Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Sabrina Fredericks + Perkins, they need to get serious about playing this game. A massive effort needs to be made by themselves, to get their bodies 100% ready for the season.

Body size will only get you so far. Vertically challenged for their weight.

The competition is still at the development stage where enough tools in your kit outside of terrible athleticism will keep you relevant.

Not when you're dropping marks all day. That's her role. Take the mark.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Ella Roberts could be playing AFLW already. One WA club is going to get a 'very good' player in a couple of years.
My niece plays in the same team as her down in Busso. She reckons they could almost just sit back and watch her play, and they’d probably still win. Freakish talent.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Watching Perkins today, unsure how she actually gets a game?
Cult figure? Gives Gold Coast’s 12 supporters someone they can recognise to yell for ‘yeeeaaahhh Perko, and you other player with the blonde hair, and you other player with the funny name... go team’.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Watching Perkins today, unsure how she actually gets a game?

Didn't watch today, but reads the play well, has decent skills, and is experienced which is useful for a young squad.

The downside is that I suspect the fitness level of the game has gone past her and she's no longer capable of impacting consistently.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So next week we’ll almost certainly play Brisbane. I don’t think they’ve left Qld yet - bets on where the game will be?
I think almost certainly over there. 11 in a row is enough for the powers that be, and best way to end the streak is to send us there, not have them here.

So Freo v BL... but where??

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Didn't watch today, but reads the play well, has decent skills, and is experienced which is useful for a young squad.

The downside is that I suspect the fitness level of the game has gone past her and she's no longer capable of impacting consistently.

Perkins this season.

Reads the game well - they must be reading romance novel’s, because she’s obviously reading murder mysteries.

Has decent skills - mmmmm rubber t.ts.

Experienced - being very visible, ...... standing in the one spot.

To be delisted at the end of this season.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
So next week we’ll almost certainly play Brisbane. I don’t think they’ve left Qld yet - bets on where the game will be?
I think almost certainly over there. 11 in a row is enough for the powers that be, and best way to end the streak is to send us there, not have them here.

It matters not, as we'll thrash those posers!

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Fair call! But where will we thrash them? In which state will the footy ground be upon which we will thrash them? Methinks Qld.
Yes, sadly, I think you're correct. The AFL is pooling all of its resources and time into ensuring the Lions at least make it to the Grand Final. The silence will be golden when they don't make it past their first final. Mwuahahaha

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

will be brisbane's fourth home game in a row if they send us there

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
will be brisbane's fourth home game in a row if they send us there
Yeah I know, so it would suck if they send us there, but the blokes hit 473 home games last season, so I wouldn’t be surprised.
Given that, and the fact after Rd 5 we’ll have played all 5 non-Vic teams, I’m guessing we’ll have a few games in a ‘bubble’ in Melb, so a home game before that happens is only fair.
When we get to Vic, I’m sure we’ll get Collingwood’ Melbourne, Carlton, North to round out the season. We won’t get to play Richmond or Geelong. They make it as hard as possible for us. It sucks how to get can manipulate the draw (even in non-Covid times). Until we get 13 H&A games the comp is compromised, just like the men’s.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I know, so it would suck if they send us there, but the blokes hit 473 home games last season, so I wouldn’t be surprised.
Given that, and the fact after Rd 5 we’ll have played all 5 non-Vic teams, I’m guessing we’ll have a few games in a ‘bubble’ in Melb, so a home game before that happens is only fair.
When we get to Vic, I’m sure we’ll get Collingwood’ Melbourne, Carlton, North to round out the season. We won’t get to play Richmond or Geelong. They make it as hard as possible for us. It sucks how to get can manipulate the draw (even in non-Covid times). Until we get 13 H&A games the comp is compromised, just like the men’s.
After 4 rounds, their has been only one game where a Victorian team have travelled.

We have 5 games left.

3 games away vs Victorian teams. They might have us in Melbourne for 2 weeks playing 3 games. As you said it might be the last 3 rounds against Collingwood, North, Melbourne and Blues. I guess they make us play the Roos in Hobart.

2 games home vs Victorian teams. I would suggest that 2 Victorian teams will come of and play 2 games in 7 days.

Knowing the AFL it might be worse than that. They will give us 4 home games for the season which we have already played 3. One more home game.

Back