NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles have to pay Wentz a 10 mil roster bonus by March 2nd I believe so you can bet your ass he is traded by then, and it won't be for anything close to what's reported. ie: a first or more.

The Eagles tried getting someone stupid to bite, now they have had their bluff calld opposing teams own all the leverage.

The longer it drags on the less time they have to deal with the ~$50M cap space they need to clear in the next 4 weeks.

And if they somehow manage to swindle a team out of a 1st round pick there is more cap space they need to clear for the draft reserve.
Theyll just settle last minute on best existing offer, the day before. But i just hope the Colts and Bears end up being not interested anymore, going with a different plan

The Eagles have to pay Wentz a 10 mil roster bonus by March 2nd I believe so you can bet your ass he is traded by then, and it won't be for anything close to what's reported. ie: a first or more.

The Eagles tried getting someone stupid to bite, now they have had their bluff calld opposing teams own all the leverage.
You seem to be expecting the eagles to have a level of competency they have shown no longer exists in the franchise.

You seem to be expecting the eagles to have a level of competency they have shown no longer exists in the franchise.

The boards boy, Jack Easterby , has saved them from being the runaway #1 dumpster fire in the league.

I think Lebron would of looked good in 7on7 and practice. but when a safely lines him up would be the question.

Put him in the pro bowl and he would look like a HoF TE, but in a real game getting layed out would make most people question their sanity and life choices.

My opinion on these two has hit the stratosphere
Its because NFL broadcasters cant let the announcers show any personality. Check out Ian Eagles interview on the Lebatard show from November.

I also love Joe Buck's pot brownie story from when he was getting hair plugs and ate some Brownies after and lost his mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers released DT Kawann Short.
The move, which saves Carolina $14.5 million against the cap in 2021, was widely expected after Short missed most of the past two season with shoulder injuries. Short, 32, should have a handful of suitors who will look to sign the veteran to a contract loaded with incentives. He signed a five-year, $80 million contract with Carolina after the 2016 season, when he was graded by Pro Football Focus as the No. 3 DT in the NFL.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 16, 2021, 11:36 AM ET

Expecting him to sign with the Buffalo Panthers. 🤗

Just on Short, he was the last remaining piece of the 2016 Carolina SB team, not a single player or coach from that game remains, hell, even the owner has changed.

Life moves fast in the NFL.

When you think about it, it's a bit amazing. 53 man roster. You probably draft 6 players a year, and maybe only half stick for more than two years. You hand out generally 3 year contracts to everyone. So a massive amount thru free agency, but it never seems like it's that much coming in from FA....53 churned all in 3-4 years. Even dynasties go thru it. After about 10 years, probably only Belichick and Brady remained.

Family members of the late Vincent Jackson say the former NFL wideout suffered from CTE.
Jackson, who was found deceased on Monday at 38 years old, suffered from chronic alcoholism, according to Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister. The sheriff added the Jackson's family members believe he struggled for years with symptoms of CTE, or brain degeneration likely caused by repeated head traumas -- an alarmingly common issue for ex-NFL players. Jackson had isolated himself in a hotel for a month before he was found dead. The league created a fund for former players who suffer from cognitive decline, a move criticized by many as inadequate.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com
Feb 17, 2021, 11:55 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back