Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little chat about Tarryn this off season, with some people even suggesting that he might not be in our best 22. Even Noble didn't speak about him yesterday (granted he wasn't asked about him) but not sure why we don't think he can be a significant improver in 2021. Has he had an interrupted pre-season?

Very little chat about Tarryn this off season.........

I actually like this.

His endurance aspect will take a while longer, but I would expect him to raise the bar somewhat this year.

Very little chat about Tarryn this off season, with some people even suggesting that he might not be in our best 22. Even Noble didn't speak about him yesterday (granted he wasn't asked about him) but not sure why we don't think he can be a significant improver in 2021. Has he had an interrupted pre-season?

Those people either don't watch training, or are motivated by non football reasons.

Tarryn's in the firsts team at training when they play intra clubs, and he looks sharp as all get out.

He and Stephenson swap between wing/forward.

Has a massive trick bag, extremely agile, huge leap and isn't exactly short. Has masses of potential and injury is the only reason he would ever not be best 22 this year.

Those people either don't watch training, or are motivated by non football reasons.

Tarryn's in the firsts team at training when they play intra clubs, and he looks sharp as all get out.

He and Stephenson swap between wing/forward.
Non-football reasons? he hasn't got in any trouble from what I can recall

Sure enough his best moments were inside forward 50.

Should stay there and keep causing problems for the opposition.

No need to rush his eventual move into the midfield.

We're going to need him too, both kicking goals and creating them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murals aside, is that just a general PR shot?

Take Tarryn out of it and it could've been the 2021 leadership group.

Is from here

Looks to me that's who the club wanted in the shot as face of the club types.

It's behind the paywall. What's the one rule?

New North Melbourne David Noble has implemented a hard-and-fast rule at Arden Street he hopes might ultimately fast-track the Kangaroos’ long-term revival.

A day off is a day off.

Having built a reputation as one of the AFL’s hardest working individuals, the 53-year-old is no stranger to rolling his sleeves up and working long hours.

But he believes a strict adherence to this rule – for players, the coaching staff and indeed himself – might provide the best work-life balance to ensure they get the best out of each other.

It might even help fast-track the Kangaroos as the club looks for a fresh start after experiencing an extraordinarily tough 2020 season.

“I’m big on that ...a day off is a day of,” Noble told the Herald Sun.

New North Melbourne David Noble has implemented a hard-and-fast rule at Arden Street he hopes might ultimately fast-track the Kangaroos’ long-term revival.

A day off is a day off.

Having built a reputation as one of the AFL’s hardest working individuals, the 53-year-old is no stranger to rolling his sleeves up and working long hours.

But he believes a strict adherence to this rule – for players, the coaching staff and indeed himself – might provide the best work-life balance to ensure they get the best out of each other.

It might even help fast-track the Kangaroos as the club looks for a fresh start after experiencing an extraordinarily tough 2020 season.

Shouldn't have any trouble getting adherence on that one.

A day off is a day off.

Not exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully, there are a few more strategic gems than that.

Not exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully, there are a few more strategic gems than that.

This is interesting:

“I thought of (North Melbourne) as genuine, honest, loyal, trustworthy ... it felt like there was a good synergy.

“(The coaching panel) asked: ‘What is it about us (that excites you)?’. I said: ‘I love the authenticity, I love the history, I love the understatedness, I can’t wait to roll our sleeves up and get the job done’.”

Het gets it.

It came from the widow of Kangaroos premiership player Darryl Sutton, who passed away aged only 64 in 2017.

“It was very special from Kath and that meant a lot to me,” he said.

“I played under Darryl (at North Hobart in 1985); he actually gave me my debut. He was full forward and I was forward pocket and I was pretty much standing in the forward pocket. That was my role.

“I trained through the pre-season and I was still at school doing my matric(ulation). He spoke to my dad and said ‘yeah he is ready’.

“So the journey continues, and I walk in here (at Arden St) and I see his picture in the foyer (as part of the 1977 premiership side).

“It means a lot and it shows just what this football club means to a lot of people.”

A day off is a day off.

As long as we don’t mix day off with game day 😏

I actually like this. What he is really saying is 'When it's NOT your day off you are 100% hustling to improve.'

Noble: Hey {slacker} you had yesterday to PS4, jerk off and take selfies. Today you're mine and we're gonna get sh!t done. Now run your a$$ off or I'll have you dropping into the hole in front of Zurharr.

I’m not bagging TT, I just don’t think it’s fair to diminish LDU’s recent improvement
Its a bit like Flaggy and Funky, their contribution to the board in terms of entertainment was second to none. Thomas will be the same. Eventually, he'll be a handful for most defenders. He has the natural ability.

Got to play him forward, we have a dearth of backmen and a queue for developing mids. What we don't have is proven forwards who can support Larkey. A fit and firing TT goes some way towards rectifying that problem. I like the idea of him switching with Stevo on the wing but clearly you need your best finishers, the players with the most tricks in the forward fifty where they can do some damage. Perhaps later in his career he can be more of a utility but for mine he needs to kick goals this year. Average 12 possessions, a heap of tackles and 1-2 goals a game would be a reasonable return.

It's a case of once bitten, twice shy with these types these days with the club. Fans have been burnt too many times over the last 20 years with kids that promised the world but couldn't find the ball.

Keiran Harper, Matt Campbell and Mason Wood had every trick in the book, skill to die for and could turn games in an instant.

The problem was, they could never get the ball enough to impact games outside of 1-2 moments a game.

The single most important skill in football is still finding the football.

Tarryn averaged 8 touches a game last year (in shortened games), that is nowhere near good enough. Until he can start getting it 15+ times a game consistently, he's a wait and see imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back