Toast John Nicholls Medal 2020 - Congrats Jacob Weitering!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
IMG_8131.JPG

What an extraordinary young person with a level head (no tickets on himself)

Could easily make a case for Weiters being our next captain (as well as Walshy)

I honestly have a feeling now that contrary to public opinion/consensus, players who refuse to star in public/may seem introverts, may well seem to be ideal captaincy material

Our proud club is finally (at long last) in the right direction both on and off field.

Well deserved win and one of my favourite Blues.

Let’s go on with this Jacob and stick it up those AA selectors and make it impossible for them not to pick you this season.

#gun

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Well deserved win and one of my favourite Blues.

Let’s go on with this Jacob and stick it up those AA selectors and make it impossible for them not to pick you this season.

#gun
He got stuck with having to have an AA season before actually being named one last season, has happened so many times before

Is an absolute moral if his form holds up this year, he and Andrews are the best key backs in the comp and quite handily IMO...

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Congrats Weits !!! He is probably my fav Carlton player, with Cripps and Walsh closely behind. I just love his ability to shut down a player plus I always feel confident when he has ball in hand as he has some of the best skills in the side. Thought from the moment that we recruit him that he would be one of our best players, and he is starting to live up to those hopes.

There was much debate about if we should use a #1 pick on a KPD when we recruit him. The only other player (who wasn't linked to an Academy .....) which is in the same league as him from the 2015 draft IMO is Oliver, and he was a giant bolter at the time. I think we really killed the 2015 draft, with McKay and Curnow (injury permitting) forming an amazing group of KPP we can build a premiership team around. I even think Cunningham can develop into a good role playing player for us. There probably isn't a pick from that draft which I would do differently, even with hindsight.

Back