Review Internal Trial Game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

re watching the game, Amon is the biggest surprise for me. was every where, ran hard both ways and has a beautiful leg. At 25 could become a genuinely A grade winger, something the AFL doesnt have a lot of
Gotta disagree here, I reckon Amon has been an underrated A grade winger for two years already.

Gotta disagree here, I reckon Amon has been an underrated A grade winger for two years already.
His last two years has seen an exponential improvement in Amon, and I think we all here acknowledged it. The footy public in general have ony just started to see what he has. But if the trial is anything to go by, he seems to have gone to another level. He was best on ground for mine, and looked elite in every way.

re watching the game, Amon is the biggest surprise for me. was every where, ran hard both ways and has a beautiful leg. At 25 could become a genuinely A grade winger, something the AFL doesnt have a lot of

Did you post this from 2019?

Amon has been quality for a while now.

His last two years has seen an exponential improvement in Amon, and I think we all here acknowledged it. The footy public in general have ony just started to see what he has. But if the trial is anything to go by, he seems to have gone to another level. He was best on ground for mine, and looked elite in every way.
I agree he was BOG and as for looking elite I'd add arrogant. I really like a bit of arrogance in our players especially when they can back it up.

Self belief is crucial in pro sport.

Would Allir be looking for that sort of reassurance? Does he prefer not to ruck?

Yes and yes

Pretty sure that’s one of the reasons he left Sydney apart from the security that he got here

If true, and if he is halfway decent in ruck, I think that is a pity. I don't want to see Allir thrown all over the place. It seems clear he has what it takes to hold down a KPD spot. However with Dixon able to ruck up forward, Allir in defence and Marshall learning we could feasibly play a strong one ruck lineup. IMO it remains to be seen if Hayes or Ladhams really can hold their own as forwards for a majority of the match, and whether a two ruck lineup might be proven not be the best course this season.

What has been proven is that Lycett is capable of rucking for over 85% of a game to a very high standard.

I agree he was BOG and as for looking elite I'd add arrogant. I really like a bit of arrogance in our players especially when they can back it up.

Self belief is crucial in pro sport.
Arrogance and Port go well together. That feeling that when they walked in the ground you knew they were going to win.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Would Allir be looking for that sort of reassurance? Does he prefer not to ruck?

If true, and if he is halfway decent in ruck, I think that is a pity. I don't want to see Allir thrown all over the place. It seems clear he has what it takes to hold down a KPD spot. However with Dixon able to ruck up forward, Allir in defence and Marshall learning we could feasibly play a strong one ruck lineup. IMO it remains to be seen if Hayes or Ladhams really can hold their own as forwards for a majority of the match, and whether a two ruck lineup might be proven not be the best course this season.

What has been proven is that Lycett is capable of rucking for over 85% of a game to a very high standard.

I don't think he has said he isn't prepared to ruck in the backlines when the ball goes down there.

More that he doesn't want to be a centre square ruck.

I don't think he has said he isn't prepared to ruck in the backlines when the ball goes down there.

More that he doesn't want to be a centre square ruck.

TBH I wouldn't know. I haven't been following what he has said, or what others have said about him, very closely. I'd assume if we went with one ruck someone would have to take centre square duties for a few minutes, unless Lycett (or whoever) gets enough of a rest when someone else does some ruckwork forward and back.

I guess what I would hate to see is us play two rucks where the resting ruck doesn't competently hold down a position elsewhere on the ground. In that case we would be losing forward potency given that either Georgiades is forced to play high half forward for most of the game, or we don't play someone young and promising such as Williams, Woodcock, Farrell etc which we could if we went with one key ruck.

I'm not saying two rucks may not be the best way to go. I just hope we are brave enough to play one ruck if that gives us our most potent lineup especially up forward. Of course we can only do that if we have the personnel to give our number one ruck a bit of a break.

Its all about being flexible when it comes to our gameplan, something Hinkley is famous for.

Ken has had a hard on for a running centre half back who pushes forward and kicks goals for awhile. He wanted Howard to be that but he never played in front of his man in defence which meant he was never able to intercept effectively and then take off. Aliir likes to run off of half back.

Hinkley wants defenders who play like he did. The “Look after my man, I’m off to get three votes” style, where if there’s an opportunity to join in with the play, you do so.

fu** we are lucky Ken confides in Janus.

Funny, but I’m going off of what he said to both Carlile and Impey in 2014:

It’s why he’ll always have time for Bonner, and why Byrne-Jones won the B&F. He wants his defenders defend hard, but then to push forward and join in with the attack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, but I’m going off of what he said to both Carlile and Impey in 2014:

It’s why he’ll always have time for Bonner, and why Byrne-Jones won the B&F. He wants his defenders defend hard, but then to push forward and join in with the attack.

Are you sure it’s not an empath thing?

hmmmm..... noice. Got high hopes for the lad. CD singing his praises on the broadcast only broadened my grin. Speaking of which Timmy G and Norts were great.

Funny informative and when they didn't know who #2 for white was they had a lend of themselves.

Like everybody else I :hearts: Timmy G.
Timmy G has been my favourite since that golden moment in the 2014 elimination final, when he congratulated Troy Chaplin for hitting a Port Adelaide player on the chest for the first time in his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back