AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone blaming Crocker;

Is he out on the field dropping sitters?
Spraying gettable shots at goal?
Getting sucked in to contest letting Oppo players free on the outside?
Playing behind and being second to the ball?

There's only so much he can control. Structurally, are we that much different to last year? I would argue, not especially. We have regularly botched it against better sides. This can't be all on him.
He is trying to bring more in close handball into the game but the women dont have the skills for it. He is not a coach. l like the guy but coaching is beyond him.. North should have kept the coach and tried to reduce their finances another way...

Give it up - the afl will never let us be successful.
That umpiring was laughable - amateur hour and Eleni wasn’t the worst. That little fair head muppet was the worst.

We didn’t play well but we were on the back foot from those three blind mice.
Coaching is a shambles- all our players are behind and flat footed.
So many kicks forward went straight to pies players who were in front.
Also I mentioned after the saints game those all our players get sucked into the contest - against better teams they’ll make you pay.

Has brad scotts take over game plan down there

We all want them to be successful to offer some joy with men's team being average to poor for so long

But they just aren't that good, seemingly.
There is talent but they can't beat any of the good sides.

We all want them to be successful to offer some joy with men's team being average to poor for so long

But they just aren't that good, seemingly.
There is talent but they can't beat any of the good sides.

There’s no cohesion in play or much of a game plan.
Just relying on individual brilliance to get us across the line.

Just watched on Kayo with volume off.

Not going to comment on the umpiring. We all saw it. But that game confirmed pretty much every suspicion I’ve had about this team for a while now. Unless things change dramatically, I can’t see us winning a flag with the current setup.

With Emma King and KGJ playing we are effectively 2 players down. They are currently liabilities.

Until we learn to hold our width around stoppages and in transition we aren’t going to win anything except games against Geelong, Richmond etc.

Midfield setup is non existent. Whoever said we overly commit to the ball is spot on. It’s men’s team vs essendon all over again. We are currently a kick and hope side as the rest of the league is onto us.

Garner is not quick enough to be effective after the first contest of a stoppage. She’s a KPF.

Kearney will be quickly overtaken by the best young mids in the comp, if she isn’t already. Lacks lateral movement and is not a penetrating kick.

Saad, no.

Crocker? Possibly for another thread, but I’m genuinely curious as to why he’s been continually employed by the club for this long. I’m not demanding he be sacked, I’m genuinely curious as to why he’s been continually employed by the club for this long.

* that was s**t. Collingwood have a couple of decent players and they made us look decidedly amateur.

Just watched on Kayo with volume off.

Not going to comment on the umpiring. We all saw it. But that game confirmed pretty much every suspicion I’ve had about this team for a while now. Unless things change dramatically, I can’t see us winning a flag with the current setup.

With Emma King and KGJ playing we are effectively 2 players down. They are currently liabilities.

Until we learn to hold our width around stoppages and in transition we aren’t going to win anything except games against Geelong, Richmond etc.

Midfield setup is non existent. Whoever said we overly commit to the ball is spot on. It’s men’s team vs essendon all over again. We are currently a kick and hope side as the rest of the league is onto us.

Garner is not quick enough to be effective after the first contest of a stoppage. She’s a KPF.

Kearney will be quickly overtaken by the best young mids in the comp, if she isn’t already. Lacks lateral movement and is not a penetrating kick.

Saad, no.

Crocker? Possibly for another thread, but I’m genuinely curious as to why he’s been continually employed by the club for this long. I’m not demanding he be sacked, I’m genuinely curious as to why he’s been continually employed by the club for this long.

fu** that was sh*t. Collingwood have a couple of decent players and they made us look decidedly amateur.
We let every single Pies gun dominate. Crappy, unaccountable football.

If you watched the Saints game without the scoreboard, you would have said the Saints won. They played much better footy than we did, we just did enough to win. The 2 weeks after we’ve lost both games by our opposition employing what the Saints did, just with better skills.

I don’t want to go off on Crocker too much but the bloke has been at the club since the Laidley days. We have had massive changes off field at the executive level, at the coaching level, and on field with player personnel, including some bloody good footballers, and yet he survives.

If he was given the AFLW job without applying and actually wanting the job then that’s very poor by the club.

The umpiring is a ******* disgrace. How do you not get rid of the ball properly after a good tackle and call it play on? And it wasn’t surprising that Collingwood got a free kick not long after Saad’s tackle. They are deadset cheating out there. You can’t be the that incompetent at that level.

We have 5 Ben Cunningtons and one Polec in the midfield.

Beth Lynch played awesome for a first game back.

Probably for another thread but I think it’s time for football salaries to become public. I’m pretty sure I can find out the salary of every professional athlete in the USA. Why can’t I find out what Jack Ziebell is getting payed when I pay the club my membership money? Why can’t I find out what our AFLW coach was getting paid before he was stood down and replaced with a guy who isn’t even one of your men’s assistant coaches anymore.

Harsh on last week?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Crocker stinks

The girls seem overcoached which was indicative of the boys style over the last ten or so years. The flare and natural instincts are nowhere to be seen out there

Time for a rebuild.

Too old and slow.

If the men’s team showed up looking like they’d been eating one pie too many we’d be seriously pissed off calling for their heads.

Need too start hitting the draft as the next generation of AFLW players have come through the new pathways.

Plenty of juniors with speed, skill and footy nous and hopefully we go down the path of youth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was an infuriating experience. Collingwood just played better. They connected better with handballs to free players and hitting up targets.

We need to start playing a tagger. My Mum who only follows rugby Union could have told you Davey needed to be sat on. We need to focus some attention on the opposition.

The last two weeks we have been slaughtered by a player who roams free across CHB. We need someone whocan either win or at least halve the contest.

Thank god for Kaitlyn Ashmore, at least we had one player who was a winner on the day.

Ashmore has really been our standout player all season. If the rest of the team could even approach her effort levels, we’d win every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure there was more to the Gowans thing than cost-saving - I think there was some feedback around his communication methods as well.

Game plan to me is like the 90's "back the players in to win majority of contests and just get it forward" It works well against the weaker teams, but the better and quicker teams apply much more pressure which results in mostly blind hacked kicks forward - even from better players like Riddel, Gavalas, Bruton etc.

Too many of our players chasing / pressuring the same opposition player, allowing easy overlap possession.

Midfield is all inside and mostly smaller players.

Ashmore the exception, the only one taking players on.

Outnumbered in our back line several times, where is the two way running?

Saad provides great effort, but lacks awareness and gives away too many frees.

Lynch good in return.

Bannister needs to be used more, win's most of her contests even if outnumbered. Seems to know how to out body her opponent, we miss Gibson for this reason as well.

Mia King did a great smother and was hurt, came back on and did it again later. Stevo would approve.

The morning after the footy the night before.

Last week felt angry, this week bitterly disappointed.

Really high expectations of this group given the talent, possibly misplaced.

In the ongoing clustertruck that is life in a pandemic I placed so much hope that this North team would bring a smile to my dial every week. A bit too play out yet and finals footy should be the bare minimum we achieve.

That was a very tough watch, as has been the case for the mens team for ages, outside run and uncontested posessions are our kryptonite.

A couple of positives, Ashmore and Lynch.

Umpiring was that poor, the almost without exception, silent on the issue commentators, made a couple of begrudging, sarcastic references to it.

I saw Jess Duffin as I was entering the ground and she said she expected to be back next week. Can’t happen too soon. We need her calmness heading out from defence.

The midfielders need to work on creating some space so they can kick to targets inside 50. The last two weeks the forward 50 entries have beento the advantage of the opposition. We really missed Abba’s nous around goals. We badly need an athletic tall forward who can contest at centre half forward. KGJ had a much better game but needs to be more aggressive. Saad gets umpired out of the game unfairly so needs to play smarter. A Houghton/Hore type would be perfect.

That was a very tough watch, as has been the case for the mens team for ages, outside run and uncontested posessions are our kryptonite.

A couple of positives, Ashmore and Lynch.

Umpiring was that poor, the almost without exception, silent on the issue commentators, made a couple of begrudging, sarcastic references to it.
They should do the tried and true invite an umpire to training to clear up a few interpretations. It’s the only way to say to the AFL your cheating without getting sanctioned.

I'm pretty sure there was more to the Gowans thing than cost-saving - I think there was some feedback around his communication methods as well.
Collingwood’s midfield seems happy to listen. In the end whatever other issues were in play we let go a well-credentialed women’s footy coach and replaced him with a lovely clubman with limited success as a coach and no experience in the women’s game at all.

With the quality of players we have in our side a lot of the outcomes have to be pinned to what they were coached to do. Either they were asked to crowd the ball and not spread - in true recent NMFC AFLM style - or they weren’t and that was never corrected by the kind of bake Hartford apparently gave the Blues women to good effect yesterday.

That was a bloody frustrating game to watch. The pre-game omens weren't good as my sister just missed her train and then once at the ground she couldn't get her digital ticket to open. The fella on the gate tried to help but then directed her to go to customer service at gate 1 as they would know how to fix it. The staff there had absolutely no idea either. Eventually my sister managed to get the bloody thing to work herself and arrived her seat late after stopping at the bar for a much needed drink .

Watching it live obviously gives you a different perspective over watching it on TV and a few things really stood out to me about North; Our mids, apart from Ashmore, are very similar see-ball get-ball types that aren't quick and tend to lack length and/or accuracy by foot. We tended to get sucked into the contest and once the ball got into space we were exposed by the Pies better footskills and run. The constant blind hack kicking forward was frustrating as all hell. Often even when the player was in space they would just bang it blindly forward, generally straight to a loose Collingwood player. There should have been a lot more onfield voice from teammates especially to let players know they had time to balance and choose an option. The delivery of the ball into the forward line and the set up of the forwards is something that needs to be seriously looked at.
A fit Duffin would be a good addition and would add some much needed composure by foot. Some extra run would also be good, maybe someone like Amy Smith could be an option to look at. It's going to be interesting to see how the team responds to this loss.

Crocker stinks

The girls seem overcoached which was indicative of the boys style over the last ten or so years. The flare and natural instincts are nowhere to be seen out there

lol turn it up, a quote from over a week ago. I couldn't see last night's game but it obviously doesn't sound flash.

In the coaches address before the Saints game Crocker said he wanted the girls to keep backing up, so one girl is in at the contest and someone is running past to help and the another running past in support etc. In theory it sounded good but I think our girls are getting sucked into the scrimmage rather than being outside support.

He also said he wanted them to play to their strengths and concentrate on our game rather than go in with a plan to play negatively trying to blanket the opposition.

The other notable thing was when the ball was on the ground in a contest he wanted them to pick it up and use it rather than just forcing it forward by any means. I think this is the best thing to do but we need to improve the handball skills.

We went out for some family shopping and then a nice dinner last night before walking our way over to Marvel.

Was a good day until we had to watch whatever that rubbish was.

No denying game plan has changed and now has very strong elements of our men’s prior to Shaw🤮

Predictably level off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back