Position 2021 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think all roads lead to G&G.
Flynn at R3 not ideal, but a potential money-spinner if they can't / don't bring the mummy back to life or the league bans zimmer frames.
Like ROB as a potential challenger, but not really sure that's the zone for zigging where everyone else will be zagging. There are probably smarter risks.
Nank the value option but awkward, will need a trade at some stage.
Flynn at R2 a toxic special, who dares wins 🎖️

And just so we're clear, any campaigners mocking and ridiculing the consensus 🐐, aka Smackdog Millionaire, aka Shauny 'Uncle SmackSmack' McKernan, feel free to step outside your safe spaces and into a world of hurt.
Bunch of tall poppie syndrome having mother*ers.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
My recent teams had all seen Gawndy in the ruck as memories of last year's disastrous revolving door R2 position made me more and more reluctant to risk Preuss. Now he's injured and any temptation to take that risk is moot. I still feel Gawn's overpriced, but in the absence of Preuss there simply isn't a cheaper option with an upside that makes it worth replacing him.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
What's G&G loopability via Treacy like?
Assuming you'd give up a lot of flexibility with Flynn at R3, doesn't seem ideal.
Reckon it depends who plays. If Flynn named for round one then him at R3. Put Treacy at F8 and if he is also named then bring in a 102k spud defender. If neither then Treacy at R3.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What's G&G loopability via Treacy like?
Assuming you'd give up a lot of flexibility with Flynn at R3, doesn't seem ideal.
Have Treacy at F8 ATM no real F rookies interested me other than MacRea and Smith who I already have on the mids bench also with no Marshall no real reason to have Treacy at R3

I've never been a fan of deliberately picking someone to act as the VC loophole player. Chances are we'll all pick enough spuds who end up missing games anyway without deliberately adding another one into the mix.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I've never been a fan of deliberately picking someone to act as the VC loophole player. Chances are we'll all pick enough spuds who end up missing games anyway without deliberately adding another one into the mix.
But you have to look on the bright side that for the first few rounds you have 29 playing. Chances are slim but miracles do happen.

But you have to look on the bright side that for the first few rounds you have 29 playing. Chances are slim but miracles do happen.

If such an unprecedented miracle occurs I'm already winning the 50k with or without the VC loophole ;)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
If such an unprecedented miracle occurs I'm already winning the 50k with or without the VC loophole ;)

I'm starting with 29 playing even if that means having 0 rookies on-field. And should one or two of my bench rookies be dropped I will use 1-2 corrective rookie trades to replace them. Can't afford to have the same farcical situation as last year playing with practically no bench cover for much of it.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Treacy is a chance to play round 1 so he’s not really a loophole player

Hard to see a rookie drafted 18 year old ruck playing over Lloyd Meek, somebody whose been in the system for a few years and is also having a great preseason.

Has an 18 year old ruck every played a game? I highly doubt it. Locked in as RUCK/FWD DPP donut for the year

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hard to see a rookie drafted 18 year old ruck playing over Lloyd Meek, somebody whose been in the system for a few years and is also having a great preseason.

Has an 18 year old ruck every played a game? I highly doubt it. Locked in as RUCK/FWD DPP donut for the year
Training as a forward

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

If Treacy is selected for Rd1 it will be as a KPF as a replacement for Tabs. If Meek is selected it will be as a replacement for Darcy.

Most people with Treacy have Marshall at F1 or F2 so that's the ruck strategy in case R1 or R 2 are injured. If he plays, it's a bonus

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
If Treacy is selected for Rd1 it will be as a KPF as a replacement for Tabs. If Meek is selected it will be as a replacement for Darcy.
Meek and Flynn both being selected for round 1 would be funny, then we can all try to pick the right one. (Or blow a trade swapping R3)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Most people with Treacy have Marshall at F1 or F2 so that's the ruck strategy in case R1 or R 2 are injured. If he plays, it's a bonus
I agree ... we may have a playing R3 Rookie ... that IMO takes precedence over Treacy, who may not be required as a loop for Marshall till round 4

Hard to believe a foot hotspot can be fixed in 4 weeks

Training as a forward
Ooooooh right, my bad. Still can't see it, just play Fyfe and Mundy as forwards, Cerra/Brayshaw/Serong will be fine in the middle

All this talk about Preuss going down. The big story for me is Marshall. Suddenly Paddy Ryder at R2 is tempting, with Flynn on the bench.

Ryder pretty consistently scored 90+ averages as a backup ruck. Surely he's their #1 while Marshall is out.

I agree ... we may have a playing R3 Rookie ... that IMO takes precedence over Treacy, who may not be required as a loop for Marshall till round 4

Hard to believe a foot hotspot can be fixed in 4 weeks
I'm a jinx. Marshall now out, stress fractures are bastards of injuries.
Based on my above form, "gee Nickelback are a tempting ruck option"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back