2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I bet this is purely directed to funding junior programmes in State leagues, I’m sure the TAC Cup will still be well funded as will the expanded VFL.
Nope, NAB League clubs are unhappy, AFL Clubs are unhappy, Club recruiters are totally pissed off with how the NAB League has been decimated with these changes.
Parents of country kids in particular are pissed right off because unless you are thought of as a super talent like Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Elijah Hollands etc from the last draft or as an example from this year's draft Campbell Chesser (Albury-Wadonga/Melbourne Grammar/Sandringham Dragons) a sports scholarship with one of the big APS/AGSV Private Schools is unobtainable.

For Vic kids with the focus seemingly moving more towards Melbourne's Private Schools as the talent pathway those under privileged kids who's parents don't have the money to shell out to pay the hefty Private School fees are going to be at a distinct disadvantage unless they're offered a sports scholarship. The SA/WA kids within the SANFL system will certainly be far better placed re the draft now IMO.

This move seems to me to be influenced by the AFLW with the funding now going towards female participation which is fine but not at the expense of what is really the core product they're selling and relying on to keep the $$$'s coming in....AFL.

Last edited:

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have full time professional CEOs for each of the AFL umpires association, the AFL Players association, the AFL Coaches association.

I'll stand correction because I'm only guessing but I reckon those are AFL funded - in priority to junior development?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's a fair whack, I wonder how much of it was done for the camera considering they were only too happy to sign him again

Who are they kidding?

and I say this in regards to my absolute man love for Eddie but his decline started 3 years back, we all saw it in the second half of 2017 and it has taken a step back each year. It isn't mental, it is his body letting him down or drawing him back to the pack...or he benefitted from being in a system from 2014-2017 where he was in a solid forward set up with options, allowing him to be his best...maybe both. As much as I am happy to see Eddie go round again, I would be remiss to expect anything more than a couple of highlights and not a reel anymore

Who are they kidding?

and I say this in regards to my absolute man love for Eddie but his decline started 3 years back, we all saw it in the second half of 2017 and it has taken a step back each year. It isn't mental, it is his body letting him down or drawing him back to the pack...or he benefitted from being in a system from 2014-2017 where he was in a solid forward set up with options, allowing him to be his best...maybe both. As much as I am happy to see Eddie go round again, I would be remiss to expect anything more than a couple of highlights and not a reel anymore

Any excuse to view these highlights again:

Lol at the Port fans abusing him at 5:35.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol at the Port fans abusing him at 5:35.

The banana moment...
Forgot about that

Was at the game. I particularly remember that the odds differential was the largest in Showdown history, being seated in a Port member area with only one Crows fan near me, that we wasted an unbelievable amount of chances in the 2nd quarter whilst we had complete dominance, and Toumpas (the reject that Port picked up from Melbourne that wasn't Watts) giving away a stupid free in the dying minutes to ensure us the W.
Oh then we lost to Eagles at home a few days later to cost us a top four spot :(

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
S'funny I never mentioned achievability or dreams

I like how they have made a statement of intent rather than some meandering philosophy

Yep, something they're prepared to let the public judge whether they pass or fail. Unlike us when even in a spoon year we've achieved everything in our unpublished 5 year plan.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
So ports marketing manager.
“For the first time in a few years we’ll actually have some tickets we can sell to people.
And that’s a good result for the club”
What?

Fagan said the same thing a couple of years ago. Pretty sure we reduced our 11 game version quantity so we could offer more 3 game memberships as this still filled the coffers but engaged more people overall.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Sad to hear .... an ok Coach of Westies

1613598104380.jpeg

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Injuries mounting at the Saints already.

Marshall now down with a foot stress fracture, not good for a ruck.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Bad luck, Gooch.
Tasmania’s Rhyan Mansell has earned an AFL lifeline at the reigning premiers, with Richmond confirming the mature-age prospect has joined the club’s list.
Mansell, a speedy defender, joined the Tigers via the AFL’s pre-season supplementary selection period (SSP).

The 20-year-old beat fellow train-on players West Adelaide’s Nicholas Couroupis, delisted Tiger Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Marist’s Josh Green and delisted Crow Jordan Gallucci for the first open Richmond list spot.
Mansell was playing with WWT in the SANFL last year.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Not AFL related, but Jared Petrenko joining Matthew Jaensch and Kyle Cheney in playing for Hahndorf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back