Recommend an Album

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Apart from the first song, ******* sick
Basically a Sabbath album undet a different name

Yeah this is great, a mate recommended it to me a few months back. Been getting into the Dio era Sabbath a bit more, Dio is obviously a technically better singer than Ozzy, but Ozzy is Sabbath to me, will always be the real stuff to me.

I'm assuming you're still talking about "The Devil You Know"? Not a fan. I loved RJD's early Sabbath work. "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" were a real breath of fresh air for the band and classic albums in their own right. But "Dehumanizer" and TDYK didn't get anywhere near those heights.

Speaking of Ronnie James Dio, this is the greatest album ever made:

Cracking album, what a ripper.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I'm assuming you're still talking about "The Devil You Know"? Not a fan. I loved RJD's early Sabbath work. "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" were a real breath of fresh air for the band and classic albums in their own right. But "Dehumanizer" and TDYK didn't get anywhere near those heights.

Speaking of Ronnie James Dio, this is the greatest album ever made:

This Album has been recommended on this thread before I know because I took that recommendation had a listen and was blown away! One of the best Albums ever recorded. Needs more praise amongst 70's Albums.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Kisschasy - United Paper People

Managed to achieve that rare feat in creating an album that was super popular with commercial radio but also actually being a really ******* good LP. From memory, there were 5 singles off it that got airplay.

Very few Australian bands have ever managed to do this and KC never get enough credit for it

Never did get to see them live :(

Last edited:

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
25 years ago today Geto Boys released The Resurrection, and it's still one of my all time favourite rap albums. It slaps hard from top to bottom. All 3 members at the top of their game.

220px-Theressurectiongetoboys.jpg

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Dayglo by Love Battery (1992)

hqdefault.jpg

Love Battery are a forgotten grunge band from Seattle that never gained the attention that Nirvana, Soundgarden, Mudhoney and the others did. Named after a Buzzcocks song, they were more a grunge/psych band. Dayglo is their debut album from 1992. Swapped labels, line up changes and never really went anywhere as a group but this album is a nice slice of early 90s goodness.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
What's Blur's best album? They've been a black spot for too long. Only heard Song 2 and Girls and Boys.
Modern Life is Rubbish is my favourite of theirs. Was their second album. Wasn't that successful in terms of sales but found their defining Britpop sound here

Broke big with their next album (Parklife) which has more known hits. Their self titled album was released a few years later. Also a hit album, lots of successful singles.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Peng! by Stereolab (1992)

Stereolab-Peng.png

This was the influential experimental/indie pop group's debut album having released a few singles/EPs prior. Combination of drone rock, 60s melodies, krautrock, dream pop... Rolling Stone wrote that their early records form “an endlessly seductive body of work that sounds always the same, always different.”

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Come across this band and record by accident while I was looking for something else, the Album cover caught my interest so gave it a go.
'Black Rose Maze' are a Female Rock band from Canada the lead singer is Rosa Laricchiuta has a great rocking voice! The debuted self title record has some great rocking tunes. Worth a listen!

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

This album from 2006 by Starky. From smack bang in the mid 00s British angular, dancey rock era like Franz, The Music, The Futureheads, Maximo Park, The Editors and so on

But Starky were from Melbourne. Can't remember the name of the album, but it was phenomenal. One of my favourites

Managed to see them live at the Amplifier in 06 and they were awesome

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Come across this band and record by accident while I was looking for something else, the Album cover caught my interest so gave it a go.
'Black Rose Maze' are a Female Rock band from Canada the lead singer is Rosa Laricchiuta has a great rocking voice! The debuted self title record has some great rocking tunes. Worth a listen!

Man dem pipes. Wicked tune too. Though I felt the solo was cut too short

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Modern Life is Rubbish is my favourite of theirs. Was their second album. Wasn't that successful in terms of sales but found their defining Britpop sound here

Broke big with their next album (Parklife) which has more known hits. Their self titled album was released a few years later. Also a hit album, lots of successful singles.
Leisure holds a special place in my heart. Theres No Other Way was one of the first songs that brought me into the UK Indie scene way back in the day

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
ELO - A New World Record

Back