we have 1-3 spots so who knows if we go with them or keep spots open for mid-season draft?

Very impressive. Clearly still needs development and weight given he is slight -- as a 19 year old, that's normal. But really like his athleticism, his leap, his ability in the air.

Sounds like only Injury will stop us Listing Him

Does Carlton still have a spot if we add Ben Crocker to the list ?

Obviously hasn't happened yet but I'm assuming venebles will be moved to the LTI list at some stage so the eagles can make a selection

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back