News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With no assets.

Majority of our debt is redeveloping Moorabbin.
We don't own Moorabbin its a lease

What are our assets

We don't own Moorabbin its a lease

What are our assets
You know what I'm getting at. Our debt is there mostly because of the redevelopment. Having a facility like that with the Frawley centre coming along is going to keep us in Vic for decades. We aren't rebuilding and growing Moorabbin to then pack up and leave. If we had no debt but stayed in Frankston or the old Moorabbin then I'd be much more concerned.

Co-Captain Jack Steele on SportsDay

You know what I'm getting at. Our debt is there mostly because of the redevelopment. Having a facility like that with the Frawley centre coming along is going to keep us in Vic for decades. We aren't rebuilding and growing Moorabbin to then pack up and leave. If we had no debt but stayed in Frankston or the old Moorabbin then I'd be much more concerned.

Going nowhere George , never been more confident.
The debt could be paid in heartbeat with back room people we have , the simple question is why do it
when there is no incentive , looked at extension plans absolutely fantastic.

We aren’t the club of a decade ago...get down to the ground a bit more often ,talk to the people in charge
you don’t attract the personnel we have with luck , best administration in the history of the club .

Tassie should get their own team...call them the Tasmanian Pademelons...Tassie Devils whatever they like but please God it will never be the Tassie SAINTS even though when you add Saints to any location it sounds brilliant. I can understand them baulking at the Tassie Kangaroos but the Tassie Hawks sounds ok. Just so long as we never even get to thinking about it. Moorabbin has finally come of age...s**t its almost Brighton ..well East Hampton anyway...we are really well located by todays standards in the sense of our vast urban sprawl. Buggar Tasmania ...nice place to visit (one game a year).....maybe even two but it would be the place to die with any more of a comitment than that IMO.

The debt could be paid in heartbeat with back room people we have , the simple question is why do it

We aren’t the club of a decade ago...get down to the ground a bit more often ,talk to the people in charge
you don’t attract the personnel we have with luck , best administration in the history of the club .
100% mate!

issues the AFL has is they would like North to move, but its in the North club constitution that they cannot move and changing the constitution i believe will require a member vote, of which none of them will vote for it. especially when they are debt free.

the AFL is not going to mess with a club's financial situation to carry debt for relocation. they're about trying to claw back the loss they posted last year, clawing back the assets they had to flog off to minimise the loss and also ensuring they can navigate to post covid.

they've made their plight worse when they negotiated richmond out of richmond (they were all but a done deal inplace of north to play games there) in favor of North to sure up their financials.

now that North are sorted they won't move.

so it's catch 22 for the AFL. they've essentially been snookered by North and now the Tassie government.

the Tassie government knows they have the AFL by the balls and they need that money feeding into the comp, so they will withdraw it and put pressure on the AFL to deliver another side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh and btw any talk of relocating a melbourne side or even a QLD side to Tassie is absolute madness. you'd be taking on a loss with lesser projections for growth.

you'd immediately cut any support in the relocated club by 2/3 and struggle to find the replacement numbers of even a 1/3 in tassie, with very little population growth to support growth into the future.

also worth noting football participation in QLD is higher than SA and Tas combined so talk of GC going to Tassie aint gonna happen, especially when you consider the facilities they have (much like us).

the real aim should be to grow the competition by 2 more sides, 1 side in tassie and extra side in WA to diversify the banking WCE is doing at the WAFC and grass roots footy's expense. you increase your sponsorship footprint, diversify the talent pathway and also increase the viewership/rights across all mediums.

If we had no debt we wouldn’t have to sell our arse to head quarters like we do with games in China and tassie. Only one reason we are still going and that is the money the AFL has pumped into us

If we had no debt we wouldn’t have to sell our arse to head quarters like we do with games in China and tassie. Only one reason we are still going and that is the money the AFL has pumped into us

Mate we are all entitled to different opinions respect what you are saying more interested in looking
at profit & loss going forward from my viewpoint , we are only early days into a far better ground deal ( Marvel )
we are pumping significant coin into infrastructure , if we can convert supporters into members as is the
direction the joint will be the better for it.

If we were talking the Old Moorabbin would 100% agree we were on the road to nowhere

if we can convert supporters into members as is the
This 100% we can be a 60 to 65 K member club in two - three years if we get things right

Mate we are all entitled to different opinions respect what you are saying more interested in looking
at profit & loss going forward from my viewpoint , we are only early days into a far better ground deal ( Marvel )
we are pumping significant coin into infrastructure , if we can convert supporters into members as is the

If we were talking the Old Moorabbin would 100% agree we were on the road to nowhere

Also Money is the cheapest it has ever been in my lifetime.
Don't know how many times we have to say this but debt is not the problem. Servicing it is the issue.
We got the training base, got the community on board, AFL commission is on board and when we get success our cash flow will go north.
Forget debt, one part of the Bal Sheet, forget the P&L, thats an accounting concept, cash flow is king to an accountant.
And if all else fails the AFL is there to fall back on.

Also Money is the cheapest it has ever been in my lifetime.
Don't know how many times we have to say this but debt is not the problem. Servicing it is the issue.
We got the training base, got the community on board, AFL commission is on board and when we get success our cash flow will go north.
Forget debt, one part of the Bal Sheet, forget the P&L, thats an accounting concept, cash flow is king to an accountant.
And if all else fails the AFL is there to fall back on.
Mate, you ever asked yourself the question why we don’t restructure the debt from current to non current?
After all, it is the current “bad” debt that Gil had the issue.
I would have thought that would be both obvious and very easy to do.
After all, we have the assets to act as security.
Would completely change the narrative, and is actually consistent in why the debt exists in the first place.
Perhaps a directive from the Death Star prevents us?

Mate, you ever asked yourself the question why we don’t restructure the debt from current to non current?
After all, it is the current “bad” debt that Gil had the issue.
I would have thought that would be both obvious and very easy to do.
After all, we have the assets to act as security.
Would completely change the narrative, and is actually consistent in why the debt exists in the first place.
Perhaps a directive from the Death Star prevents us?
Standards will dictate. Once the Asset is fully capitalised the debt will be classed as non current. Can't have 12 mill in capital debt as current.

Tassie should get their own team...call them the Tasmanian Pademelons...Tassie Devils whatever they like but please God it will never be the Tassie SAINTS even though when you add Saints to any location it sounds brilliant. I can understand them baulking at the Tassie Kangaroos but the Tassie Hawks sounds ok. Just so long as we never even get to thinking about it. Moorabbin has finally come of age...sh*t its almost Brighton ..well East Hampton anyway...we are really well located by todays standards in the sense of our vast urban sprawl. Buggar Tasmania ...nice place to visit (one game a year).....maybe even two but it would be the place to die with any more of a comitment than that IMO.

Well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back