West Coast Eagles 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles fans and alot of other fans suggest that with their list they should have done better. No one has denied those events didn't happen. Not sure what point your making?

Stating obvious.Alot fail to acknowledge those facts or mention them you might be one of a few.

What I can't understand is eagles obsession like they should have won multiple premierships , never look at the real facts.

Blew double chances 2 years in row.
Lost 2 home finals against middle road sides at home.
Couldn't deal with the covid situation in Qld.

What I can't understand is eagles obsession like they should have won multiple premierships , never look at the real facts.

Not this era. 2018 was a bonus. Based on the years surrounding it and how hard we tried to blow it we were lucky.

Should have won one more in the 1990’s or noughties.

1996 one that may have got away. We played a home final against Essendon at the MCG. If that was at home we probably win and play Sydney in a preliminary final having not left home in the finals until then. We were 1 each against them that year. May not have got further but you never know.

2005 we could have won but for some misses.

2007 got away as we went to sleep in the final quarter in round 22 to blow a 30 plus lead and only win by 8 points!We slipped to third by 1.8%! Then led the qualifying final all night to lose by 3 points at the end. Most frustrated I have ever been as an Eagles supporter.

I feel we are ultimately 1 premiership light. Should have 5 AFL premierships and have the most along with Hawthorn.

Which is awesome when you consider Hawthorn have won four of those at home against interstate opponents:
1991 v West Coast @ Waverley
2013 v Fremantle @ MCG
2014 v Sydney @ MCG
2015 v West Coast @ MCG

Imagine if all 7 of our grand finals were at home!

What Eagles obsession?

We are there abouts but need a bit of luck at the end of the season having enough of our best fit to seriously contend. Its a long hard season for teams that travel 5000+ km every 2nd week.0

The only obsession here is Richmond fans jumping up and down waving there arms shouting "LOOK AT US LOOK AT US......WE ARE THE GOAT" after spending 30 years becoming the joke of the competition. Derailing threads about other sides to desperately get some external validation somehow. Your mob are the biggest try hard fans in the country.

Last edited:
Stating obvious.Alot fail to acknowledge those facts or mention them you might be one of a few.
Totally wrong.

Go read most threads on the Eagles board. 90% of Eagles posters think we should have done better with our list recently and the boys need to toughen up mentally.

Just because Eagles fans dont abuse and spit on our players and coaches as they leave post game doesnt mean we are happy with their efforts and output.

Totally wrong.

Go read most threads on the Eagles board. 90% of Eagles posters think we should have done better with our list recently and the boys need to toughen up mentally.

Just because Eagles fans dont abuse and spit on our players and coaches as they leave post game doesnt mean we are happy with their efforts and output.

2019: should've beaten Collingwood at home, losing to Richmond in Rd 22 was a massive 8 point game for final ladder positions, should've beaten Hawthorn at home in Rd 23 who had nothing to play for (top 2 spot already off limits by that point, top 4 wasn't)

2020: started off playing horrible footy in the first hub, should've beaten WB in Rd 16, should've beaten Collingwood in the EF. Was still a 12-5 H&A season with a 5-5 record outside WA.

I think WC fans have very realistic about our last two years. We've probably been 85 or 90% of the 2018 side, and that's enough to go from top 2 and a flag to 5th.

2019: should've beaten Collingwood at home, losing to Richmond in Rd 22 was a massive 8 point game for final ladder positions, should've beaten Hawthorn at home in Rd 23 who had nothing to play for (top 2 spot already off limits by that point, top 4 wasn't)

2020: started off playing horrible footy in the first hub, should've beaten WB in Rd 16, should've beaten Collingwood in the EF. Was still a 12-5 H&A season with a 5-5 record outside WA.

I think WC fans have very realistic about our last two years. We've probably been 85 or 90% of the 2018 side, and that's enough to go from top 2 and a flag to 5th.

Another big thing is i think as a club some of our best seasons we have just run out of steam at the end. We made a prelim in 2011 however i thought we were a hugely better side in 2012 for most of it, 2019 after being 3-3 the club pushed too hard to try and catch up, put every last bit we had and came up short against Richmond in round 22 and had nothing left. 90 as a young side after a year of travel we were cooked after drawing against collingwood in the qualifying final, 91 again as a very young side we were dominant before falling away at the end of the season and lost the grand final to last hurrah of one of the greatest sides of all time in conditions perfectly suited to them, 96 again dominant early before falling away as well as foul to the finals fixturing at the time. 2016 we likely wouldn't have made it however without the bye before finals the dogs weren't going past round 1 missing 5 of their best players.

2020 we just weren't good enough and cocked it up in the first hub after being sent interstate for an indefinite amount of time and indefinite amount of games. Our heads weren't in it and it cost us what should have been an easy kill against gold coast. The first hub of the season was very different to how it was afterwards when all of victoria was hubbing and there was zero travel for most sides. We just weren't good enough, it was that simple though as we were too reactionary in defence and with the loss of lecras and rioli we couldn't transition the ball to our forwards for enough inside 50's. Injuries to our weakest areas of the field all season meant we were never in it and I think we actually overachieved in finishing 5th home and away. We had no right to win a couple of those latter season games with our first string midfielders and half forwards out.

In our last 2 premierships we have also to my mind actually been lucky in being a good (not great) side in average years. If you look at west coasts forwards from 05-07 there is no way we should have been close to a premiership or with the players we had out in the 2018 finals we shouldn't have got near it. To win a premiership with a huge illicit drug problem running through the club (there is no way it can be beneficial) or to win without Gaff, Nicnat or Sheppard in 2018 finals was a huge overachievement. Would we have beaten teams like geelong of 2008-11, st kilda of 09-10, collingwood of 2010-11 in either of those grand finals. Not a ******* chance, they were great teams.

Not this era. 2018 was a bonus. Based on the years surrounding it and how hard we tried to blow it we were lucky.

Should have won one more in the 1990’s or noughties.

1996 one that may have got away. We played a home final against Essendon at the MCG. If that was at home we probably win and play Sydney in a preliminary final having not left home in the finals until then. We were 1 each against them that year. May not have got further but you never know.

2005 we could have won but for some misses.

2007 got away as we went to sleep in the final quarter in round 22 to blow a 30 plus lead and only win by 8 points!We slipped to third by 1.8%! Then led the qualifying final all night to lose by 3 points at the end. Most frustrated I have ever been as an Eagles supporter.

I feel we are ultimately 1 premiership light. Should have 5 AFL premierships and have the most along with Hawthorn.

Which is awesome when you consider Hawthorn have won four of those at home against interstate opponents:
1991 v West Coast @ Waverley
2013 v Fremantle @ MCG
2014 v Sydney @ MCG
2015 v West Coast @ MCG

Imagine if all 7 of our grand finals were at home!
2007 got away?
Please you were miiiilees off it

Due to being nowhere near fully fit. The other big thing is it would have meant Geelong going into a grand final against an opponent which had just played in the last two as opposed to a one year pop up that played their grand final against you in the H+A.
You couldn't get past semi
at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Eagles obsession?

We are there abouts but need a bit of luck at the end of the season having enough of our best fit to seriuously contend. Its a long hard season for teams that travel 5000+ km every 2nd week.

The only obsession here is Richmond fans jumping up and down waving there arms shouting "LOOK AT US LOOK AT US......WE ARE THE GOAT" after spending 30 years becoming the joke of the competition. Derailing threads about other sides to desperately get some external validation somehow. Your mob are the biggest try hard fans in the country.
Another question O-man, seeing as you refused to answer my last, lest you make yourself look the fool yet again: Who's more oppressed do you reckon? West Coast or Geelong?

7 games at optus stadium in a row leading in the finals would be nice

Much like the 2019 gift the premiers got

Loool have a sook how about you answer and address the facts you fail to acknowledge.

We we're on the road in 2020 all year away from home, 4 finals games interstate and a GF in the most difficult season in the history of the afl.

Last edited:
What Eagles obsession?

We are there abouts but need a bit of luck at the end of the season having enough of our best fit to seriuously contend. Its a long hard season for teams that travel 5000+ km every 2nd week.

Mate what you on about bit of luck that is excuses, injuries and so on.You had no excuses last 2 years fullstop.No one derailed the thread I posted a genuine post that I believe is the reason why you under achieved.

Nothing to do with skill in the team. To do with management of the club and the team being very poor

Totally wrong.

Totally wrong.

Might be on your board , but I'm telling you on the main board very few do.As you can see here now some living in fairyland could off and should off.

Team is not poor plenty of talent there , but some aging stars like every club .I reckon mentally bit weak and strange considering how they won that 2018 gf.
Management of both the club and management of the team I meant. Won in 2018 and then coaches/management didn't push for the players to win again

You couldn't get past semi
at home

With Judd having OP and a Torn Abductor muscle, Cousins with a hamstring and Kerr injured as well. We got ruined by injuries at the wrong time of the year. Mind you even with all those injuries if we hadn't given up a miracle 8 goal quarter in the final round of the season to Scott Lucas we would have won a qualifying final in Perth giving 2 weeks rest rather than losing by 3 points to Port.

As I said west coast would have needed to be fully fit to be a shot and rather than come across a one off season team in port you would have come up against the reigning premiers who had been in the last 2 grand finals. It's a bit of a different scenario than what you faced.

Loool have a sook how about you answer and address the facts you fail to acknowledge.

We we're on the road in 2020 all year away from home, 4 finals games interstate and a GF in the most difficult season in the history of the afl.
7 games at the MCG leading into the finals in 2019

Did you even come to the W.A hub in 2020? I think Brooke put an end to that while Dimma was cheating on his wife

From some of the posts here.. why dont you rename yourselves the woulda coulda eagles.?

It’s a close league that really hard to win. So many clubs have shoulda, coulda, woulda stories. The likelihood of that increases when you travel across the country every second week and need to finish top two to stay at home.

It’s easier when you don’t travel for the last 7 weeks of the season and get home finals against teams above you.

You also get the GF at home irrespective of where you finish.

I agree we don’t have the consistency you have had. For 30 years you were very consistent. It’s easier to plan when you know your finals are going to be at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back