Game Day Nth Melbourne V Collingwood Round 4 Sat 20 Feb. 7.15pm

2021 AFL WOMEN'S - ROUND 4
North Melbourne v Collingwood
Saturday 20 Feb, 7.10pm (AEDT)
Marvel Stadium
7Mate, Fox Footy & AFLW app.

Big game tonight, North Melbourne and Collingwood clashing under Saturday night lights at Marvel Stadium, in a match which could have lasting effects on the make-up of the finals.
  • The Roos don't lose often. In fact, last week marked just the fourth time North hadn't sung the song after a game, with two of those losses coming against Melbourne. We're unlikely to see the Roos concede six goals in a quarter again, but this will be far from a walk in the park.
  • Collingwood and North are building a nice little rivalry – the Pies lost to the Roos by just two points in last year's semi-final, but got the win with some strong attacking play in January's practice match. New senior assistant coach Scott Gowans will also be carrying some important IP, having coached the Roos for two years before being forced out by a COVID-19-induced restructure.
  • The last time North Melbourne lost two games in a row was in 2019, and the perfect weather conditions under the roof at Marvel should suit their ball movement. This is the match of the round. Roos by three points. (Not my prediction as I can't say either way, just hoping we win).
Teams:
2021-02-20_102630.jpg

Two things I want to see tonight is that we don't give away too many free kicks as we have had the highest against us in the comp (71) and that we can put together four quarters.

Anyone interested in stats? https://womens.afl/stats

Last edited:
Two things I want to see tonight is that we don't give away too many free kicks as we have had the highest against us in the comp (71) and that we can put together four quarters.

Thank God Norder is back. Sheridan to keep building towards superstardom. And I think the explanation for the bolded lies here:

Back