Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lel Ryan Daniels sounds like a Freo BF fan.

In all seriousness though, our list is looking so exciting for the next 5 years. Our midfield depth is next level. What a luxury to be able to play Fyfe, Mundy and Sonny forward while we have AB, Cerra, Serong, Tucker, Valente, Crowden, Acres, Noddy (eventually) et al running through the guts and our backline bats just as deep.

If Treacy comes on as reported, we’ve got a steal there.

Never been a more exciting time to be a Freo supporter.

In all seriousness though, our list is looking so exciting for the next 5 years. Our midfield depth is next level. What a luxury to be able to play Fyfe, Mundy and Sonny forward while we have AB, Cerra, Serong, Tucker, Valente, Crowden, Acres, Noddy (eventually) et al running through the guts and our backline bats just as deep.

It seems like the bad decisions of past of going with short term fixes with talented unprofessional players are a thing of the past.

Last year we had the youngest team with the second most injuries but still went 7-10.

Tracey, and Chapman seem like great pick ups.

Only Mundy and Hill seem to be likely to retire within 2 years, most likely 1 year. Who knows Mundy may go longer, if Tom Brady can win a Super Bowl at 43, why can’t Munday?

& Probably the best part of it all is I honestly believe we’ve got the right coach developing our young group.

Hope Cerra has a large deal in front of him.

Listening to Mitch's interview today I gotta take my hat off to him - he just strikes me as such a genuine club man. He plays for his mates and the common good, and commits himself entirely to what's asked of him.

I bloody love the fact we haven't just been drafting for talent, but for character as well. Can honestly say IMO I don't think there's a single player on the squad now that doesn't add something intangible to the club above and beyond their skill on the field ...and seriously - how many clubs, in how many sporting codes can honestly say that?

Exciting times. 😁😁😁😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that seen the match sim, to save me from going back through the multiple pages of posts can I get a thought on Walker, Western and Valente?
Walker and Valente didn’t play. Both injured, Valente a minor corkie I think, Walker recovering from a long term injury it seems?
Western was decent apparently and kicked a nice goal on the run

For those that seen the match sim, to save me from going back through the multiple pages of posts can I get a thought on Walker, Western and Valente?
Walker/Valente didn’t play, from a look at the highlights Western had a good crumb and then kicked for goal ~45m and it went through

Great posts, peeps - purple folks have class.

Journos: Duff and Rhino have different roles and styles. As West chief footy writer, Duffield needs a measured tone (especially as an acknowledged Freo supporter) and usually achieves it.

Ryan Daniels might support a Vic team for all I know but it doesn't matter, he's a natural reporter and a lively, spontaneous, gifted writer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back