Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fogarty in particular would need a big game against the Powa to be selected before Tex or Tex have a poor game against Powa.

And why the rush with Thilthorpe given his late start to the pre-season and the need to manage his groins at this point?
This is assuming everyone is fit to play.

Right now, as much as I wasn't advocating for this last year, I'd actually play both Tex and Fog. Provided Tex continues to look somewhat athletic

Yep.. frampton and walker were our two best talls
Based off today I would say Himmelberg, Walker and Thilthorpe will be starting round 1.
I wouldn't get carried away with Frampton's performance which was against ourself. He showed similar form last preseason. From the limited time I watched, Fogarty didn't do a great deal which is somewhat concerning. Thilthorpe looks a natural. If he is fit he plays. Himmelberg is a walk up starter and Walker did enough to hold his spot.

Last edited:
IMO the two locks for the forward line are Thilthorpe and Fogarty. Both should be picked on talent and given a license to flourish.

The third tall can be picked on form, whoever is best at the time which going on today would be Tex
I doubt Fogarty is a lock. If today's performance is anything to go by, then he's 5th in line behind Tex, Berg, Frampton, and Thilthorpe... and he's a very distant 5th at that. What we saw today was a continuation of the under-performance he's shown in the last 2 years. If anything his was one of the more discouraging performances, in what was a game where many of the youngsters gave us reason to be optimistic for the future.

Probably Hamill was my only disappointment.

I still really like the lad, but he did almost nothing today.

He's missing his hair, like Samson.
I didn't know who he was for most of the match: there was only a single occasion when he showed some dash and I finally recognised him.

Get that hair growing! ;)

Based off today I would say Himmelberg, Walker and Thilthorpe will be starting round 1.

Probably. We know Frampton sucks from all those previous years he has sucked. One performance doesn't shift the needle anywhere near enough

Probably. We know Frampton sucks from all those previous years he has sucked. One performance doesn't shift the needle anywhere near enough
Even a young leopard can change its spots when it becomes an adult. So maybe there is hope yet.

How depressed would Fogarty be, reading this in the match report on the AFC website:
As good as the talls were, the defenders held their own with Jake Kelly having a good battle with Fogarty and Jordon Butts doing the same with Walker.
Walker kicked 3 goals on Butts, but Kelly well & truly held his own against Fogarty. Kelly is absolute rubbish... so what does that say about Fogarty's performance today?

You are probably correct, but just because somebody sucked previously, doesn't mean they will continue to suck in the future. Unless they don't want to, or can't improve.
Six years in an AFL system is usually enough to make a solid assessment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Fogarty is a lock. If today's performance is anything to go by, then he's 5th in line behind Tex, Berg, Frampton, and Thilthorpe... and he's a very distant 5th at that. What we saw today was a continuation of the under-performance he's shown in the last 2 years. If anything his was one of the more discouraging performances, in what was a game where many of the youngsters gave us reason to be optimistic for the future.
Personally I'm backing him in for anywhere from half to the entire season in his preferred position at AFL level. Give him consistency of position and role.

If he fails after that, then we move on

You are probably correct, but just because somebody sucked previously, doesn't mean they will continue to suck in the future. Unless they don't want to, or can't improve.
With you. I am hoping he carries on with todays form. Last year was a backward step with many player. Someone his size I hope turns the corner .I think he has the talent.

Sure he does with the 4 year contract we gave him! Probably won't get a lot of games, but he's well and truly locked in.
2 years with an option on a 3rd....

Back