Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lions dynasty - main talent drafted topped up with what was most needed
Cats dynasty - main talent drafted topped up with what was most needed
Hawks dynasty - main talent drafted topped up with what was most needed
Tigers dynasty - main talent drafted won a flag got more talent.
1. They only had to pay lynch enough for band 1 compo and suns wouldn’t match because it was pick 2 or 3 can’t remember.(will Carlton not match if Cripps is happy to take less to be back in WA? NO
2. The rest of the main talent wasn’t going anywhere and happy to take cuts because they already won a flag before lynch got there and wanted to win more.
3.lynch is an anomaly how many flags did buddy, danger, Deledio, griffen win at their new club?
Not as many as their old club won after they left.
If Cripps was an all Australian fwd or there was no salary cap we would be all over him like a cheap suit but that’s not to be.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
If he nominated Freo you would move heaven and earth to sign him.
You simply dont get it do you.

Freo moved Heaven and Earth to get guys like Harley Bennell and Jesse Hogan. How did that turn out?

North would need a player like Cripps on their side.

Hilarious reading Freo fans suggest they wouldn’t bother trying to trade for a top 5 player.
Carlton will want decent compo, even though he is a free Agent. they will demand a couple of 1st rounders.

Again, trying to apply some potential scenarios about potential player losses is ridiculous.

Cripps instantly makes you a better team and He’s a superstar. The myth about other players being pushed out is just that

Did recruiting Lynch cost the tigers anyone? How about Buddy for the Swans? Danger for the Cats? Bringing in stars will entice players to stay,
Not leave

the only ones who would leave would be fringe players who can’t get a game
Ok..... Go compare the situations of Lynch, Buddy and Dangerfield compared to Cripps.

Lynch didnt cost the Tigers anything as they handed Lynch a 5 year deal and Gold coast suns were compensated with a top 5 pick.

Buddy Franklin situation was different. Hawks got a compo pick 19 which was a joke and a Farce. that was only Because the hawks won the flag.

As for the Dangerfield situation. Cats got him remarkably cheap. Crows got picks 10, 28 and Dean Gore for him. Yet Tim Kelly was traded to west coast for a couple of 1st rounders and an early 2nd rounder and Dangerfield is a much better player than Tim Kelly.

Cripps would be our equal best player. Let me say it again, Cripps is a great elite player.

Fyfe and Cripps are inside monsters are on the same level of game.

Both are not great from the spread and you would get hurt defensively.

Image getting the two best wicket keepers in the world or you get the two best soccer strikers or two best point guards etc.

All those examples would be a waste of resources.

Too many inside midfielders isn’t a great thing.

The upgrade isn’t worth the great cost.
Can’t agree that it wouldn’t be worth it. Fyfe for one will be 30 by the end of this season. If Fremantle are planning for this young group to rise up and be potential contenders over the next 5-8 years then you’ll have to ask how much influence will Fyfe have getting older. Getting in a star like Cripps will certainly Fremantle contend over longer than what Fyfe will.

I didn’t watch too many Fremantle games last season so correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Fyfe play a lot more in the forward line. If so Fyfe and Cripps don’t always have to be in the same midfield all the time. They would be a nightmare in the midfield together for any opponent but both players have great marking ability that can go forward and expose opposition defences while always leaving an elite midfielder in the midfield.

Attracting elite talent is hard, yes getting an elite key forward for example might me better for Fremantle than an elite inside mid but if only an elite inside mid is available then you don’t knock that chance back

Lions dynasty - main talent drafted topped up with what was most needed
Cats dynasty - main talent drafted topped up with what was most needed
Hawks dynasty - main talent drafted topped up with what was most needed
Tigers dynasty - main talent drafted won a flag got more talent.
1. They only had to pay lynch enough for band 1 compo and suns wouldn’t match because it was pick 2 or 3 can’t remember.(will Carlton not match if Cripps is happy to take less to be back in WA? NO
2. The rest of the main talent wasn’t going anywhere and happy to take cuts because they already won a flag before lynch got there and wanted to win more.
3.lynch is an anomaly how many flags did buddy, danger, Deledio, griffen win at their new club?
Not as many as their old club won after they left.
If Cripps was an all Australian fwd or there was no salary cap we would be all over him like a cheap suit but that’s not to be.
All those dynasty’s had elite players

Voss, Akermanis, Black, Brown.

Selwood, Bartell, Johnson, Scarlet

Hodge, Mitchell, Roughead, Rioli.

Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Grimes.

if you don’t have elite talent then you can’t top up. You need the elite talent

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades

Cripps, Walsh, Williams, Docherty, Saad, McKay, Weitering - premiership side right there ;) (especially if Curnow can get fit)

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

Fyfe serong brayshaw cerra are elite talent whether the latter 3 fulfil that talent we wait and see.
Do you think all the players you’ve mentioned had flags bnfs AA from their first game?
Acker had no individual accolades playing in a wooden spoon team after 3 years, was he elite then?

Fyfe serong brayshaw cerra are elite talent whether the latter 3 fulfil that talent we wait and see.
Do you think all the players you’ve mentioned had flags bnfs AA from their first game?
Acker had no individual accolades playing in a wooden spoon team after 3 years, was he elite then?
Well that’s your opinion on those players talents level, you just said wait and see if those players fulfil their talent.

reality is every team and their fans believe their young players are going to turn into the next dynasty. Most likely those young player won’t end up as the next Brisbane Lions.

100% Know Paddy Cripps is a star of the comp, or you could wait and see if Andy Brayshaw is the next Aker or not

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Hilarious reading Freo fans suggest they wouldn’t bother trying to trade for a top 5 player.

Possibly legit - remember Freo supporters know the brutal reality of having a brilliant list and dud forward line.
Right now they are not lacking in the midfield, the future is bright. And now their backline is looking good (albeit injury prone) I don't think they are keen to sell the farm in this instance.

Dogs this season will be interesting to watch. They have arguably the strongest midfield feeding into a very average forwardline.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well that’s your opinion on those players talents level, you just said wait and see if those players fulfil their talent.

reality is every team and their fans believe their young players are going to turn into the next dynasty. Most likely those young player won’t end up as the next Brisbane Lions.

100% Know Paddy Cripps is a star of the comp, or you could wait and see if Andy Brayshaw is the next Aker or not
Like I’ve said I back our guys in.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Possibly legit - remember Freo supporters know the brutal reality of having a brilliant list and dud forward line.
Right now they are not lacking in the midfield, the future is bright. And now their backline is looking good (albeit injury prone) I don't think they are keen to sell the farm in this instance.

Dogs this season will be interesting to watch. They have arguably the strongest midfield feeding into a very average forwardline.
A combination of elite/very good midfield and defence is enough to win a flag if you at least have an average forward line. The problem that both the Dogs and Freo experience is that our forward line are not even average - they're poor. Both have some very promising pieces, but they're not even close to resembling a functioning unit.

It's for that reason that I don't feel Cripps would improve Fremantle enough to justify the cost to their long term (i.e. losing such valuable draft picks and cap space). Ideally, Hogan would've worked out and it could potentially have propelled them right into finals contention.

calman

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2008
ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton

West coast won a flag in 2006 with that combo with judd, cousins and kerr, embley pumping it forward

are not exactly names you think off when considering great grand finals forwards
7 out of 12 goals did not come from this group on the day

Like I’ve said I back our guys in.
I know, every clubs supporters do that. Like I said every clubs supporters think their young talent is the next dynasty, reality most likely won’t happen

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Has he re signed yet?
I mean, wouldn’t he want too because a number of up and comers are going to be commanding serious wage increases. A captain pursuing finals could lead from the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, with the B&F done and dusted, if he was intending to re-sign, I’m not sure what the hold up is.

Hopefully for Blues fans it’s announced before round one. Will give the club a nice little bump knowing their captain has re-committed.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Cripps, Walsh, Williams, Docherty, Saad, McKay, Weitering - premiership side right there ;) (especially if Curnow can get fit)

7 players - half of which are over 25 and how many AA's to their names collectively?
In what world is this group anywhere close to the groups that have been part of dynasties.
Not to mention you've got 2 midfielders, 3 half back flankers (1 trying to play midfield), 1 key forward and 1 key back. Not sure that Carlton will be winning premierships if that's your mix of your best players. Plus the only one who has ever had a top 10 in comp calibre season is Cripps and he just came off a relatively ordinary season.

Its not a bad list of players but its not exactly putting fear into the hearts of opposition.
Frankly you could list out all the Bulldogs midfielders and it would look more intimidating on paper.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
7 players - half of which are over 25 and how many AA's to their names collectively?
In what world is this group anywhere close to the groups that have been part of dynasties.
Not to mention you've got 2 midfielders, 3 half back flankers (1 trying to play midfield), 1 key forward and 1 key back. Not sure that Carlton will be winning premierships if that's your mix of your best players. Plus the only one who has ever had a top 10 in comp calibre season is Cripps and he just came off a relatively ordinary season.

Its not a bad list of players but its not exactly putting fear into the hearts of opposition.
Frankly you could list out all the Bulldogs midfielders and it would look more intimidating on paper.
Seems a bit rich coming from an Essendon supporter...

Anyway, pretty obvious someone didn't catch the sarcasm in my post 🤦‍♂️

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Cripps were to nominate Freo @ 800k for 5 years as a RFA and Carlton matched (which they would) and Carlton then used the Cripps money to make Cerra who is out of contract nominate Carlton what would the other pieces be?

Cerra + 2021 R1 pick + 2022 R1 Pick?

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
If Cripps were to nominate Freo @ 800k for 5 years as a RFA and Carlton matched (which they would) and Carlton then used the Cripps money to make Cerra who is out of contract nominate Carlton what would the other pieces be?

I’d personally rather Serong over Cerra.

But I would be very satisfied with a return of Cerra+ R1+R1.

It’s probably slightly overs though depending on where you finish.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

I hope your fishing
You caught me!
Jeremy Cameron(27 Coleman medallist dual AA) and two future seconds were traded for
13(pushed to 15)
15(pushed to 18)
20(can’t find where that went)
Everyone has us out the 8 for 2021
Top 10 pick
Make the 8 in 2022 pick 13
The two future seconds cancel out pick 20 that blew out to something.
Which means Cripps is worth Cameron cerra and an upgrade of picks?
The only time we would be winning was if we were trying to beat our hogan for 6 or mccleod for groom trades for worst trade ever.
Cez is staying take it to the bank!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I hope your fishing
You caught me!
Jeremy Cameron(27 Coleman medallist dual AA) and two future seconds were traded for
13(pushed to 15)
15(pushed to 18)
20(can’t find where that went)
Everyone has us out the 8 for 2021
Top 10 pick
Make the 8 in 2022 pick 13
The two future seconds cancel out pick 20 that blew out to something.
Which means Cripps is worth Cameron cerra and an upgrade of picks?
The only time we would be winning was if we were trying to beat our hogan for 6 or mccleod for groom trades for worst trade ever.
Cez is staying take it to the bank!
Brownlows and Premierships aside, Cripps is a top 5 players in the league, and possibly even top 3 when taking away the fact he was playing injured throughout the entirety of last year.

According to reports he has put on 5kg of muscle, is back to full training, and lighting the house on fire during match sims. I am very confident he will return to his amazing 2016-19 form.

Even as a 27 year old in 2 years time, he will be worth two top-5 picks. If you think otherwise, what would you value a Neale, Dangerfield, Martin or Fyfe at? (who by the way are all several years older than Cripps)

Back