Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Does anyone on here text regularly on 0433 98 1116? I have had a few read out lately, always good to wake the Endorphins, but still reckon I am 1:10 for read-outs, standing at about 0:500 with Whately 😄
I can see why Gerard mostly reads out the ones that sound like his fanboys; he's so divisive he must get a lot of people telling him their very honest opinions

I can see why Gerard mostly reads out the ones that sound like his fanboys; he's so divisive he must get a lot of people telling him their very honest opinions
I strongly believe all hosts read out texts on the postive:negative 90:10 ratio

Does anyone on here text regularly on 0433 98 1116? I have had a few read out lately, always good to wake the Endorphins, but still reckon I am 1:10 for read-outs, standing at about 0:500 with Whately 😄

I have not. But to add to your post, does anyone/you use your real name when texting in?

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haven't in a while but would say my last 6-8 didnt make the cut , before then reckon it was 3 out of 4 .

Nil from Whately too 😁

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
I always try and lavish praise on my messages to kane "HEY KANEO YOU LEGEND xyz xyz"

success rate ? maybe 1 from 100.
It would definitely work with Hargreaves.
Maybe try (if you haven't already) love your commentary Dwayne.

This reminds me of Chuck Berry reading a text saying 'too much negativity' when he was ripping in to Adelaide for their terrible performance against Brisbane.
I just thought geez what a Hargreaves enabler no wonder he still has a job.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
It would definitely work with Hargreaves.
Maybe try (if you haven't already) love your commentary Dwayne.

This reminds me of Chuck Berry reading a text saying 'too much negativity' when he was ripping in to Adelaide for their terrible performance against Brisbane.
I just thought geez what a Hargreaves enabler no wonder he still has a job.
Chuck is a great bloke , probably feels sorry for the goose

Maddaz

Debutant
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
280D41F8-4C62-489B-87E0-6489C4E21573.jpeg

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Sarah Vannin on AW is like that, I tweeted once that she "didn't so much read the news as moan the news"; and she went and blocked me!! :huh:
Ha ha! She also blocked me when I tweeted about her to someone else. :p I'm not great with Twitter, so I dunno how the hell it worked. :D
Yes, the description of her "moaning the news" is spot on.
She's ordinary, and pronounces a lot of '"T"s as "D", like, "he said it's impordant...." It's no coincidence that she still mainly does the crappy shifts.

I feel like telling them to speak more like a human, like they would to their mum. Do you reckon she talks to her friends with that voice? :tongueoutv1:
It's reasonable to expect them to speak differently when they're reading the news, but they go too far, like fa'rkin Candice Wyatt when she puts on that stupid voice on Ch 10. Alicia Loxley speaks normally when she reads the tv news.

Last edited:
Back