2021 Lions Off-season

Club interview with Grant Birchall for anyone interested in reading/listening.

Last edited:
I shudder to think how much we paid a marketing team to come up with "I am lion"
Hate it. Just comes off so fake and tacky.

When you see things like "I'll be saying I Am Lion for years to come", it doesn't even sound close to something a player would say. You can't even picture it. Every article or post that pretends to be from a player that starts like that just comes off as completely phony.

It's like someone watched The 300 for the first time and decided that "This is Sparta" was really edgey and tried to turn it into a jarringly bad catchcry.

Brings Hugh up to free agency the next time he’s out of contract.

I think quite a few who benefited from Hodge's move to the lions will follow in his footsteps.

I seem to remember a few talking of possible coaching post playing.

Andrews is one and starting as a player/leader/coach in a different playing group is probably a great springboard.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting to hear Birchall say that he has shed a couple of kilos for this season because I noted earlier that some of the guys seemed to be a bit trimmer.

Impossible to tell from the vids of training I guess but McStay and Ah Chee were two who I thought were noticeably lighter.

Interesting to hear Birchall say that he has shed a couple of kilos for this season because I noted earlier that some of the guys seemed to be a bit trimmer.

Impossible to tell from the vids of training I guess but McStay and Ah Chee were two who I thought were noticeably lighter.
Ely and Adams also looking much leaner this year.
Back to longer game time, less rotations. A strong need to be fitter to run out games.

p4p1

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ely and Adams also looking much leaner this year.
Back to longer game time, less rotations. A strong need to be fitter to run out games.
Could also be a sign of different roles for both as well.

Well great, this isn't good news then to start off the regular season I say :huh:

At least we have pretty good depth I suppose ;)

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I shudder to think how much we paid a marketing team to come up with "I am lion"

Not sure if it was an official slogan, but my fav was ‘Time to Roar like 44’. Had that sticker on the back of mums car for years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back