News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone subscribe to this?

eagles/former-asada-boss-richard-ings-says-willie-rioli-and-team-can-break-their-silence-on-alleged-doping-violation-ng-b881801122z

Anyone subscribe to this?

eagles/former-asada-boss-richard-ings-says-willie-rioli-and-team-can-break-their-silence-on-alleged-doping-violation-ng-b881801122z

Ok what the hell is this ????????

Can anyone enlighten us ?

Didn't need Ings input there - the SIA statement said exactly this.

Regardless of whether he can break the silence, it doesn't mean he should. Learn from essendon's *up - get the outcome sorted then run your mouth off about the process.

'Willie Rioli case needs to be resolved quicker, says frustrated AFL boss Gillon McLachlan' in October of last year.

If only Gil had some sort of pull at the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care if nobody agrees with me, but I think he needs to have final penalty reduced for this absolute BS.
He should've known his fate before 2020 preseason.
I think somewhere in the vicinity of 6 month reduction.
For what it's worth, I agree.
I'm tipping a 2 year ban reduced to 18 months with a 6 month good behaviour "bond".

If that were the case wouldn't he already be allowed to be back training with the club, had he been told in the appropriate timeframe?
Yep, I think the main take away from the delays is that there's no chance its anything less than 24 months.

For what it's worth, I agree.
I'm tipping a 2 year ban reduced to 18 months with a 6 month good behaviour "bond".

As has been pointed out a few times over the course of this, there’s no capacity in the anti-drug rules for a “good behaviour bond” to be part of a penalty.

Because a second offence is basically a life ban, there’s not much point giving someone a life ban plus the six months left over from their first offence.

As has been pointed out a few times over the course of this, there’s no capacity in the anti-drug rules for a “good behaviour bond” to be part of a penalty.

Because a second offence is basically a life ban, there’s not much point giving someone a life ban plus the six months left over from their first offence.
Okay then, 24 months with 6 months deducted for ******* him around.

You say that but let’s not forget it’s the AFL that are handing down the penalty after all.

Pointless is in their DNA

Godfather32 was sad at your post in the thread News Willie Rioli - Provisionally Suspended (Days since suspension without decision : 530).

Didn't need Ings input there - the SIA statement said exactly this.

Regardless of whether he can break the silence, it doesn't mean he should. Learn from essendon's fu**up - get the outcome sorted then run your mouth off about the process.

It's a cop out from Ings.

Saying it is the responsibility of the defence, rather than the prosecution or judiciary, to progress a case is ridiculous.

Willie's responsibility was to request a hearing (which from reports happened in August last year). Then it is up to the prosecutors to share the evidence (no idea when this occurred, obviously it did) and arrange the hearing (which was December).

It is then the judiciary's responsibility to make a decision in a timely manner.

Just because Willie is the only one who can comment, it doesn't absolve the other parties of their responsibility to progress this in a timely manner (something they have utterly failed to do). Additionally, as you have said above - there will be no benefit and likely a detriment to publicly commenting prior to any verdict.

Hamid Ezzine

In 2009 he was found guilty of refusal to submit to doping control and tampering with a doping control. For this he received a two-year suspension from the sport, lasting from March 2009 to March 2011.

Róbert Fazekas
After the final, Fazekas provided only 25 millilitres of urine (50 ml short of the minimum amount required), stating he was "in an unstable psychological state and feeling unwell". Observers from the International Olympic Committee warned that this would constitute a doping infraction and advised that he could go with them to the clinic at the Olympic Village, where he could provide a further sample. Fazekas refused the offer. 2 Years suspension

Yuliya Fomenko (runner)

On 20 October 2008, it was announced that Fomenko and six other Russian athletes would receive two-year doping bans for manipulating drug samples.[3]

Eva-Maria Gradwohl
In 2010 Gradwohl retired from her sporting career, after refusing to take a doping test; according to NADA director Andreas Schwab, refusing to undergo a doping test was considered a positive test, and would be an obvious breach of the rules imposed in every sporting competition. 2 years

Zoltán Kővágó
He himself was serving a competition ban for "evading doping testing". In August 2011 an Austrian doping controller searched for him in his former address. Kővágó already moved from there – he also officially reported his new address earlier – thus according to the controller's own admission he made an appointment with him on the phone and he stated Kővágó had not wanted to meet with him and had refused to give a sample. 2 years

So anyone see a pattern here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back