NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie had to go. Too many insensitive comments. Lacked awareness about sensitive topics - whether racist or not. Sad to see the whole saga bring out opportunists and individuals like Lumumba, who are desperate for attention, and would be better served checking into their nearest mental health facility than getting air play.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eddie's comment about King Kong and Goodes was a tell for me he was a racist.

That was 8 years ago and I still don't know where he was going with it.

Darcy: What a great promo that is for King Kong.
McGuire: Get Adam Goodes down for it do you reckon?
Darcy: No I wouldn't have thought so, absolutely not.
McGuire: You can see them doing that can't you?
Darcy: Who?
McGuire: Goodsey.
Darcy: What's that?
McGuire: You know with the ape thing, the whole thing, I'm just saying the pumping him up and mucking around and all that sort of stuff.

I've heard 'racist' jokes (whether actually racist or not) much worse, but I don't think I've heard anything wrap up racism, stupidity and lack of self awareness together quite like that.

If some other radio boofhead made that joke you'd probably react like Luke Darcy. But when someone actually involved in the incident does it. FMD.

I don't know how some can be 100% one way or the other on this; I feel both sides have a tinge of underlying crazy, the same flavour of crazy that all women that own a horse have.

With key players Eddie and Heritier, and Sam interposing on the side, feels like I'm watching Kyrgios play Tomic while sitting next to Damir Dokic...hoping for a lengthy nil-all draw eventually stopped by injury before the guy next to me starts swinging and gets carried out.

eddie's defence of this (for the upteenth time) on Sam Newman's podcast was just pure bullshit. he legitimately started waffling on about "bert newton in the old days used to come out wearing a jumper", that was literally his defence. every "apology" you hear from him is pure waffle - he just purposely deflects from apologising because he isn't sorry, he is a racist like the man in charge before him, at a club proud of what it is. he rambles about something absurd like bert newton wearing a jumper, then says a bunch of aussie-isms like "yeah ah yeah nah you know how it is" and stupid boomers who can't think for themselves think it must be smart because they're too dumb to follow what he's really doing, being a cunning racist deceiver.

That was 8 years ago and I still don't know where he was going with it.

Darcy: What a great promo that is for King Kong.
McGuire: Get Adam Goodes down for it do you reckon?
Darcy: No I wouldn't have thought so, absolutely not.
McGuire: You can see them doing that can't you?
Darcy: Who?
McGuire: Goodsey.
Darcy: What's that?
McGuire: You know with the ape thing, the whole thing, I'm just saying the pumping him up and mucking around and all that sort of stuff.

I've heard 'racist' jokes (whether actually racist or not) much worse, but I don't think I've heard anything wrap up racism, stupidity and lack of self awareness together quite like that.

If some other radio boofhead made that joke you'd probably react like Luke Darcy. But when someone actually involved in the incident does it. FMD.
The genius of Ed Mcguire.

Long live the Dingbat.

I don't know how some can be 100% one way or the other on this; I feel both sides have a tinge of underlying crazy, the same flavour of crazy that all women that own a horse have.

With key players Eddie and Heritier, and Sam interposing on the side, feels like I'm watching Kyrgios play Tomic while sitting next to Damir Dokic...hoping for a lengthy nil-all draw eventually stopped by injury before the guy next to me starts swinging and gets carried out.
A nil all draw in tennis?
That'd be a sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back