The obscure XI's you've always wanted to make but never found the appropriate place thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tasmanian Interstate Recruits Second XI

Greg Shipperd
Jordan Silk
Dirk Welham (c)
Glenn Hughes
Travis Birt
Ben McDermott
Jake Doran (wk)
Chris Matthews
Peter Clough
Mark Ridgway
Andrew Fekete
12th: Mark Ray

Last edited:
You could make a pretty good second XI on the same basis.

And you could make a seriously good International Imports XI; Kanhai and Holding would be a handy start.
Funny you should say that.........

You could make a pretty good second XI on the same basis.

And you could make a seriously good International Imports XI; Kanhai and Holding would be a handy start.
I'm pretty sure I've already done that in this thread.

The Tasmanian Interstate Recruits Second XI

Greg Shipperd
Jordan Silk
Dirk Welham (c)
Glenn Hughes
Travis Birt
Ben McDermott
Jake Doran (wk)
Chris Matthews
Andrew Fekete
Peter Clough
Gerard Denton
Surely Fekete bats 11? One of the worst I've seen. Not Chris Martin levels, but bad

Surely Fekete bats 11? One of the worst I've seen. Not Chris Martin levels, but bad
Give me a break mate, I just threw the last three together after Matthews (who was a pretty handy bat). :D

I've fixed the side, I shockingly forgot the Tassie workhorse Mark Ridgway. So he's in and Denton is out.

Fekete goes to #11. Although, in his defence, may I point out that he had the perfectly respectable average of 9.93 in f-c cricket. :)

Rod McCurdy?
He only played one season for Tassie, I tried to compile the sides more on longer term performance over multiple seasons.

Else I would have included Lillee as well. :)

I thought I had done this in this thread, but I haven't apparently. I know I have done it somewhere on BF.

Tassie Overseas Import XI

Sadiq Mohammed
Billy Ibadulla
Rohan Kanhai
Jack Hampshire
Brian Davison
Roland Butcher
Alan Knott
Richard Hadlee
Jack Simmons (c)
Michael Holding
Patrick Patterson

Others who missed out: Peter Lever, Franklyn Stephenson, Rod Cass, David Hughes, Neil Williams, Winston Davis, Andy Blignaut

Local boy made good in his eyes.
F-c record for Tasmania:
3440 runs @ 44.10 with 9 hundreds & 16 fifties.

He and Simmons were by far the two best overseas players Tassie recruited.

And neither played a Test match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F-c record for Tasmania:
3440 runs @ 44.10 with 9 hundreds & 16 fifties.

He and Simmons were by far the two best overseas players Tassie recruited.

And neither played a Test match.
He was another of that lost generation of Southern Africans, he probably would have been capped by the Springboks in the 70s. Ended up a gun for hire like Barry Richards.

Absolutely loved the nickname Flat Jack when I was younger.
Took over 1,000 f-c wickets and hit nearly 10,000 f-c runs too.

He turned out to be the perfect choice for helping Tassie transition into the Shield, despite no-one knowing much about him when he was first recruited.

He played a huge part in Tassie's first one-day trophy win. Check out his performance in the final:

I reckon MOTM was justified. :)

Took over 1,000 f-c wickets and hit nearly 10,000 f-c runs too.

He turned out to be the perfect choice for helping Tassie transition into the Shield, despite no-one knowing much about him when he was first recruited.

He played a huge part in Tassie's first one-day trophy win. Check out his performance in the final:

I reckon MOTM was justified. :)
A match featuring John Inverarity and David Boon, whose combined first class careers spanned 1962 to 1999.

The Hair Transplant Eleven

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Graham Gooch
Martin Crowe
Michael Vaughan
Sourav Ganguly
Jacques Kallis
Greg Matthews
Darren Gough
Shane Warne
Doug Bollinger