Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked Borlace’s game, he looked so strong and composed only Butts at times looked as good in defence as he did. Those Key Position defenders are still the massive worry, still have big queries over whether McAsey’s is actually a defender, still doesn’t look comfortable playing there.

McPherson’s job of blanketing McAdam after coming onto the ground after McAdam started on fire just shows the quality defender he’s already become.

Pedlar, Berry, Newchurch most interesting to me. Didn't see a lot of the 1st half and will watch the replay. I've said before that Newchurch may prove to be the standout of the draft.
Billy Frampton looked a class above his form from last year. Maybe he needed 12 months to get the filth off him. Davis showing good signs. Delivery into the forward line was better than the last few years. Good to see Tex get on the end of a few.
Lots of positives to take out of today. See how we go next week.
Davis in the backline looked a level above what Davis ever did in the forward line. Wouldn't be the worst, we could use some more pace and agility down there. Maybe that's why he didn't get a chance last year when we all thought he should, he was halfway through being converted from forward to back

Guys that impressed me

Berry
Pedlar love the consistent grunt these guys have. Something our midfield has been missing since Thommo.

Davis looks classy at HB.
Tex, he looks fit
Milera, like Tex looks fit.
Worrell nice sized mid defender. Ousted Kelly.
McHenry is a "busy" player.
Frampton, wish he could play like that in real games.
Butts, next Full Back sorted.
Schoenberg, his work in traffic is nice.
Rowe, good bag of tricks. Cya Stengle.
ROB looks to build on last year.
Keays, like ROB.

I think we have found Jones position. Up Forward a partner to Rowe and McAdam as the small/mid forward trio. Stop wasting his time and us supporters hope of him being a mid/wing and keep him in the position best suited to his need to have the play come to him. I reckon he would do well at it. Has great hand/foot skills. Just struggles to generate play.

Contrast him to McHenry and Schoenberg. These guys can enter a contest in heavy traffic, win possession and see where to put the ball to a team mates advantage.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liked Borlace’s game, he looked so strong and composed only Butts at times looked as good in defence as he did. Those Key Position defenders are still the massive worry, still have big queries over whether McAsey’s is actually a defender, still doesn’t look comfortable playing there.

McPherson’s job of blanketing McAdam after coming onto the ground after McAdam started on fire just shows the quality defender he’s already become.
McCasey is a little concerning. Lacks the confidence and arrogance seen in his draft year. Good to see Talia walking straight to him at 1st and 3rd qtr time breaks.
I did like Davis in defence. I think there’s something there..

You should be surprised by Jake Kelly not hitting a target by foot all game in an internal trial but you really aren’t... he’ll still somehow get selected if Doedee doesn’t get up for round 1 🙄

really hope talia plays r1 saves one of jezza or hawkins kicking 6 but the other may feast

I think we have found Jones position. Up Forward a partner to Rowe and McAdam as the small/mid forward trio. Stop wasting his time and us supporters hope of him being a mid/wing and keep him in the position best suited to his need to have the play come to him. I reckon he would do well at it. Has great hand/foot skills. Just struggles to generate play.

Contrast him to McHenry and Schoenberg. These guys can enter a contest in heavy traffic, win possession and see where to put the ball to a team mates advantage.

Agree on Jones. Showed something last year at HF but was killed in the middle, and it happened again today with the small amount of mid time he go. Leave him at HF.

We've got plenty of talent but they'll take time.

We don't need them to be good now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this 'Jones is better at half forward' talk because he kicked two goals?
I'm pretty sure he was in the midfield when he kicked the first and came off the wing for the second
He's actually a mid with great forward nous, something we aren't overly used to

Butts excellent. Borlase has the biggest shoulders I've seen. Bizarrely square.

McAsey just seems upset and angry at himself the whole time. Needs to take a chill pill and enjoy the game a bit. He needs to accept that he won't win every contest and if he loses one, then he just focusses on the next one.

I like Davis as a defender. We should continue with that.

Guys that impressed me

Berry
Pedlar love the consistent grunt these guys have. Something our midfield has been missing since Thommo.

Davis looks classy at HB.
Tex, he looks fit
Milera, like Tex looks fit.
Worrell nice sized mid defender. Ousted Kelly.
McHenry is a "busy" player.
Frampton, wish he could play like that in real games.
Butts, next Full Back sorted.
Schoenberg, his work in traffic is nice.
Rowe, good bag of tricks. Cya Stengle.
ROB looks to build on last year.
Keays, like ROB.

Very good summary

The battle of Tex Fog Thilthorpe Frampton and Himmelberg just got harder to pick

And I reckon the Thilthorpe to the wing experiment just proved the coaches are struggling with it too.

I thought the red (2nd) team beat the blue (1sts) in yhe last half. Pedlar looks a Selwood type, in and under, bounces up and nice agility.

Lock for rd1 based on that performance.

Berry not far away, maybe as a HFF.

Back