Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Ditts on the radio this morning saying his "sources" put Vozzo as the $1.10 favourite for the job. Also listed Jake Parkingson (former SANFL CEO) and Jamie McPhee as the other two favourites.
If we get Vozzo this club has officially turned a corner and wants success.

Parkingson, no doubt a good operator, but cut from the SANFL cloth.

"Near enough, good enough"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Preparing the ground for 'we're very happy with Parkingson, we rate him as best in the business'

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Vozzo is Balme mark 2

"Very tempted, but personal reasons meant he couldn't take the job."

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Roo makes a few comments here

On Xavier Campbell "I'm actually happy to say that he's not our number 1 target". Which is IMO good to hear - but - gee, I don't want our Board members saying anything in public about where the candidates stand.

Edit: OK, that seemed to be a rebuttal of a Melbourne radio report that XC is our number 1 target, so maybe it's OK to say that as a rebuttal of a particular claim...

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
On Xavier Campbell "I'm actually happy to say that he's not our number 1 target". Which is IMO good to hear - but - gee, I don't want our Board members saying anything in public about where the candidates stand.

Edit: OK, that seemed to be a rebuttal of a Melbourne radio report that XC is our number 1 target, so maybe it's OK to say that as a rebuttal of a particular claim...
Didn't Roo also publicly deny that Mitch McGovern was looking to leave when it had been reported that he was?

I think we all know how that turned out. Wouldn't trust that this anything else than a smokescreen. Hope I am wrong though.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Didn't Roo also publicly deny that Mitch McGovern was looking to leave when it had been reported that he was?

I think we all know how that turned out. Wouldn't trust that this anything else than a smokescreen. Hope I am wrong though.
He wouldn't shitcan the bloke we're appointing though

That would be unbelievably stupi-

...wuh oh

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Is there some evidence for this? We are paying for our license (we didn't own it, so whoever did we would get this fee) and are paying the SANFL comp fees (which is a rip only because Port pay nothing).

I doubt this is stopping us having megamillions like Hawthorn and the Eagles.

If you look at our current situation;

We're paying 11.5 million back for a license that we already paid for back in the 90s. Throw in the ridiculous amount of money the SANFULL are charging us to have a reserves team.

That immediately puts us $1.5 million behind everyone else in the league.

When you factor in the mediocre stadium deal it would put us potentially 2-3 million worse off than clubs like West Coasst and Collingwood.

That's a significant handicap.

In terms of the license, the SANFL originally paid for the license, but we had to pay them back so in actual fact we wore the 4 million cost not the SANFL. My opinion has always been that it's completely unconscionable that the SANFL have now asked us to pay again for the license.

Historically the SANFL made us pay for the northern stand at Footy Park, plus we operated for years under one of the worst stadium deals in football at Footy Park. Not to mention the SANFL using our name and likeness to promote their tavern.

We've more than paid our pound of flesh to the SANFL over the years.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If you look at our current situation;

We're paying 11.5 million back for a license that we already paid for back in the 90s. Throw in the ridiculous amount of money the SANFULL are charging us to have a reserves team.

That immediately puts us $1.5 million behind everyone else in the league.

When you factor in the mediocre stadium deal it would put us potentially 2-3 million worse off than clubs like West Coasst and Collingwood.

That's a significant handicap.

In terms of the license, the SANFL originally paid for the license, but we had to pay them back so in actual fact we wore the 4 million cost not the SANFL. My opinion has always been that it's completely unconscionable that the SANFL have now asked us to pay again for the license.

Historically the SANFL made us pay for the northern stand at Footy Park, plus we operated for years under one of the worst stadium deals in football at Footy Park. Not to mention the SANFL using our name and likeness to promote their tavern.

We've more than paid our pound of flesh to the SANFL over the years.
That licence is now owned by the AFL though, not the SANFL though isn't it?

If so, they are charging us again for the licence. It doesn't sound like the AFL to have a double dip at the expense of a non-vic club. Am I reading this wrong?

Let me guess, the other mob still haven't paid back the original licence fee to the SANFL, plus have to pay back the licence fee to the AFL on top of that, and pay nothing towards having a team in the SANFL under the proviso of having been a "foundation club"?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
One of the rare times in recent memory I've liked what Roo has had to say.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

It was Ruccis initial report he was the #1 target and I get the feeling Roo wouldn't have bothered saying anything if it was anyone else saying it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It was Ruccis initial report he was the #1 target and I get the feeling Roo wouldn't have bothered saying anything if it was anyone else saying it.
Was it ?? His name was brought up but I'm not sure even Rooch believes he was the top target

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Was it ?? His name was brought up but I'm not sure even Rooch believes he was the top target

Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell has emerged as a potential candidate to become Adelaide’s next CEO.

South Australian footy journalist Michelangelo Rucci has linked Campbell to the Crows job following Andrew Fagan’s resignation on the eve of the 2021 season.

“The framework is pretty clear what from John Olsen (Adelaide chairman) said,” Rucci told SEN SA Breakfast.

“It will be someone who knows South Australia, that usually means they’re South Australian, they know the nuances of South Australian football, someone who has had an active role at SANFL level more so than AFL level.

“If you look at what sort of field that is, they probably in the end go headhunting more so than wait for those applications.

“A name that has very much emerged over the weekend is Xavier Campbell, who is the chief executive at Essendon.

“I would think that Xavier Campbell’s name is going to become quite evident shortly. It won’t be a field that lacks quality, that’s for sure.”

Rooch took a big swing based on Campbell's SANFL experience. Entire Melbourne reporting just mentioned it was on SEN, but not who made the comments.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Roo acting as a director and a radio commentator is a conflict of interest that is a ******* farce.

I understand other key figures at other clubs have done similar things but they knew to not run their bloody mouths quite so much about internal matters.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Roo acting as a director and a radio commentator is a conflict of interest that is a ******* farce.

I understand other key figures at other clubs have done similar things but they knew to not run their bloody mouths quite so much about internal matters.
In this instance he was merely responding to a story written.

Ordinarily though, absolutely

Back