AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Still don't know what Eddie did wrong

IMG_4067.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you think it was a good thing to state that the leaking of a report showing systemic racism at Collingwood was “a proud day for the club”?

Feb 2, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

6 hours later, then backtracks a little. Wonder if anyone called some lawyers in

Harry RALPH O’Brien? I don’t think so.

Lumumba says his full name is "Heritier Desebelles Luzabee Lumumba" @1:45 in this video.

I don’t like Maxwell, but his wife named their dog “Ralph” and he’s getting put on blast as a racist on social media? Good god.

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets

A good suggestion would be to go back to page 1 of the thread and read through it. It’s not one thing, it’s a culmination of a poor culture that has allowed to fester for years and years. If the president of a football club can espouse racism, misogyny and bigotry why would anyone else in the club not tow a line a leader holds. When there a dissenters in any organisation, sometimes they are perceived as troublemakers, but maybe these people can see something the rest of us can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood

He did nothing wrong. Well last I checked, poor timing or poor choice of words isn't a crime.
These days it's a hypersensitive echo chamber of mob mentality. It's always existed in society but it's just louder these days cause anyone dolt has access to the internet and a keyboard as a platform.

Most people I'd wager, outside the media and social media couldn't give a s**t. Just like I couldn't give a s**t if this post gets a response lol

Poorly chosen word, i'd imagine he was referring to the fact that the club was finally righting a wrong.

Of course everyone with an agenda to push did just that
I imagine that is what he meant.

However what was the aim? To try to spin it to make it a positive for the club. When it so obviously was no such thing.

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I imagine that is what he meant.

However what was the aim? To try to spin it to make it a positive for the club. When it so obviously was no such thing.
Of course he was putting a positive spin on it, remember he commissioned the report, a report no other club had the balls to do, he wasn't saying he was proud of the outcome, just proud we did it so we can do something about it.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

But McNamara backtracked on a false claim that Maxwell had named his dog after Lumumba because it was black. The claim came as a surprise to the Maxwell family as the dog’s name is Ralph and was named by Maxwell’s wife Erin.

Sources said the 2010 premiership skipper, who works at Collingwood, is seeking legal advice on McNamara’s allegations.

Of course he was putting a positive spin on it, remember he commissioned the report, a report no other club had the balls to do, he wasn't saying he was proud of the outcome, just proud we did it so we can do something about it.
I think that is a very charitable view of it.

Eddie's gone, some posters need to let it go. Was best for the club.
There's no harm in talking about it.

And just forgetting about it will mean we are back here in a year, 5 years, whenever, with more revelations of s**t behaviour.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The contents of the report matters most, except to Eddie.

Back