NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
i dont ever take 'lefty' as an insult anyway. being told you care about peoples feelings and treating everyone fairly isnt exactly an insult.
I'm the same, i reside on the left but not by much, IMO the far wings of either side are as nuttier as each other, the right is more dangerous though with the left being more annoying. IMO.

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well that we can agree on
This isn't a central debate though as it clearly falls further left, against a man who has spent his professional life trying to appease the left, did he stuff up more than once sure, but when almost every word he spoke has been infront of a microphone i would think the left would forgive him, isn't that what the left is all about? Or is the righf more forgiving?

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
This isn't a central debate though as it clearly falls further left, against a man who has spent his professional life trying to appease the left, did he stuff up more than once sure, but when almost every word he spoke has been infront of a microphone i would think the left would forgive him, isn't that what the left is all about? Or is the righf more forgiving?
Yeah, nah

Leon Davis has his say. Makes for grim reading.

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can someone legit tell me why it's now First Nations? What's the PC way of saying these days, I don't want to make a mistake

"
Nation definition, a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own
"

Really confused at the rewriting of history that goes on.

Can someone legit tell me why it's now First Nations? What's the PC way of saying these days, I don't want to make a mistake

"
Nation definition, a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own
"

I'd argue that recognising Indigenous history in Australia is correcting history rather than rewriting it.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

That’s really upsetting and articulated really well by Leon.
It’s manipulated through media that all First Nation people kick up stink with their hand out.
99% of first people just want an Australia where their children aren’t treated like they were.
The past is the past but we need a better future.
The best way to do that is through primary school education teaching the true history of this country.

Does Ed read the Guardian?

Like Trump, Ed would follow all media related to him. Mr Davis did not sink the boots into him but addressed his own experience as an 18yo at the Club.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

"
"

Not sure what the question is here, indigenous Australians would be a group of nations under that definition, same as indigenous people all over the world.

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd argue that recognising Indigenous history in Australia is correcting history rather than rewriting it.

No ones against that straw man argument!

Its the rewriting and use of ever changing political terminology that confuses.

"Nation" in the context of early Australia and by the meaning if the word itself, is misleading in the way its used.

First Nation is actually a Canadian term anyway officially introduced by the government to replace Indian Band but hey, history is free to be rewritten and it starts with twisting of language.

Again, the language not the history itself.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
No ones against that straw man argument!

Its the rewriting and use of ever changing political terminology that confuses.

"Nation" in the context of early Australia and by the meaning if the word itself, is misleading in the way its used.

First Nation is actually a Canadian term anyway officially introduced by the government to replace Indian Band but hey, history is free to be rewritten and it starts with twisting of language.

Again, the language not the history itself.

Changing the term from indigenous or aboriginal to first nations is rewriting history?

What did you think of the Leon Davis article published this morning about his experiences at Collingwood?

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Now where is the queue of Collingwood supporters and RW nut-jobs denouncing Leon Davis too.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Probably the best article so far with meaningful insight. The pies hater nuffies will love using this ammunition article just to troll/sh*t on them and not focusing on the change leon is talking about with society being better. Mick Malthouse a coaching player manager legend was coach every year of Leons career who is escaping responsibility on this issue. Mick also coach of Lumumba most of his career when the nick name started.
Yes indeed.

Would hope that the cultural change that Collingwood started post MM would mean that a guy like Kayle Kirby didn't have to experience what Leon did.

And that is a good thing.

A long way to go no doubt.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
i dont ever take 'lefty' as an insult anyway. being told you care about peoples feelings and treating everyone fairly isnt exactly an insult.
I'm a lefty given the I lost the right one a few years ago. I've noticed with age things seem to move toward the centre.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
How stupid and thick headed are AFL footballers to have filled out a player’s profile with racial stereotypes. I mean, yes, there’s the overwhelming element of responsibility facing upon the club to stamp that $hit out, but it’s just disappointing that there are morons who think it’s all fine to have done it in the first place. Some people really are lucky that breathing is automatic.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
That Leon Davis interview is as damning as anything in this saga

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably the best article so far with meaningful insight. The pies hater nuffies will love using this ammunition article just to troll/sh*t on them and not focusing on the change leon is talking about with society being better. Mick Malthouse a coaching player manager legend was coach every year of Leons career who is escaping responsibility on this issue. Mick also coach of Lumumba most of his career when the nick name started.

Yet Leon says nothing till now. That says a lot in itself.

One can have a go at Lumumba all they like but at least he spoke up.

Back