How Many Sets will Aslan Win Tonight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ggt4

Draftee
Feb 14, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bahahahahahahaha, suck eggs Porker, you'll never get Margaret's record. Long live the True Queen of Womens Tennis:

v3imagesbin3de5915fa75c159b14ac2fde37b30dd7-jrqsjh6eq1e1tdhfqt2_ct1880x930.jpg

r0_0_4928_3280_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

ggt4

Draftee
Feb 14, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Amazing effort by Serena though to make it this far, play the tennis she did, and even still be doing this for a living. I think of all the athletes from any sport that I've ever had the pleasure of watching, she embodies the much-overused term 'warrior' better than anyone.
Yeah, Steroid Warrior. :$

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Serena is comfortably the best female tennis player ever and I’d be happy for her to get the record, and she deserves it, but seems unlikely now. It’s getting to be awhile now since she won a slam and she’s a fair way behind Osaka and a few others if they bring their best.( Halep didn’t)
Anyway, still glad Osaka won today. She is terrific.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I do want to see Osaka improve on other surfaces, 3rd round bests at Wimbeldon and French aren't what you would expect from a player of her calibre.
yeah, very true. Osaka in the past has voiced her dislike of clay.

but 2020 was a weird year. Osaka hasn't played on clay or grass since July 2019.....
(actually, that is incorrect. She played 1 Fed Cup tie in Feb 2020 on clay. She lost to Sara Sorribes Tormo and lost 6-0!!!! 6-3. That is her last loss anywhere)

Osaka will be fav for any hardcourt title. Clear number 1 on that surface.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Amazing effort by Serena though to make it this far, play the tennis she did, and even still be doing this for a living. I think of all the athletes from any sport that I've ever had the pleasure of watching, she embodies the much-overused term 'warrior' better than anyone.

i think she is an awful person but if you think about how often there are melt downs in the women's game, she has been amazing in that aspect ie: mental strength.

Serena is comfortably the best female tennis player ever and I’d be happy for her to get the record, and she deserves it, but seems unlikely now. It’s getting to be awhile now since she won a slam and she’s a fair way behind Osaka and a few others if they bring their best.( Halep didn’t)
Anyway, still glad Osaka won today. She is terrific.
Nah

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne

ggt4

Draftee
Feb 14, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Osaka: Super player, very modest and a good sport.

Serena: Champion player, arrogant and entitled and a lousy sport, although she’s not as bad as she used to be.
Used to be?
Used to be as in what? 2009 when she threatened to shove a ball down a lineswoman's throat?
As recently as the 2018 US Open she was throwing a fit because the umpire gave her a coaching violation and laughably accused him of being a racist. She worded it along the lines of "You're penalizing me on MY COURT?!"
Barely offered any congratulations to Osaka, who absolutely obliterated her in front of her idiotic American crowd.

Serena Williams was, and still is a disgraceful sportsman.

ggt4

Draftee
Feb 14, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd say that's the last we'll see of her is Aus.

Great player but I've never felt the same about her since the time she threatened to kill a lines woman.
Not a chance unless she wins two slams this year. She will play until she's 50 if it means getting the record.

Back