Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Reckon the purple looks a bit too light and the Chevrons look curvy. Kind of reminds me of the sort of kit you would buy for 400000 Rupiah on the strip in Legian and think you made off like a bandit (when in fact, the bandit has your hard earned Rupiah).

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Not sure there's much difference tbh:

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 13.39.40.png

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 13.40.01.png

The purple is less 'shiny and close to dark blue' and more the actual brand colour:

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 13.41.47.png

Lighting and flashes etc tokeep in mind though.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Agree on the Legian strip thing. Purple is oookkaayyy... better than when they were so close to navy that you couldn’t tell if it was actually purple or not. But so much like the kiddies’ kits they sell at the Freo markets with all the rip-off hats and $10 scarves from sporting codes all over.
It needed to be a couple of shades darker. The Chevrons look like the Freo Markets ones too.

TL;DR. It looks like a cheap knock-off of the ISC ones.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
TL;DR. It looks like a cheap knock-off of the ISC ones.
I couldn't care less what they look like, as long as they're being worn at the 'G in late September - that's all that matters.

Reckon the purple looks a bit too light and the Chevrons look curvy. Kind of reminds me of the sort of kit you would buy for 400000 Rupiah on the strip in Legian and think you made off like a bandit (when in fact, the bandit has your hard earned Rupiah).
Buy me one and I'll give you an honest appraisal.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t mind the look of the light blue with purple on the training shirts and think it’s something that they should explore further - maybe a marine or aqua blue with some purple to link with Fremantle’s nautical image.

Jul 20, 2018
100% yes. Thread title might be a tad provocative and may show a just a small amount of bias , but the discussion is most worthy.

Didn’t we have this exact conversation in the change of apparel supplier thread?

given the amount of regular posters on the FFC page, I guess we need new threads to keep up the interactions

Anyway - back on topic - the jersey is fine to me. I’ll wait until game days and pass better judgement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sekem are the 2nd worst supplier now.

West Coast appear to have the worst, which surprises me. I thought Castore would have some real elite kit, it's even worse than Sekem.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didn’t we have this exact conversation in the change of apparel supplier thread?

given the amount of regular posters on the FFC page, I guess we need new threads to keep up the interactions

Anyway - back on topic - the jersey is fine to me. I’ll wait until game days and pass better judgement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but did we know what they looked like then? Tbh I never followed that thread. I opened this one because I though the title was amusing, and I kind of agreed with what the OP said, so I jumped in. My bad if it’s all been said before. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Sekem are the 2nd worst supplier now.

West Coast appear to have the worst, which surprises me. I thought Castore would have some real elite kit, it's even worse than Sekem.

Interesting video comparing the ISC top (Shuey still has last years jumper on) and this years Sekem. Could this effect a players to break tackles? There seems to be way too much give in the Sekem.

Fyfey doesn't seem impressed.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Biggest issue for me is that the fit is significantly different to ISC and it seems that they have given the players the same size as last years ISC gear. ISC is notorious for being smaller than most in a true fit comparison.

Part of that is on the club for not getting the sizing correct (IMO) but there should be some leeway given considering the turnaround time from ISC parachuting out of pro-teams to preserve their business.

I reckon if Fyfe goes a size down it is less noticeable as it is already stretched over his impeccable rig.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Biggest issue for me is that the fit is significantly different to ISC and it seems that they have given the players the same size as last years ISC gear. ISC is notorious for being smaller than most in a true fit comparison.

Part of that is on the club for not getting the sizing correct (IMO) but there should be some leeway given considering the turnaround time from ISC parachuting out of pro-teams to preserve their business.

I reckon if Fyfe goes a size down it is less noticeable as it is already stretched over his impeccable rig.
Michael Barlow does not like.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Interesting video comparing the ISC top (Shuey still has last years jumper on) and this years Sekem. Could this effect a players to break tackles? There seems to be way too much give in the Sekem.

Fyfey doesn't seem impressed.

The reverse could be that jumper holds in marking contests will be more noticeable.

Back