Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Bolt has reached new levels of awful in recent weeks.

Last week he was lamenting why old men were being charged with child sex offences

Bolt is a piece of garbage, but the reason I posted it was because of the video that was posted underneath.

It hilariously sums up the whole Facebook/Newscorp/LNP fiasco

Did anyone care when Cobb and Co and the local blacksmith disappear? No.

The media barons need to understand this.

Eventually Facebook will have its own existence threatened by something that will come along.
Problem is it's destroying the number & quality of journalism in Australia because Google & Facebook are getting most of the revenue & paying nothing for the content.

This is unhealthy for the industry. It's not just about Murdoch, but other media like thr ABC & SBS being able to fund decent news content

Problem is it's destroying the number & quality of journalism in Australia because Google & Facebook are getting most of the revenue & paying nothing for the content.

This is unhealthy for the industry. It's not just about Murdoch, but other media like thr ABC & SBS being able to fund decent news content

The problem which journalism nowadays it is about gotcha questions and asking the same question over and over again because they didn’t like the answer they wanted.

To be a journalist nowadays requires little skill and intelligence. Where have all the investigative journalists gone and the ones that actually challenge politicians with what they say with facts (not just accept what is given to them).

News sites.
It’s the same as program cross promotion

Drives (supposedly) viewers to the shows they wish to promote ..... in the case of news, it’s the ongoing battle between 9,7,10, and LOL Aunty

Listening to Politicians today, they’re trying to protect the Australian Media industry

It’s arguable whether they need more protection than any other industry that has suffered due to technology advances

So how does the Govt protect Media ? ..... can’t put tariffs in place on Social Media .... they don’t want to create another Kodak by pouring millions into Media, which realistically would be a bottomless pit

So, let’s get Facebook to pay .... sounds a good idea, since they do t pay any Australian Tax anyway ..... so it’s a reverse way of giving the media the money, without the Govt putting hands on pocket

Gee, for someone who hates politics .... i certainly ramble on :$

The quality of journalism was already in the pits .... head counts well down, they’re all just copying and pasting from World & other sources .... then overlaying with opinion pieces and agendas

The quality of journalism was already in the pits .... head counts well down, they’re all just copying and pasting from World & other sources .... then overlaying with opinion pieces and agendas
Indeed, but it's not going to get better by gutting the numbers in the industry because Google & Facebook are feasting off the revenue... unless they put some money back into the industry.

The problem which journalism nowadays it is about gotcha questions and asking the same question over and over again because they didn’t like the answer they wanted.

To be a journalist nowadays requires little skill and intelligence. Where have all the investigative journalists gone and the ones that actually challenge politicians with what they say with facts (not just accept what is given to them).
Hence we need more diversity of media so it's not all based on clicks...

Indeed, but it's not going to get better by gutting the numbers in the industry because Google & Facebook are feasting off the revenue... unless they put some money back into the industry.
Not correct ......the Media are choosing to use the Facebook Carriage for their own Commercial benefit .......Facebook aren't forcing anyone to post, and nothing lost to them if Media decide not too

Media need Facebook more than the other way .......Do Newspapers pay advertisers to advertise ?

Bolt has reached new levels of awful in recent weeks.

Last week he was lamenting why old men were being charged with child sex offences
Given his strong protection of Pell & others, it makes you question the underlying reasons why...

Not correct ......the Media are choosing to use the Facebook Carriage for their own Commercial benefit .......Facebook aren't forcing anyone to post, and nothing lost to them if Media decide not too

Media need Facebook more than the other way .......Do Newspapers pay advertisers to advertise ?
So you are comfortable with the destruction of our media diversity.

... well you do work for SEN, so you have low standards! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are comfortable with the destruction of our media diversity.

... well you do work for SEN, so you have low standards! ;)
Media will survive and adapt .....they can go to radio, they can continue to use the various Social Media platforms

Just don't chase $$$ from a big corp, that has no connection with your business .....simply because they have deep pockets and it's a way the Govt can prop Media up without themselves being seen to prop them up

As for media diversity ......I can't stand anyone of them, all with agenda's and political bias .....they don't report News, they create news

Television will pickup the slack of genuine journalism .....as for FREE advertising on Social Media, you decide to either post or not

Media will survive and adapt .....they can go to radio, they can continue to use the various Social Media platforms

Just don't chase $$$ from a big corp, that has no connection with your business .....simply because they have deep pockets and it's a way the Govt can prop Media up without themselves being seen to prop them up

As for media diversity ......I can't stand anyone of them, all with agenda's and political bias .....they don't report News, they create news

Television will pickup the slack of genuine journalism .....as for FREE advertising on Social Media, you decide to either post or not
Except that Television journalism is going down the gurgler, just the same as print journalism. FaceBook & Google are sucking up a huge amount of Australia's advertising dollars, leaving next to nothing for paying for journalism regardless of medium.

Except that Television journalism is going down the gurgler, just the same as print journalism. FaceBook & Google are sucking up a huge amount of Australia's advertising dollars, leaving next to nothing for paying for journalism regardless of medium.
So why are we trying to save them ? .......facetious comment LOL .....Isn't that Free Enterprise at work

Aust Govt didn't lift a hand to save the Car Industry .....claiming Free Enterprise forces should work ....how many job losses did that result in ?

1613728803576.png

In hindsight that was simply ideological nonsense, as Govt's now are using taxes and tariffs widely to protect / boost industries (jobs)

Re sucking up advertising $$$ .....didn't see media companies complaining, with the advertising rates they used to charge, they had a virtual monopoly .....that arguments slightly hypocritical

Last edited:
He turned out to be right on Pell. The story was always a bit odd. Still, glad he was found guilty for at least a while, especially if he wasn't. Perfect karma.
Pell has been involved in sexual predatory activity.

He should still be in jail.

How interesting - all this rape stuff happened just as the 2019 election was called.

Who would have thought! Actually it isn’t amazing at all - SmoCo has known about this from day one. He called the election on April 4th - the very day it is reported to the AFP. He is a nasty piece of work.

And yet another black mark on the man known as SmoCo.

This government is incompetent - whether it be the bushfire response, sports rorts, rape allegation coverups, ministerial snouts in the trough. Oh and doubled our National debt within 6 years before any global pandemic and no financial crisis to deal with. FMD. Incompetence reigns supreme with this lot.

Thank goodness the Premiers took control of the COVID-19 response.

Last edited:
I have listened to enough witnesses who he has allegedly abused over decades to know there is more than just a little smoke...

I don’t doubt that. Which is why I love the idea that he wasn’t actually guilty of this crime but still ended up in jail for it. I’m not going to speak to his personal involvement, but I’m reasonably confident he was heavily involved in coverups and silencing complainants. That’s why it’s even better for me that he was erroneously convicted and served time. He got to feel the machine working against him as it had done so many poor kids in the Catholic Church.
But his acquittal by the high court is absolute and unarguable. He is not guilty of that charge.

I don’t doubt that. Which is why I love the idea that he wasn’t actually guilty of this crime but still ended up in jail for it. I’m not going to speak to his personal involvement, but I’m reasonably confident he was heavily involved in coverups and silencing complainants. That’s why it’s even better for me that he was erroneously convicted and served time. He got to feel the machine working against him as it had done so many poor kids in the Catholic Church.
But his acquittal by the high court is absolute and unarguable. He is not guilty of that charge.
He was more than involved in covering up an organised paedophile ring of priests... he was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back