NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The contents of the report matters most, except to Eddie.
A report we didn't even have time to read and digest? Did you think he was going to have an in depth reply with a fully detailed response? He was proud we sanctioned the report, nothing more.

The report (BTW) was a steaming pile of s**t as anyone with a functioning brain knows, WTF does Nicky Winmar have to do with Collingwood 2020? We already paid the price for that.

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm surprised no one has acussed Collingwood of making up Mark Williams nicname, we did make him captain for 4years, how many other clubs have had an indigenous captain? That was left out of the report.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you think it was a good thing to state that the leaking of a report showing systemic racism at Collingwood was “a proud day for the club”?

i’m in the camp that Eddie stayed too long as President. Good corporate governance suggests he should have passed the baton 10 years ago.

However, I do think the ‘proud’ comment was obviously the wrong word to use because he didn’t actually explain why it was a proud day. I believe he was ‘proud’ of not the racism, but the fact that a report was commissioned and that the recommendations to create a better environment were going to be put into force.

And I believe there is confusion on the term ‘systemic racism’. It was made clear by the authors that ‘systemic’ was regarding not having a proper policy/process in dealing with situations where those felt uncomfortable in the workplace. Basically appropriate workplace behaviour which most, if not all, organisations have had in place for probably 15-20 years. I suspect Collingwood isn’t the only club in the country that doesn’t have a well documented policy (which is enforced) and staff provided ongoing training on this issue. It’s staggering to be honest and I’m sure a wake up call for clubs around the country.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm surprised no one has acussed Collingwood of making up Mark Williams nicname, we did make him captain for 4years, how many other clubs have had an indigenous captain? That was left out of the report.

Williams got the nickname from his obsession with eating lollies didn’t he?

The choco lollies..

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
They knew what he was trying to say but the haters will twist it into a racist slur to suit there person agenda like on here. He didn't stick to the script and stuffed the wording up but its time for him to go and enjoy lifewith his family instead of working 24/7.
Perfect ammunition for people like Chief to tee off without teeing off, just snippet quote others and refuse to answer anyone who quotes him, i sure hope he doesn't have a spiked picket fence.

Why would you even bother participating in a thread you have no opinion of?

scottyt2

Senior List
Aug 21, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So this no name Mcnamara is worthy of a write up on the afl website yet Dayne Beams defending eddie doesn't get a mention...biased crap

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair to Shae he wasn't hopeless, he did show promise in the few games i watched him play, iirc he played a pre season game in the ones and did ok, pretty sure Hawthorn were close to throwing him a life line after we delisted him.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So Chief, do you think Eddie is racist? I have answered your questions.

Yes or no.

0% chance you get a yes/no response with meaningful reasons backing it up.

Apparently Collingwood isnt allowed to be proud about listening to their critics and agreeing to changing their ways. Because that is racist.

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
I imagine that is what he meant.

However what was the aim? To try to spin it to make it a positive for the club. When it so obviously was no such thing.

I think you're spot on and i agree with you.

But the moral outrage that took place afterwards was way over the top and typical of how the far left conducts their trial by media. I don't like the bloke, I think he's as sleazy as they come but the whole situation is ridiculous.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I think you're spot on and i agree with you.

But the moral outrage that took place afterwards was way over the top and typical of how the far left conducts their trial by media. I don't like the bloke, I think he's as sleazy as they come but the whole situation is ridiculous.

LENIN.jpeg

Back