Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We have shown our team is imbalanced if we play too many pure defensive players.

The likes of Doedee are also capable of locking down if need be.
Sort of.

If Jake Kelly could move the ball well then we'd not have this discussion. McPherson is good, but he and Doedee for that matter are brittle.

The mob down the road not impressed with our internal trial going by their comments over yonder....salty much.
Should've loaded up 1 team to flog the other, that'll do it

They'll beat us next week and claim yet another February flag.

The mob down the road not impressed with our internal trial going by their comments over yonder....salty much.
Honestly what a sad bunch of campaigners. So obsessed with us hey dickheads I would never bother watching one of your internal trials. So sad, so pathetic.

Some parents live through their kids sadly. Any decent parent would but I think they would be telling him get a trade back home.
We've had people here post that they've heard direct from the family how positive they are.

Can we stop with talk of Thilthorpe actually playing as a wingman, ffs?

It was to give him some freedom today to run around without pressure. He absolutely isn't going to play there.

Is that you, Nicksy?
LOL - I just think it sounds like nuffy talk. Let's actually get him ready to be a key forward, which he's perfectly built for and we desperately need.

Can't make too much of an internal trial. Good to see the first year players have a run (and some of the second year guys who we've barely seen) and to see who looks to have developed over the pre-season.

Was really impressed with Pedlar. Tough as nails but has some real dash about him. Berry not far behind - looks like a young Sloane.

Worrell looks a nice prospect and has clearly done a lot of work in the off-season. Powerful leg on him too.

Thilthorpe has really nice skills for a big man.

McPherson was super composed as usual, as was Sholl (no surprises with either of those two).

Is McAdam ok? He was pretty impressive up until his injury.

McHenry was busy (shame he couldn't convert his set shots), while Newchurch also showed some good signs.

I thought Keays was probably the best mid on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth, Kieron Turner posted on twitter that the Telstra digital rights agreement means the live stream has to go through their platform. Afterwards, they can put it on YouTube.

Reckon people are jumping off fog way too quickly. It was a trial game and he didn't even play badly. He did some nice things without standing out too much. I thought all our big forwards played reasonably well. Not too surprising when you consider how young our defenders were though.

Fog will get his chances and continue to build this year. People expecting him to be wayne carey because he has run a few more laps are deluded.

Can we stop with talk of Thilthorpe actually playing as a wingman, ffs?

It was to give him some freedom today to run around without pressure. He absolutely isn't going to play there.
I don't see how you can just make blanked absolute statements like that?

To me Thilthorpe looked much more comfortable out in space than inside congestion. Looks like a big running player.

James Sellar also carved in a trial game in Dubai. Just cool the jets on Frampton.
I get this but think worth noting it came off the back of Doedee nominating him as one of handful of most impressive in game sim the other week and Rahilly without prompting suggesting has a chance of being in.

Really liked the look of Worrell, Davis, Berry, Pedlar, Thilthorpe and Rowe. Also thought the Milera looked really dangerous. McHenry was good but also starting to feel like his niche role is just straight up replaceable any way you slice it.

It was hard to judge the senior players, as I was really not looking out for them

Wanted a bit more from my guy Schoenberg

What are we gonna do with Sloaney?..

He’s been better this quarter.. but there’s far more exciting prospects really nipping at his heels.. and sloaney’s only gonna get slower whilst they all get better.

His 5 year big money deal is a bit painful to look at right now..
Still think we should have him as a defensive backman although we have plenty of promising young guys who need a run through there too.

Forwards I think we have too many other selections that Sloane doesn't really help with the build.

OBrien looks to be starting slowly again, can't have another slow start to the year with our mids getting killed again so he needs to get a wriggle on. That said I reckon Strachan is actually a pretty good tap ruckman.
Without seeing the game, I wonder if you mean he just started the game slow? If that's the case, I feel like that's going to be a problem for O'Brien for most of his career. He doesn't seem capable of jumping at all, after 15-20 minutes most ruckman really slow down and that's when O'Brien comes to the game in terms of hitouts - always has plenty of solid efforts around the ground.

Sholl was fantastic. He is the perfect wingman, helping clear the ball from defence and getting on the other end I50. Moving him there from small defender was genius. Re-sign now. Sholl and Milera on the wings and we are set.

Tex's game meaningless. Played on novice defenders. Supplied by the ROB Sloane Laird midfield, who basically had 1, 2 and 3 year draftees for competition. He is still cooked.

Hately was about as expected. Hopefully people noticed the pattern was Pedlar and Berry winning contests, and giving off to Hately. Hately is a receiving facilitator with neat rather than damaging skills. I guess people will figure this out sooner or later and quit making dumb comparisons to genuine ball winners like Josh Kennedy etc. Not in my R1 team personally.

Pedlar I liked how he could win a clearance in traffic and find space to make it damaging. A bit careless throwing the ball on his boot at times but that can be fixed. I would prefer to see him play SANFL midfield rather than AFL forward pocket and learn how to be a midfielder.

Berry's toughness and ball winning was great but his disposal had very little hurt factor. I can see him being that Liam Shiels defensive oriented tough competitor as long as his other midfielders are more skilful.

Schoenberg is excellent offensively but doesn't have the best turning circle defensively. Like Berry needs to be part of a coherent team. Schoenberg 30 possessions Berry 17 possessions 12 tackles I hope.

Borlase I quite liked, looks like a natural reliable defender. Not an athletic specimen. Can't see us playing him alongside McAsey so we will see who wins that battle.

Hamill I thought was very good while not noticeable. Defends really well, wins contests and feeds the ball out to advantage. Still worried about him getting more concussions.

Sholl and Pedlar were the main positives for me.

McHenry was good but also starting to feel like his niche role is just straight up replaceable any way you slice it.
McHenry wins contests and uses the ball efficiently. When he doesn't win the contest he applies outstanding defensive pressure. He struggled while he didn't have the body shape for his game style but is starting to come online now. I remain optimistic. Hopefully 22 games as a half forward the next couple of years, maybe some time in the midfield after that.

Back