Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Those on the right that still want to fight the culture wars, thinking they are a chance to win them make me think of those Japanese soldiers they found on islands in the Pacific years after the war who didn't believe it was over and they'd lost.
Further off topic but I thought of those Japanese soldiers in exactly this regard a few days ago when a female contestant’s girlfriend was casually introduced on Holey Moley. That sad little battle of the culture war is clearly over, thank *.

Melbourne City Council has just announced all Moomba activities cancelled. Parade, carnival, water skiing, birdman rally etc etc.

Good, scab festival, may it rot in hell.

They’re so insular they’ll go out and find these three and think they’ve hit the relatable jackpot, while laughing at how uncouth they are behind their backs.
wondering why it all fell apart before the election.
1509334154632_giphy.gif

On which, wildly off topic, I'm reading Boy On Fire, the Nick Cave early years biog.

Gina Riley was with Tracey Pew of The Boys Next Door and The Birthday Party way back in the day.

She would have been GREAT FUN I reckon, back in that late 70s drug*ed Melbourne scene.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Melbourne City Council has just announced all Moomba activities cancelled. Parade, carnival, water skiing, birdman rally etc etc.

Just think of all the wonderful crap they can spend that money on now.

7 new colored rubbish bins for all M.C.C. ratepayers!

Was trying to politically correctly put into play that Moomba is a Koori word and suggest that the folk amongst us claiming all sorts of wrongs, rightly or wrongly, would be offended in some way, but I gave up with a shiver of apathy. Besides, a search engine tells me it means "up your bum", so I guess we've all been told where Moomba can go. Or something. Idk and idc.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Was trying to politically correctly put into play that Moomba is a Koori word and suggest that the folk amongst us claiming all sorts of wrongs, rightly or wrongly, would be offended in some way, but I gave up with a shiver of apathy. Besides, a search engine tells me it means "up your bum", so I guess we've all been told where Moomba can go. Or something. Idk and idc.

There's a potential racist homophobic PhD and career in The Greens on offer here.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On which, wildly off topic, I'm reading Boy On Fire, the Nick Cave early years biog.

Gina Riley was with Tracey Pew of The Boys Next Door and The Birthday Party way back in the day.

She would have been GREAT FUN I reckon, back in that late 70s drugfu**ed Melbourne scene.
Well there you go..
I strangely thought she was younger then that.

It is a scab festival started by the council and businesses to try and dilute the Labour Day weekend and stop working people organising and celebrating their achievements.

Well there you go..
I strangely thought she was younger then that.

Good genes as they say. Her daughter Maggie is a musical actressy type too.

The old cliche goes that if you fancy a girl, look at her Mum to see what she'll be like when you're old and married. Reverse engineering that logic, I can see why Tracey Pew was attracted to the stunningly good looking ultra smart funny young Gina Riley.

1613636250427.png

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good genes as they say. Her daughter Maggie is a musical actressy type too.

The old cliche goes that if you fancy a girl, look at her Mum to see what she'll be like when you're old and married. Reverse engineering that logic, I can see why Tracey Pew was attracted to the stunningly good looking ultra smart funny young Gina Riley.

View attachment 1060666
Hahahaha It looks like Ginas having a flashback in that photo..

There's a potential racist homophobic PhD and career in The Greens on offer here.
Oh yeah, I forgot about them when searching political party memberships last night 🙃

It is a scab festival started by the council and businesses to try and dilute the Labour Day weekend and stop working people organising and celebrating their achievements.
Really? Well it was fun when I was a kid :) Remember when the parade used to be on different channels .... if you missed a float you could flip to the other side and hope to catch it. The birdman rally was something to behold ... aahhhh the good old days :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Well it was fun when I was a kid :) Remember when the parade used to be on different channels .... if you missed a float you could flip to the other side and hope to catch it. The birdman rally was something to behold ... aahhhh the good old days :)

Indeed, they buy us off as children with trinkets and sweets to make us forget what the weekend is actually about

Oh yeah, I forgot about them when searching political party memberships last night 🙃
Oh way too hard. Different price structures for each State and Territory. First Nations folk get a freebie in the ACT, but are called Blak (sic) Greens, most other States offer the same without the "Blak". WA doesn't specify so I reckon the Koori folk so inclined could just snag a regular membership. No mention of polo shirts or lanyards, but they do have a shop with a greater range than the ALP.

Indeed, they buy us off as children with trinkets and sweets to make us forget what the weekend is actually about
Does that make old Frankie Penhalurac or whatever his name was the devil?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Still being a medical procedure, no jab, no job what are people’s thoughts on this?

I'm conflicted about this.

Her profession probably requires the vaccination, but I also acknowledge her personal right not to have it.

If you don't have a right to stop someone putting something in your body, then there may as well be no personal rights at all.

Of course, the "statists" would disagree.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm conflicted about this.

Her profession probably requires the vaccination, but I also acknowledge her personal right not to have it.

If you don't have a right to stop someone putting something in your body, then there may as well be no personal rights at all.

Of course, the "statists" would disagree.
Herd immunity will be reached without 100% compliance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back