Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

the word you are looking for is vanilla
Mate, I've always had a bit more time for you than some other people have and I respect how you've held your own and stuck to your opinions through some flat out disgraceful personal abuse over the years, but on Scott you are just downright wrong. I think you've held onto this conception of him as a player since his junior days, when you regularly claimed we should let Geelong or the Suns have him, and you're maybe too stubborn to clearly confront the evidence of his performance in the AFL that's proved you wrong.

Mate, I've always had a bit more time for you than some other people have and I respect how you've held your own and stuck to your opinions through some flat out disgraceful personal abuse over the years, but on Scott you are just downright wrong. I think you've held onto this conception of him as a player since his junior days, when you regularly claimed we should let Geelong or the Suns have him, and you're maybe too stubborn to clearly confront the evidence of his performance in the AFL that's proved you wrong.
agree to disagree but appreciate what your saying in general

The good news is that we have plenty of time to assess tZ's opinion here.

I have been a fan of Bailey since game 1 BUT tZ is entitled to his opinion - remember he is saying Bailey is 'vanilla' - not shite.

On this one I think tZ will be badly wrong and that will become evident by mid this year (if it isn't already.)

Once it becomes a universal truth that Bailey is a very good to excellent player tZ will need to come clean and admit his error.

The good news is that we have plenty of time to assess tZ's opinion here.

I have been a fan of Bailey since game 1 BUT tZ is entitled to his opinion - remember he is saying Bailey is 'vanilla' - not sh*te.

On this one I think tZ will be badly wrong and that will become evident by mid this year (if it isn't already.)

Once it becomes a universal truth that Bailey is a very good to excellent player tZ will need to come clean and admit his error.

Sure, but he’s spitting garbage like he’s poor with ball in hand when if you look at the stats, it’s clear he’s a good user.

Fine to have opinions, but there has to be some substance to it.

Sure, but he’s spitting garbage like he’s poor with ball in hand when if you look at the stats, it’s clear he’s a good user.

Fine to have opinions, but there has to be some substance to it.
Agree - but it will make the apology all the more sweeter to those of us who rate Bailey.

Of course if it turns out that tZ is right - I will put my hand up and do the walk of shame first.

It's funny how someone consistently doing the right things, running to the right areas and making the right decisions is somehow construed as being "vanilla" and having less of an upside.

If he does that 20 to 25 times a game for 200 plus games then he will be a great player for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol nuff nuffs with differing opinions getting angry about other opinions

you rate players how you want mate ill do the same

i dont rate bailey highly - glad you do

You seem to rate Bonar highly, but not Scott. What do you see in Bonar that you don’t see in Scott ?

Scott has good speed, good overhead, good endurance, versatile, can kick goals, good disposal, can find the ball, etc.

Yet Bonar has shown very little in anything at the top level, but you continually praise him for what he can potentially bring to the side.

Apart from looking like a specimen, what has Bonar proven to you at the top level more than Scott?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been to training twice this pre-season for Friday scratch matches. Especially last week's game I was blown away by the quality of Bailey's football more than just about anybody else out on the park. He was in everything. One passage of play where he took the ball out of the back line with a precision pass down the wing, kept on linking up until he had a shot for goal from 50 that was touched on the line from memory.

To me he clearly stands out as a player with time and poise who makes the right decisions every time. When others are making mistakes he'll be the one cleaning up after them. He has precise foot skills, he can stick tackles, kick goals, take contested marks and clearly possesses close to elite endurance. Above all of this the kid clearly has heart and determination. There's a maturity about him which is very comforting in such a young team. I'm not saying he's going to be Isaac Smith or Nigel Lappin but he's someone I think we can be very confident will be a very good player for us, for many years to come.

I've been to training twice this pre-season for Friday scratch matches. Especially last week's game I was blown away by the quality of Bailey's football more than just about anybody else out on the park. He was in everything. One passage of play where he took the ball out of the back line with a precision pass down the wing, kept on linking up until he had a shot for goal from 50 that was touched on the line from memory.

To me he clearly stands out as a player with time and poise who makes the right decisions every time. When others are making mistakes he'll be the one cleaning up after them. He has precise foot skills, he can stick tackles, kick goals, take contested marks and clearly possesses close to elite endurance. Above all of this the kid clearly has heart and determination. There's a maturity about him which is very comforting in such a young team. I'm not saying he's going to be Isaac Smith or Nigel Lappin but he's someone I think we can be very confident will be a very good player for us, for many years to come.
I'm planning to specifically keep an eye on him tomorrow when I'm there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back