HB: Houli. Baker.
HHB: Short
C: Ross. Prestia. McIntosh.
HHF: Lambert
HF: Martin. Lynch. Bolton.
FF: Rioli. Jack.
Foll: Nank. Edwards. Cotchin.

Int: Balta. Graham, Broad, George,

Love to see - Stack, CCJ, Naish and Caddy find their way into the side too. I'm not a massive fan of Pickett - at 28, I'd rather see younger players given an opportunity.

I can't get Caddy into the 22, good depth but he's also in between positions and has dropped off in form. Reckon he's gonna struggle for regular games.
Is 28 so cant trade him back to Geelong yet for a few more years.

The 22 incumbents will be hard to displace, especially so given that we've had no retirements or long term injuries.

Some guys who I reckon may find themselves on the fringes at various times during the year - Castagna, Rioli, Houli, Broad, McIntosh, Pickett

Some guys who I reckon will be the ones pushing into the side are various times - RCD, Naish, Ross, CCJ, Stack*, Aarts, Caddy, Chol

In particular I'd expect Aarts to play a fair bit of footy. His season in 2020, given his circumstances during the COVID break, was pretty impressive. Lots of potential.

Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Richmond has just dropped. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

I like our chances with this list again this year. One new premiership player per year though is not enough if we are going to be seriously competitive (say top 4) for the next ten years, which is what we should be aiming for. Home and away season this year should be about finding those players that can replace the players nearest to the end of their careers. Like Jack and Cotch who have both experienced injury interrupted seasons recently. And we seem to lack depth in key backs, I am not sure Garth from what we've seen will do and I don't know much about Miller. Who else is there to replace Ashbury and Grimes who are 29. Houli has to be considered on his last year and a replacement needed. Stack fits.
Should be aiming to have 3 new best 22 and hopefully new life members of the club this year and significantly younger than whoever they replace. That said Houli is the only one I can put in the likely to be replaced bucket given the gap between him and who might be next seems least.

Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Richmond has just dropped. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

No such thing as a "dominate" side. Richmond are a dominant side who dominate other sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting to do a 2nd side as well.
1st 22:
Tough task.

B: Baker, Grimes, Astbury
HB: Vlastuin, Balta, Short
C: Cotchin, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Castagna, Lynch, Bolton
F: Caddy, Riewoldt, Edwards
Foll: Nankervis, Martin, Lambert
Inter: Soldo, Graham, Broad, Houli
Emerg: Pickett, D. Rioli, Ross

I have a feeling Bachar might struggle a bit this year, but still gets in. Pickett unlucky, and I went to Caddy instead of Rioli, but that could easily be swapped around. Aarts could easily fill that role too.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to do a 2nd side as well.
1st 22:
Tough task.

B: Baker, Grimes, Astbury
F: Caddy, Riewoldt, Edwards
Emerg: Pickett, Rioli, Ross

I have a feeling Bachar might struggle a bit this year, but still gets in. Pickett unlucky, and I went to Caddy instead of Rioli, but that could easily be swapped around. Aarts could easily fill that role too.

RCD.
Dow.
Ross.

Epic starting reserve midfield

2nd 18 based on my previous post to include emergencies.

B: Garthwaite, Miller, Mansell
HB: Naish, Ngyuon, Martyn
C: Ross, Pickett, Collier-Dawkins
HF: Stack, Chol, D. Rioli
F: M. Rioli, Coleman-Jones, Aarts
Foll: Ryan, Dow, Ralphsmith

Cumberland would slot in nicely when he is ready.

Baker Astbury Grimes

Vlastuin Balta Short

Cotchin Prestia Martin

CCJ Riewoldt Caddy

Edwards Lynch D.Rioli

Nankervis Bolton Lambert

Broad RCD Graham Castagna

B: Baker, Grimes, Broad
F: D.Rioli, Riewoldt, Edwards

The bolded players are those that are aging and/or more susceptible to injury.

I think their backups are -
Grimes - Astbury, Miller, Garthwaite
Cotchin - Ross, RCD,
Prestia -
Bolton (Arts at HF), Caddy
Riewoldt - Caddy, CCJ, Chol
Edwards - Stack, Dow
Soldo - CCJ,
Houli - Naish, Mansell

Out of these replacements, I could see Arts, Ross, Stack, Caddy, CCJ, RCD, Chol, Dow, Naish (in that order) all potentially forcing their way into the team this year, if they take their opportunities.

Looking at the list, the areas where I feel we are most vulnerable are covering the loss of Grimes/Astbury and Jack. I don't think the draft (given next years is apparently low on key position players) will be the solution. I think we may have to trade or get free agents to cover these positions.

Hey guys, fantasy question here.

Just wondering if the Tigers have any draftees from either 2020, or the last couple years who are doing well in the intra-club games/scratch match from this week. Would you expect them to be best 22?

Thanks in advance.

Include injured and suspended players.

B: David Astbury, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta

HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, Bachar Houli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett

HF: Kane Lambert, Jason Castagna, Dustin Martin

F: Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin

I/C: Jack Graham, Shai Bolton, Jayden Short, Nathan Broad

Emergency: Stack, Soldo, Caddy, Aarts, RCD, Chol

no Jack Ross, but Sydney Stack emergency? Jesus even in January that was a long shot

Stack is twice the footballer that Jack Ross is with all due respect to Jack Ross.
Whilst I agree with you Pericles, I don’t see stack in a tigers gurney again

Whilst I agree with you Pericles, I don’t see stack in a tigers gurney again

SS 17 games in 2019 were an important contribution to richmond winning.

You may be right but I'd love him to remain at tigerland.

About this time last year I was desperate to find a spot for stack in the 22. After the unlucky syndesmosis
Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back