AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow, it's 8 scoring shots apiece!

It does feel like we're the hunted now, but that shouldn't mean we don't hunt either. Letting Molloy, Davey, etc... do as they pleased just isn't good enough.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Somehow, it's 8 scoring shots apiece!

It does feel like we're the hunted now, but that shouldn't mean we don't hunt either. Letting Molloy, Davey, etc... do as they pleased just isn't good enough.
Pretty much all our bids bar Ashmore are inside types and the skillful ones, like Garner for example, aren't exactly outside and are actually quite slow. We've got no defensive speed around the footy or around the ground at all really and that's why the likes of Patrikios, Bonnicci, Molloy etc have had big games against us and why we consistently look vulnerable when teams get it to the outside and generate that overlap run. We can't stay with them. We need it to be a kick-mark game where we control the pace so we can back in our skills, which are still some of the best in the league. We didn't get the game on our terms for big periods of the Saints and Dees game, and pretty much the whole thing tonight.

Denis was onto something about media Street. Last year Rhyce after round 2, saying why can't it be us regarding a Grand Final , we proceeded to win 1 more game. Round 2 this year Daisy Bateman re Grand Finals we should be favourites . I can see Denis rolling his eyes if he were asked that question "ask me that after the Grand Final son it's *ing round 2"

Didn't deserve to win tonight, we were pretty poor. Our worst ever performance.

Our kicks inside 50 were absolutely terrible, the worst I've ever seen by a North team, mens or womens. I think we hit one North player from about 30 inside 50's, meanwhile we hit a Collingwood player at least half a dozen times.

Our midfielders look slow compared Collingwood's and our handballs are slow and fall short putting team mates under all sorts of pressure.

Our backline is too tall and too slow, Bresnehan and Lynch did well tonight, but most teams plays three or four speedy small forwards and so players like Grierson, Nestor and Gilroy are marking players who have too much pace for them. If anyone thinks Duffin will change everything they are deluding themselves, she is slow as well and although she may be a better reader of play, if she can't make the contest it's pretty pointless.

Last edited:

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The umpiring is as bad as I have seen. As crap as we were. they had a massive influence on the game. We should have got a number of frees for incorrect disposal or htb but we got nothing. Our girls are getting crucified. That's four game in a row we have had less free kicks than our opponent for a game.

Also I have a message for Crocks. Crocks the coaching manual you found at the club is Brad Scott's. Do us a favour and burn that thing. The North supporters are sick of watching our team play unaccountable football. It's so infuriating watching opposition players running around without an opponent. I have said this in the men's game day threads, do our coaches actually sit down with the team and show them footage of everyone being magnetised towards the ball and leaving loose players outside the contest? It's mindboggling how often our players get sucked into the contest.

And one last thing, I am sick of hearing the happiness in the commentary teams voices when we are losing. I really hope we turn this around (and I believe we will) so we can shove it to the AFL. As I said above our girls are getting crucified because the AFL doesn't see us as the darlings of the comp.

That was an infuriating experience. Collingwood just played better. They connected better with handballs to free players and hitting up targets.

We need to start playing a tagger. My Mum who only follows rugby Union could have told you Davey needed to be sat on. We need to focus some attention on the opposition.

The last two weeks we have been slaughtered by a player who roams free across CHB. We need someone whocan either win or at least halve the contest.

Thank god for Kaitlyn Ashmore, at least we had one player who was a winner on the day.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was terrible. We have no run whatsoever. Melbourne and the pies both overlapped at will. I haven’t seen us do it yet this year.

I didn’t think I could see a worse hadnballing side than the boys. But the girls are worse.

That said isnno where near contending.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
That was an infuriating experience. Collingwood just played better. They connected better with handballs to free players and hitting up targets.

We need to start playing a tagger. My Mum who only follows rugby Union could have told you Davey needed to be sat on. We need to focus some attention on the opposition.

The last two weeks we have been slaughtered by a player who roams free across CHB. We need someone whocan either win or at least halve the contest.

Thank god for Kaitlyn Ashmore, at least we had one player who was a winner on the day.
Livingstone is a fantastic defender. She shouldn’t have a free run at the ball, any more than Davey should. And after the last three weeks I DO NOT KNOW HOW BRITT BONNICI WAS LEFT IN SPACE SO OFTEN.

All our kicks and handballs were rushed, all game, in every part of the ground. They had time and space and thrashed us in uncontested possessions. Is that about speed? Work rate? Game strategy?

North are saving money on sacking a winning coach and then getting someone who cant coach to replace them because they are on their books already. Even Crocker has said he was told he was coaching the Womens team and wasn't expecting it....

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North are saving money on sacking a winning coach and then getting someone who cant coach to replace them because they are on their books already. Even Crocker has said he was told he was coaching the Womens team and wasn't expecting it....

To everyone blaming Crocker;

Is he out on the field dropping sitters?
Spraying gettable shots at goal?
Getting sucked in to contest letting Oppo players free on the outside?
Playing behind and being second to the ball?

There's only so much he can control. Structurally, are we that much different to last year? I would argue, not especially. We have regularly botched it against better sides. This can't be all on him.

Was gonna go in to the game, ended up going and watching Rosebud SC v Lara in the FFA cup. Rosebud got rolled 3 - 1 I think in the end, but I washed down a gorgeous souvlaki with a couple of draughts and only had a 4 minute trip home. Seems my time was better spent :cool:

To everyone blaming Crocker;

Is he out on the field dropping sitters?
Spraying gettable shots at goal?
Getting sucked in to contest letting Oppo players free on the outside?
Playing behind and being second to the ball?

There's only so much he can control. Structurally, are we that much different to last year? I would argue, not especially. We have regularly botched it against better sides. This can't be all on him.
He should have tagged Paxman last week, he should have tagged Davey tonight. That much is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back