Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, can't agree scotty. You pick a man on his merits.

As a matter of principle, this seems to me to be the best way to go. Having said that, if Tom is our best option, we’re, probably, not going to make much of a dent on the competition. I would dearly love for Tom to prove me wrong, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't be that unpopular of an opinion tbh (especially if Xerri is suffering from something). Seem to be running 2 rucks in some intraclub matches, and Noble has mentioned both running 2 rucks and how he thinks Goldy is a good forward.

Personally I'd be expecting just to go with Goldy and to have a fleet of medium forwards, but the other possibility is certainly foreseeable.
In what universe is Goldy considered a’ good forward’
C
Has missed the unmissable repeatedly, wasn’t it v Freo he completely choked
Not expected that he can kick goals, is he a v large Turner IMO

Would much prefer X, Skinner or J.Walker playing in the forward line over Campbell.

Campbell is a stop gap and insurance against injury. As you said, if he is anything more than that then we are in a world of sh*t.

Yeah, I’d rather play Walker forward and part time ruck than Campbell in the same position.

We won’t see this almost entire game stuff from Todd with the game going back to normal quarter length though so backup will be required.

Personally, I really liked Daw in this role previously.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting that you bring this blokes name up in relation to Campbell.

Majak is the poster child for late bloomers.

As a matter of principle, this seems to me to be the best way to go. Having said that, if Tom is our best option, we’re, probably, not going to make much of a dent on the competition. I would dearly love for Tom to prove me wrong, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On exposed history I’m with you but the day we give up on our players getting better and being rewarded with selection is a disaster IMHO

anyhow, I think it’s moot - unless others are injured I doubt he’s best 22

Yeah, I’d rather play Walker forward and part time ruck than Campbell in the same position.

We won’t see this almost entire game stuff from Todd with the game going back to normal quarter length though so backup will be required.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If big Maj hadn't had the issues and subsequent injuries he did over the last few years he was developing into a real weapon. Good enough to play a real role in defence, pinch-hit forward, and was as good as any second ruckman going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t mean to irritate particularly but Majak could do few things, which I think you have rather fulsomely described....,
What about like Everything Else which he could not do!
One of the Worst footballers on our list ever, without a doubt
Pure crap.

Somewhat encouraging that VFL players in Tyson and Campbell featured often and sharp in that video. Although I don't think Campbell will get games unless Goldy is out injured, particularly if Xerri is playing as a forward/ruck (haven't heard much noise about X in recent weeks, don't know where he's at)

Don’t mean to irritate particularly but Majak could do few things, which I think you have rather fulsomely described....,
What about like Everything Else which he could not do!
One of the Worst footballers on our list ever, without a doubt

Sheesh man, he could do a lot of things very well. Contested marking , great kick, run , ruck , tackle and was actually a good decision maker with ball in hand.

Don't confuse taking too long to get to that point with as you suggest , gaps in his game. I am actually scratching my head thinking of something he was no good at especially in 2018.

The majority of footballers would take a season like Maj's in 2018 in a heartbeat. Am just so glad it was for us. He should have played many more games earlier on .

Anway it does seem that things are looking good out on the track for us. Dare I say , we almost are looking silky with our skills.
The easy mark by JZ from the kick out , was that Walker with the man bun ? That s**t can’t happen anymore . No not man buns , each to their own there , but that effort was ordinary

Stunning move but it was on two much younger draftees - both learning a shitload I hope!!

He looks so much bigger this year.

We saw him do it several times last year against some of the best midfields in the comp, the Brisbane game perhaps the best example, so I am confident it will translate.

We saw him do it several times last year against some of the best midfields in the comp, the Brisbane game perhaps the best example, so I am confident it will translate.

I have zero doubt!! And I thinks it’s awesome these two first round studs of their class, got schooled - they will be better for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back