Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he? I can't remember too many contest wins for either of them. I reckon it's a big weakness for both of them. They average a similar percentage of contested ball wins. And more of Jaidyns uncontested possessions involve a contest - a foot race.

If you watch Stepho's 2020 highlights there is not one where he makes contact with an opposition player. He is a Daniel Andrews dream, does his absolute best to stay by himself in a 4 metre squared area.

If you watch Stepho's 2020 highlights there is not one where he makes contact with an opposition player. He is a Daniel Andrews dream, does his absolute best to stay by himself in a 4 metre squared area.
The footy Stephenson played in 2020 was embarrassing, something went horribly wrong. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about talent.

The footy Stephenson played in 2020 was embarrassing, something went horribly wrong. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about talent.

AFL lists are full of unfulfilled and potential 'talent'. Every year heaps of talented players are discarded.

Stevo's actions (despite his talent) in 2019 were unacceptable and he was lucky to survive.

Stevo's response in 2020 was unacceptable. I have no problems with his form, it happens. It was his lack of intent, failure to tackle and generally sidestep every contest that came at him that was his downfall. HE looked scared of contact when Pendles gave him a pat on the back on the bench. He refused to do the non-negotiables. When it came to the salary cap crunch Stevo made it very easy for us to ship him out. All the best to the lad I had such high hopes for. I thought he was more important to our list than De Goey.

AFL lists are full of unfulfilled and potential 'talent'. Every year heaps of talented players are discarded.

Stevo's actions (despite his talent) in 2019 were unacceptable and he was lucky to survive.

Stevo's response in 2020 was unacceptable. I have no problems with his form, it happens. It was his lack of intent, failure to tackle and generally sidestep every contest that came at him that was his downfall. HE looked scared of contact when Pendles gave him a pat on the back on the bench. He refused to do the non-negotiables. When it came to the salary cap crunch Stevo made it very easy for us to ship him out. All the best to the lad I had such high hopes for. I thought he was more important to our list than De Goey.
I agree with that and woulduch prefer to have Daicos on the list, even though I think Jaidyn is more talented.

Exactly. You don’t fluke winning the rising star award. We picked him from no where really and he came out and had one of the best years a first year player has played with us. One of the reason we made it to the GF. 5 goal bags. Barrels from 50-60m and the speed no one else had. Pure skill.

Fair call re 2020. Funny Stevo never really got his hand dirty all year but Greenbucks pulls out of one contest and its front page news. Fwiw whilst not condoning the softish season he had a very much doubt cunnington and Anderson will cop this from him this year. Especially when noble will be running him through the middle with them.

Exactly. You don’t fluke winning the rising star award. We picked him from no where really and he came out and had one of the best years a first year player has played with us. One of the reason we made it to the GF. 5 goal bags. Barrels from 50-60m and the speed no one else had. Pure skill.
Unicorns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, pure skill. No toughness, reliability, decency, grit or determination to ruin all that skill

I’m more disappointed that we didn’t give Bosenavulagi one more season. Although he didn’t get much of the ball, he looked very clean. I thought 1 more year with a few more opportunities could have determined whether he had what it takes.

I’m more disappointed that we didn’t give Bosenavulagi one more season. Although he didn’t get much of the ball, he looked very clean. I thought 1 more year with a few more opportunities could have determined whether he had what it takes.

He was offered more money by North. It was Bosenavulagi's choice.

Stevo

26 games 320 disposals 38 goals in 2018
14 games 210 disposals 24 goals in 2019

As for 2020 I wouldn’t be sacking anyone from that year. You go off the other two seasons which he showed he’s a star.
We probably shouldn’t have had B&F’s, a Brownlow or Premiership in 2020 either because it’s unfair for those who are mentally weaker than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back