Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You could leave it out for a few minutes to let the CO2 dissipate. There's also a possibility you sucked up some trub in your sample which may be affecting the gravity reading.

Yeah i had left it for a little while, but I think I just got a bum reading for some reason. I just went down to the brew shop and the bloke reckons it's done, given i'd had constant readings for a few days prior and had a sudden weird one it would seem so. I'll take a reading tonight and if it's still reading level i'll bottle tomorrow.

Also bought ingredients for a stout, got a bag of stuff i need to boil apparently which will make it a bit more fun. Also adding some malt to bring the alcohol up to around 5%. Plan is to get that bottled and leave for a few months for winter, I believe the stouts appreciate the extra bottle time.

Yeah i had left it for a little while, but I think I just got a bum reading for some reason. I just went down to the brew shop and the bloke reckons it's done, given i'd had constant readings for a few days prior and had a sudden weird one it would seem so. I'll take a reading tonight and if it's still reading level i'll bottle tomorrow.

Also bought ingredients for a stout, got a bag of stuff i need to boil apparently which will make it a bit more fun. Also adding some malt to bring the alcohol up to around 5%. Plan is to get that bottled and leave for a few months for winter, I believe the stouts appreciate the extra bottle time.
I usually cover the test tube and shake it up a bit to de-gas it.

Rainy NQ day and the kids cricket has been cancelled so making the most of the time.
Brewed a Red IPA which has been pitched with Kviek at about 33C and will be ready to drink midway through next week.
Fired up the Weber kettle and smoking some Louisianna pork ribs and wingz and a mate will drop round this arvo with some fresh smoked beef ribs and jalepeno cornbread to add to the table.
Happy Saturday!

20210220_111635.jpg 20210220_111604.jpg

Rainy NQ day and the kids cricket has been cancelled so making the most of the time.
Brewed a Red IPA which has been pitched with Kviek at about 33C and will be ready to drink midway through next week.
Fired up the Weber kettle and smoking some Louisianna pork ribs and wingz and a mate will drop round this arvo with some fresh smoked beef ribs and jalepeno cornbread to add to the table.
Happy Saturday!

View attachment 1061616View attachment 1061617

Just finished up some chicken myself and popped a head of cauliflower on. Had it cooked whole at a local restaurant recently and it's mind blowing, so now trying to fiddle around with recipes at home to make something similar

PXL_20210220_090607705.jpg

Just finished up some chicken myself and popped a head of cauliflower on. Had it cooked whole at a local restaurant recently and it's mind blowing, so now trying to fiddle around with recipes at home to make something similar

View attachment 1061865

My wife loves cauliflower (vegetarian), keen to know what you do and how it turns out.

My wife loves cauliflower (vegetarian), keen to know what you do and how it turns out.

If you're ever in Freo looking to grab a good feed then I highly recommend Tonic and Ginger within the Old Synagogue venue. They do this amazing whole roasted cauli head with a bang bang sauce. I was going to make the sauce today but I needed some chilli oil to mix in and I'm all out.

So today it's some left over Nando's rub and a buffalo sauce glaze, just because I think that flavour profile will be yum

fu** sake, what has my life become? Posting pictures of my cooked cauliflower to the internet. To an AFL website of all places.

*Drinks bourbon*

Well I showed the pic to my Mrs and she was impressed.

Also welcome to being a responsible father on Saturday evening. *sips Cryo Mofo*

Well I showed the pic to my Mrs and she was impressed.

Also welcome to being a responsible father on Saturday evening. *sips Cryo Mofo*

I've roasted whole and halved cauli in the oven previously. As simple as using olive oil for a binder, sprinkle of all seasoning/all purpose to all sides, into the oven anywhere from 180-220 and then probe for doneness after about 40min.

When I say that I mean use a thermometer or skewer and poke into the stalk portion and when it goes in with little resistance it's cooked through. Up to you how you serve it from there (sauce it, eat as is..) but it'll be tasty. Cooking it and searing over charcoal does add a layer, that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want a bang bang sauce recipe I'll take a pic from my dumpling cook book from that dude who was on Masterchef

Thinking I can make up something based on what you mentioned with an oil base, then work from there. She's a big Mexican/Indian fan so could go with some ground cumin and coriander and maybe turmeric. Worth a go, appreciate the inspiration!

Thinking I can make up something based on what you mentioned with an oil base, then work from there. She's a big Mexican/Indian fan so could go with some ground cumin and coriander and maybe turmeric. Worth a go, appreciate the inspiration!

I reckon you could cook one whole in a pressure cooker or even slow cooker with an Indian base. In fact I'm going to do it. * yes.

I reckon you could cook one whole in a pressure cooker or even slow cooker with an Indian base. In fact I'm going to do it. fu** yes.

Pop some potatoes around it, chuck on some Aloo Gobi spices and I reckon you've got a win.

SOS lads, I'm sick of spending so much $$ on beers. I even tried the cheaper alternative of 'you brew it' style beers and I still chew through them at a pace that's no good for my wallet.

Can someone please tell me how much it is for a decent set up and production costs? Also any handy links/youtube videos etc for a basic at home set up would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Ok so bottled my second lot on the weekend, I cheaped out and bought one of the cappers you hammer, worked fine for the king browns but I did a few stubbies and it was no good, smashed the second one. So I've capped them but was gentle, they are sealed (held them under water to check) and I bought a bench capper on Gumtree for 25 bucks used, had to be done.

Gee, finally 21 days of the Vienna lager conditioning and ready to drink. Can't believe how good it is and just wish I'd stop cracking bottles a week early out of impatience to see what it's like. Kolsch all set up for tomorrow, hoping I'm not too hung over...

_20210226_162313.JPG

Last edited:
Gee, finally 21 days of the Vienna lager conditioning and ready to drink. Can't believe how good it is and just wish I'd stop cracking bottles a week early out of impatience to see what it's like. Kolsch all set up for tomorrow, hoping I'm not too hung over...

View attachment 1065870
Nice glass. Beer looms great too. How's that patience coming along? Worth it hey?

Back