The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford have had players cop as much or more racial abuse online than ever before. Its not making a point anymore
Yep, I have been thinking for a while why are they still doing it? Seems so redundant now. Clubs are doing it because I think they're scared of the backlash if they don't.

Yep, I have been thinking for a while why are they still doing it? Seems so redundant now. Clubs are doing it because I think they're scared of the backlash if they don't.
I don't mind it and really agreed with it to start with. But it's gotten to the point now where black players are taking a knee and are still being abused online and the knee is reminding them more that it's not working than the statement it makes. I'm all for club's letting their players, regardless of race, deciding whether they feel like they should continue

Brentford have had players cop as much or more racial abuse online than ever before. Its not making a point anymore
Yeah, and it's absolutely ridiculous. A player not taking the knee doesn't mean they're racist by any stretch. You can still feel strongly about something without having to a gesture which is all it is. A gesture. It had good intentions initially but, ultimately, it won't change anything. It reminds me of this:

I don't mind it and really agreed with it to start with. But it's gotten to the point now where black players are taking a knee and are still being abused online and the knee is reminding them more that it's not working than the statement it makes. I'm all for club's letting their players, regardless of race, deciding whether they feel like they should continue
I think you’ll always get that abuse online, it’s just the nature of social media unfortunately. Unless of course they make compulsory to prove ID before opening an account which won’t happen. Anyway my point is not necessarily try and change minds of the mindless keyboard abusers but to slowly change mind of kids etc by seeing that each time, planting the seed so to speak..and it’s only for a very short matter of seconds per game.

the problem with taking the knee and similar things is that we're being told what we already know. racism is unacceptable. the racists already know that. social media companies should be doing something alongside it. just put a word filter in place similar to this place has. dont allow people to use racist terms, as in if they have it in their post it doesnt send. people can complain about censorship and mah freedoms all they want, but racism is racism.

What a waste of plastic, there is a big chance they're selling winners ones.

View attachment 1057161

The above eclipses the DVDs. The products bad enough. But 75 quid for these 3 potatoes? SMH
Can we use them instead of the actual players
Think those figures may be faster than Davies, control the ball better than Winks and more durable than Lamela

First comment:

”I'm signing because Ole will get us relegated, he doesn't have a clue about football management. Cut our losses now and send him on his way.”

Looks like someone doesn’t know how to read the Premier League standings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First comment:

”I'm signing because Ole will get us relegated, he doesn't have a clue about football management. Cut our losses now and send him on his way.”

Looks like someone doesn’t know how to read the Premier League standings.
Clearly they've read the table upside-down.

Clearly they've read the table upside-down.

If most MUFC fans had common sense, they would want Woodward (A Glazers Yes Man/Puppet) gone before Ole.

As much as I disliked him as a player, I do feel sorry for Ole and feel like he is on something of a hiding to nothing. If he wins the FA Cup and qualifies them for The Champions League, that should be enough for him to keep his job (in my opinion) but I am not sure it will keep the howling wolves (impatient Utd fans) at bay..

They should feel lucky and blessed to have lived through the Fergie, we will never live through that 20 plus single club dominance of English Football again. It seems like all that success has given many Utd fans worldwide some kind of 'born to rule' mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back