Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgina Downer anyone. Handing out our money when she was not an elected member of Parliament at the time

When asked what her qualifications and experience were that she would bring to the federal seat of Mayo she stressed that she was a mother.

Well that's one up on her dad.

Apparently were salty after the crows trail 🤷wtf yeah really scared 😂
I’m guessing this is something gleaned from the crows board and I haven’t read any of that or seen any of their trial game, but I honestly can’t think of a single one of their players that I'd swap for one of ours.

I’m guessing this is something gleaned from the crows board and I haven’t read any of that or seen any of their trial game, but I honestly can’t think of a single one of their players that I'd swap for one of ours.
Na I agree their 22 is pretty poor, but Sloane is a star. Wouldn't hesitate to grab him. Would swap Rocky for him in a heartbeat.

Talia would be a walk up start ahead of Clurey and McKenzie.

And Laird is probably getting a gig in our best 22 as well.

I have to put my hand up and admit that I watched their internal trial but it was really hard to get a read on them, Pedlar and Berry looked pretty good but when you have the likes of crouch in the oppo it's not as if you're going to have any defensive pressure being applied - they should be good players but basing much on that trial would be silly.
Hately knows how to get the ball and then butcher it.
Flog is thinner but still lazy.
Worrell and Mcpherson should come and play for us please.

Na I agree their 22 is pretty poor, but Sloane is a star. Wouldn't hesitate to grab him. Would swap Rocky for him in a heartbeat.

My concern about Sloane would be whether his age is catching up with him. I thought he was struggling a bit last year. Saying that, Rocky is probably in the same boat. I agree with Talia too.

Talia is good at what he does but his style of defence is exactly what Ken doesn't want out of our backmen. Doogs tried to defend the same dour spoil-first way and got driven out of the club for it.

Does Doedee still play for them? I'd have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgina Downer anyone. Handing out our money when she was not an elected member of Parliament at the time

When asked what her qualifications and experience were that she would bring to the federal seat of Mayo she stressed that she was a mother.
The Liberals make sports rorts such an art form - they are so good at it and when they are eventually caught with their hand in the cookie jar they come out with so much spin that the top could run all day.

Last edited:

Carn, there are a few players on our list I'd trade for: Thilthorpe, Hately, McAsey, McAdam, Worrell, Laird, Milera. Would I trade any for a player in our best 15 or so? Maybe not, but would I trade any of those blokes for Tyson Goldsack? Absolutely.

Remember how much better those players could be if they played for a real football club too.

Lol the trial against the Crows next week will probably end up close as we'll likely run a whole bunch of players through the game, but sheesh we could just as well demolish them.

Cant see any Port fan feeling threatened by that Crows side at the moment.

As a football team they aren't even worth a moment of thought, apart from the comic relief they bring.

We should be contenders this year. That means the only teams we should worry about in any way should be Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda and Brisbane (as well as any other club like the Dogs that puts their hand up as a contender).

If we are in a position this year where we have to worry about the Norfs and Tingles of the AFL, the worry will be entirely looking internally, especially at our senior coach and what the hell has gone wrong.

Some of the most under-utilised areas of parklands which remain barren, brown are close to Anzac Highway / Goody Rd. I still think they might be on the radar, the news train station at Wayville is key. Maybe they are trying to find a way to secure some land near there, perhaps next to all the volleyball courts, making it a sports precinct. Building a club room aside, anything that transforms barren brown land into mostly green oval space will be of benefit. Thebarton means they are tied to the SANFL, and it’s in the burbs, can’t see it happening.

The Liberals make sports rorts such an art form - they are so good at it and when they are eventually caught with their hand in the cookie jar they come out with so much spin that the top could run all day.

Libs learnt from the original and the best

Some of the most under-utilised areas of parklands which remain barren, brown are close to Anzac Highway / Goody Rd. I still think they might be on the radar, the news train station at Wayville is key. Maybe they are trying to find a way to secure some land near there, perhaps next to all the volleyball courts, making it a sports precinct. Building a club room aside, anything that transforms barren brown land into mostly green oval space will be of benefit. Thebarton means they are tied to the SANFL, and it’s in the burbs, can’t see it happening.

Now that the Adelaide round of the Supercars looks like a thing of the past, could Victoria Park be a possibility? It's on the right side of town for the archetypal Crows supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back