Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
MFL has re-opened for 2021. All I did so far was re-activate league. I will do all the hard labor, like I do every year, over the next week or two....new schedule, transfer rosters, update all the salaries, etc etc. But for now here's the 2021 league link.

Is it too late to make cuts that will go on the 2020 salary cap?
Yes. Sorry.

But here's the thing....start of new off-season, like we just entered today....a bunch of your players will have ZERO year contracts. These guys you can elect to not re-sign, so there's no cap hit. You don't actually cut them. You will just elect to not re-sign them. But you will have all of MARCH AND APRIL to decide on.

Just give me a couple weeks to set up the whole league, it takes forever to get everything done so we're ready for the next stage of the season....the MARCH/APRIL period where everyone elects all their re-signings of ZERO year players and who their franchise tag players will be.

Yeah all good, I think I aready cut most of the guys I wanted to anyway. Was just checking if I still could as I haven't looked for a while so there's probably a few I missed. Looking forward to nabbing a few big FA's this off-season with a ton of cap space anyway!

Yeah all good, I think I aready cut most of the guys I wanted to anyway. Was just checking if I still could as I haven't looked for a while so there's probably a few I missed. Looking forward to nabbing a few big FA's this off-season with a ton of cap space anyway!
When I update all the new salaries. You will get a better indication of what your cap space is. Right now it's incorrect. But like I said, thru March and April you will need to scan your roster of all the ZERO year players, decide which ones are expendable, that you will not re-sign when I ask everyone near end of April....those you don't re-sign will clear up a ton of cap space for you.....because you will need cap space to engage in the Auction stage which is conducted straight after, during May and June....cos you use your cap space to make bids on FAs (players that people didn't re-sign or tag, as well as all the existing FAs).

Your roster now reflects the correct Cap Space, and new salaries for off-contract players (ZERO years).

Here's the spreadsheet for you to read to decide who you're gonna re-sign and franchise tag.

Scroll down to your TEAM OWNERS name, and look at the 2020 Salary column. All those on $500,000 in 2020 are off-contract rookies. All those on $1m+ in 2020 are off-contract vets. And the 2021 salary is what their salary will be in 2021 if you choose to re-sign them.

You have all March and April to decide...

- List the off-contract rookies you want to re-sign, and decide whether 1 or 2 years contract. No limit to how many off-contract rookies you can re-sign.
- List TWO off-contract vets you want to re-sign, and choose whether 2 or 3 years contract.
- List TWO off-contract vets you want to franchise tag and the draft round grade you elect their tag to carry....1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round....these draft round grades carry a $2m or $1m or $500k cap hit respectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookies:

James 2 years
Penny 2 years
Fuller 2 years
Crowder 2 years
Bass 2 years

Vets

Mariota 3 years
Elliott 2 years

Last edited:
Serious question, why do we have a six round draft if we can only re-sign 2 rookies?

Seems out of balance. But whatevs , no real skin off my nose this year. Will be a massive pain in the arse for people like drd23 and Helfarch who have more than quality 2 rookies coming off contract.

Serious question, why do we have a six round draft if we can only re-sign 2 rookies?

Seems out of balance. But whatevs , no real skin off my nose this year. Will be a massive pain in the arse for people like drd23 and Helfarch who have more than quality 2 rookies coming off contract.
You can re-sign unlimited number of off-contract rookies. It says that in the post.
It's just you can only re-sign max TWO off-contract vets and tag max TWO off-contract vets.

You have all March and April to decide...

- List the off-contract rookies you want to re-sign, and decide whether 1 or 2 years contract. No limit to how many off-contract rookies you can re-sign.

- List maximum TWO off-contract vets you want to re-sign, and choose whether 2 or 3 years contract.

- List maximum TWO off-contract vets you want to franchise tag and the draft round grade you elect their tag to carry....1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round....these draft round grades carry a $2m or $1m or $500k cap hit respectively.

- Any off-contract vet on $6m+ salary in 2020, if you elect to not re-sign or tag them, thus a UFA in the Auction stage, and they end up getting won in auction by another team, you will earn a 2nd round compensatory pick.

CURRENT CAP SPACE (includes as yet re-signed or not re-signed off-contract players)....

$39.8m Dagless
$27.6m Alldatpower
$27.3m Blacky
$22.7m GG.exe

$15.5m 00Stinger

$8.7m LennyHayes77
$8,5m Peterbuch74

$4.8m Arakaan
$3.8m Shiny_On_Top
$2.9m Beinpurplengreen

-$2.7m J Shuttlesworth
-$4.1m Helfarch