• Saints

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
A good win. The first half was difficult to watch but we turned it around in the 2nd half and played much better.

Hopefully that builds some confidence for next week - should either be Richmond, Melbourne or Collingwood - and we can play like we did in the 2nd half for the whole game.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jeez, Grieser is just a unit isn't she? Always manages to get on the scoreboard, and is just an absolute natural.
We're a young side, but between Smith, Patrikios, Grieser and McCarthy, we've got so real football players. Get a couple of years into these girls, and maybe a marquee signing, and they'll seriously challenge.
Race is on between the men and the women to see who gets the first cup!

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jeez, Grieser is just a unit isn't she? Always manages to get on the scoreboard, and is just an absolute natural.
We're a young side, but between Smith, Patrikios, Grieser and McCarthy, we've got so real football players. Get a couple of years into these girls, and maybe a marquee signing, and they'll seriously challenge.
I went to the game in the end without a chair , stupidly, but I tell you your right on the money there....some of the Gtrain's kicks at Goal were superlative. I feel like I want to say there's more than an inkling of plugger about her....I just watched her and was so impressed with her concentration and strength, timing and bursts of agility for the big unit she is. She looks bloody fit too! A credit to her! She has worked hard.....and she can give the ball an accurate roost too.
.Although the sun was in our eyes til after half time, I loved it there tonight ......then i saw the Saints switch on... i think that acftually began just before half time. In the first half it was like the girls were kind of watching then reacting rather than intercept or attack. When the penny dropped they were brilliant.

The worry for me is that against better sides they will be buried by five goals before they flick the switch. Yes indeed the race is on ......but you'd have to say the men's team seem to be a year or so ahead...hopefully they tie at the post.

"In fact Forget the future that is the now"....great commentating

Last edited:

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep, building a team for the future and given the draft is state based, we may not have a worse pick than anyone other than Richmond, the Cats (who I think generally have a specific Geelong selection?), and possibly the Dogs. Get Vesely back with Georgia and Ty Smith, plus some other very good youngsters like G Train and White. Wouldn’t be against yet another mid. How effective is Smith. That turn of foot. Really sticks her head over the ball. And her kicking has really improved even during the season. Georgia may finish up not being the best mid in the club.

Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep, building a team for the future and given the draft is state based, we may not have a worse pick than anyone other than Richmond, the Cats (who I think generally have a specific Geelong selection?), and possibly the Dogs. Get Vesely back with Georgia and Ty Smith, plus some other very good youngsters like G Train and White. Wouldn’t be against yet another mid. How effective is Smith. That turn of foot. Really sticks her head over the ball. And her kicking has really improved even during the season. Georgia may finish up not being the best mid in the club.
Smith is just amazing isn't she? If we had two young players as good at the men's level as Smith and Patrikios, we'd be talking dynasty. Patrikios is putting up Rowell like numbers (relatively), and has been since day one

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Smith is just amazing isn't she? If we had two young players as good at the men's level as Smith and Patrikios, we'd be talking dynasty. Patrikios is putting up Rowell like numbers (relatively), and has been since day one
Yep. The two of them are terrific. Vesely will help with that balance. As above, another Dogs win, so we may well have a top 3 Vic pick (especially now that we have been thrown the Crows in Ade). I see Prespakis’ little sister is in this draft and highly rated. She’d be perfect for this group!

Back