A few group shots

DSC_0309.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG
DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0211.JPG

Must have missed that!
But I will put out the call to anyone there last night.
Did anyone see CEY there last night?
I definitely didn’t see him and I don’t recall him being mentioned at all.

Yep, he was there - also standing behind the goals near Cockatoo

Brizzys Squizzy

All Australian
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The only thing stopping us from winning the premiership is our kicking. Hipwood hasn't proven to be an accurate kick in front of goal and daniher has had kicking issues since he debuted. If they fix that, then we will go all the way. If they don't, then expect another disappointing year.
ANOTHER DISAPPOINTING YEAR ? ok so we didn't win the premiership, but the year was far from disappointing imo., the last 2 years have been huge for the club considering where we were.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
ANOTHER DISAPPOINTING YEAR ? ok so we didn't win the premiership, but the year was far from disappointing imo., the last 2 years have been huge for the club considering where we were.

Bang on. The last two seasons have been phenomenal considering where we came from.

You’d have to be the ultimate fair-weather, glory chasing, Johnny-come-lately to describe the last two seasons as “disappointing”.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bang on. The last two seasons have been phenomenal considering where we came from.

You’d have to be the ultimate fair-weather, glory chasing, Johnny-come-lately to describe the last two seasons as “disappointing”.
100%.

The last two years have been phenomenal. No one rated us top 8 in 2019 with the list we had. Didn't crater last year like many teams do after a sudden rise. We've got the most out of what we have and you couldn't ask for more.

Look at the resources ,corporate backing and supporter bases that the Geelong's , Richmond's ,Collingwood's ,PA's and Eagles have.

How on earth could you look our guys in the eye and say they've been disappointing. Absolute rubbish comment ,enough said.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The only thing stopping us from winning the premiership is our kicking. Hipwood hasn't proven to be an accurate kick in front of goal and daniher has had kicking issues since he debuted. If they fix that, then we will go all the way. If they don't, then expect another disappointing year.

I was only thinking about Richy and Zorko today and how even if we don't win a flag in their time, they have at least tasted some success in reaching the finals and 2nd on the ladder twice in a row......a far cry from when they first joined the basketcase that was the Lions..

Another disappointing year?......Hardly, far from it.

For those two boys especially, I hope they can go one better though before they retire....but they will not be disappointed with our last two years.

mighty_lions

Senior List
Mar 23, 2008
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Still? What the hell is wrong with him? How can a groin injury last that long?

Edit, I saw the report. Only Darcy has been ruled out for round 1, so answerth is still in it. He's easily in our best 22 when fit.

Answerth won’t play until mid year he is still having back related problems

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haven't you mob worked out that ynk22 is nothing but a troll? Look back at his posting history - no one could be that brain dead to continually post that garbage seriously. Stop feeding him.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He is coming back to fitness but will not be ready for AFL level football in Round 1.
Might be ready for the start of the VFL season.

From the report, it's only a niggle. The same with cockatoo, so if one is out then the other has to be as well.
Not winning a premiership in a premiership window is disappointing. Look at GWS. If we don't capitalise soon, then our window will be over. And the way we went out against Geelong was disappointing.

From the report, it's only a niggle. The same with cockatoo, so if one is out then the other has to be as well.

Not winning a premiership in a premiership window is disappointing. Look at GWS. If we don't capitalise soon, then our window will be over. And the way we went out against Geelong was disappointing.
At the moment we are not losing players left right and centre like GWS are so our window should remain open for some time.
We were not ready the first year in finals and last year we had another lesson to learn in playing only one game in 30 days.
Not excuses, just learnings and we are only just coming into our window.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
At the moment we are not losing players left right and centre like GWS are so our window should remain open for some time.
We were not ready the first year in finals and last year we had another lesson to learn in playing only one game in 30 days.
Not excuses, just learnings and we are only just coming into our window.
I agree with all that Dlions.

Some people seem to have not much idea how hard they are to win . You need a lot to go right.

We've played about as well as you could imagine given our list to date , and we can only hope we continue to improve and get a bit stronger to give ourselves a decent shot at it.

Back