Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1058770

This is Gawn's first 9 games above. Only has the Marshall/Ryder tag team and Goldy.

View attachment 1058773
ROB's first 9, has Witts, Goldy, Lycett, Nic nat. Actually tougher than what Gawn has. I seriously doubt that ROB will get close enough to Gawn pre bye to make for an easy trade. However, Grundy would be a lot easier to reach. IMO, if you can find a way to go Gawn and ROB instead of Grundy then the ROB pick is extemely justified and a very smart pick too. I might even consider it.

I’m not convinced that Grundy isn’t going to rain on a lot of people’s parade this year. It’s well known that he was all over the shop second half of last year, with homesickness/injury and a disgusting interstate draw for a big man who didn’t get a break all year. He still finished 6th or 7th most points and is about the only SP in their prime who dropped 10pts/game from 18/19 (and VERY against the trend for ruckman in 20).

He’s a 26yo freak and I expect to come back firing with his clearance/possession game, lift his average back to 130ave (same as Gawn), and be out of reach by R8. The only concern is whether Cox/Cameron steal points, but it’s a non-issue IMO.

Start without him at your own peril (not you personally, Frosty, anyone!)

I’m not convinced that Grundy isn’t going to rain on a lot of people’s parade this year. It’s well known that he was all over the shop second half of last year, with homesickness/injury and a disgusting interstate draw for a big man who didn’t get a break all year. He still finished 6th or 7th most points and is about the only SP in their prime who dropped 10pts/game from 18/19 (and VERY against the trend for ruckman in 20).

He’s a 26yo freak and I expect to come back firing with his clearance/possession game, lift his average back to 130ave (same as Gawn), and be out of reach by R8. The only concern is whether Cox/Cameron steal points, but it’s a non-issue IMO.

Start without him at your own peril (not you personally, Frosty, anyone!)

I agree with everything you've said, and I'm still not starting with him!

He will be my first upgrade though, I reckon.

If I was going to have either of Gawn or Grundy, it would be Grundy by the length of the Flemington straight, for all the reasons you've outlined

Cameron on Pruess

“The good news is he’s had a wonderful pre-season, an outstanding pre-season and he’s made a massive impact and we probably underestimated even when we took him, he’s 208cm, 112kg and has just gone about it in a wonderful way and the way you want your ruckmen to go about it,” Cameron told SEN Breakfast.

“He and Matthew Flynn have a really good ding-dong battle.

“Unfortunately, on Monday he’s just hurt his shoulder a little bit.

Cameron on Pruess

“The good news is he’s had a wonderful pre-season, an outstanding pre-season and he’s made a massive impact and we probably underestimated even when we took him, he’s 208cm, 112kg and has just gone about it in a wonderful way and the way you want your ruckmen to go about it,” Cameron told SEN Breakfast.

“He and Matthew Flynn have a really good ding-dong battle.

“Unfortunately, on Monday he’s just hurt his shoulder a little bit.

That's GWS speak for 4-6 weeks

Last edited:
30% of teams just re-entered the race for 50k now.
Disappointed we won't be getting the Pruess melts in round 3 anymore as everyone scrambled to get the Ruck Gods.

30% of teams just re-entered the race for 50k now.
Disappointed we won't be getting the Pruess melts in round 3 anymore as everyone scrambled to get the Ruck Gods.
Ha ha beat me to it, was hoping he would get to round 1. Him breaking down or getting injured at some stage was inevitable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Preuss injured, he's officially crossed off my list (has already been out of my side for a few weeks, but now it's official he isn't coming back)

My order of ruck preference:

Gawn
Grundy
🌄
🌄
ROB
🌄
🌄
Nankervis
BigO

ST KILDA has been dealt a major blow with ruckman Rowan Marshall to miss the start of the 2021 season with a stress injury in his foot.

Marshall will be sidelined for at least the next month – that coincides with round one – with hope he will ramp up his recovery soon after.

The 25-year-old's setback means the Saints' ruck duties will fall to veteran Paddy Ryder or back-up option Shaun McKernan in the short-term.

Now the Preuss with Marshall cover has fallen on it's arse I will have to look at something else.

Won't take Grundy until he start to play in match Sims and preseason. Expect him to have a slow start.

Draper hasn't shown enough and now has 2MP to share ruck duties with.

Need to see nic nat's tog in the preseason game to consider starting.

Hopefully I can come up with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back