Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
You can think what you want mate. Considering clubs like St Kilda and West Coast playing lists have had to take pay cuts more than double the agreed pay cuts of 3.5%, shows that salary caps are about to explode across the competition. Obviously at Collingwood we could see the writing on the wall, and decided to trade out players that we feel we can cover. No surprise in the light of day, that Ad's and Stephenson in particular were traded out, as both hardly played in 2020, and the side was able to go ahead and qualify for finals.
As your a Bulldogs supporter you obviously have no idea about the playing list at Collingwood, and as a member of the Pies, l feel very happy with the current list, particularly the youngsters coming through, a few that we haven't seen in the AFL yet, along with a couple of our draft picks from 2020, the list is in a pretty good spot.
Its not just me that thinks they did more then just trade out players, the football world knows that it was a disaster, and the lies that Ned Guy spun where hilarious. I think you are spinning it by saying they were replaceable to make out it was not as bad as all thought. You are what, replacing Treloar with Brayden Sier or a 2nd year player in Daicos ?
and hoping Elliots injuries holds up to make it so they wont miss Stephenson in the forward line .

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Its not just me that thinks they did more then just trade out players, the football world knows that it was a disaster, and the lies that Ned Guy spun where hilarious. I think you are spinning it by saying they were replaceable to make out it was not as bad as all thought. You are what, replacing Treloar with Brayden Sier or a 2nd year player in Daicos ?
and hoping Elliots injuries holds up to make it so they wont miss Stephenson in the forward line .

You obviously no nothing about our playing list. So go support your side, and us Collingwood supporters will worry about our team. By the way mate, Sier is more then capable of being a premier mid for us, as his 2018 finals series showed, and he was one of the best in the 2018 GF for us. He has had an excellent pre season, so all fingers point to him having a good year. Also Daicos isn't a 2nd year player, he has been in the system 4 years now, and has played around 40 games, and came on beautifully last season, has he starts to mature.
We loved Ad's at the Pies, but for the money he was on, and what the club were wanting from him, obviously didn't marry up. The disposal and defensive side of his game were questionable, along with his soft tissue injuries. I believe he has twigged a calf already with you guys.
Stephenson hardly played or was selected last year, on top of him missing 10 weeks in 2019, and l think Elliott is "up to it" as a small forward, kicking 30+ goals in a season four times, he also chimed in with 26 in 2019. Last year he predominately played as a mid.
So we made the decisions, the club is happy with what is coming through talent wise, happy with our draft haul last year, have set ourselves up to counterbalance any bids for Nick Daicos in this years draft, plus we have retained the likes of Moore and DeGoey.
You guys just worry about making up the 9 goals we beat you by last year in round one. Just for the record, Treloar and Stephenson didn't play in that game either.......🙂

Last edited:

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
You obviously no nothing about our playing list. So go support your side, and us Collingwood supporters will worry about our team. By the way mate, Sier is more then capable of being a premier mid for us, as his 2018 finals series showed, and he was one of the best in the 2018 GF for us. He has had an excellent pre season, so all fingers point to him having a good year. Also Daicos isn't a 2nd year player, he has been in the system 4 years now, and has played around 40 games, and came on beautifully last season, has he starts to mature.
We loved Ad's at the Pies, but for the money he was on, and what the club were wanting from him, obviously didn't marry up. The disposal and defensive side of his game were questionable, along with his soft tissue injuries. I believe he has twigged a calf already with you guys.
Stephenson hardly played or was selected last year, on top of him missing 10 weeks in 2019, and l think Elliott is "up to it" as a small forward, kicking 30+ goals in a season four times, he also chimed in with 26 in 2019. Last year he predominately played as a mid.
So we made the decisions, the club is happy with what is coming through talent wise, happy with our draft haul last year, have set ourselves up to counterbalance any bids for Nick Daicos in this years draft, plus we have retained the likes of Moore and DeGoey.
You guys just worry about making up the 9 goals we beat you by last year in round one. Just for the record, Treloar and Stephenson didn't play in that game either.......🙂
I don't have to know as much as you on the list to know it was a bad cheap fire sale to get you out of the crap. Yes lets get rid of guys that wanted to play for you and where proven because of salary cap space, and keep the player that's a mercenary for money and facing serious charges.
as for the 9 goals? really that's what you came up with? :D:rolleyes:

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
I don't have to know as much as you on the list to know it was a bad cheap fire sale to get you out of the crap. Yes lets get rid of guys that wanted to play for you and where proven because of salary cap space, and keep the player that's a mercenary for money and facing serious charges.
as for the 9 goals? really that's what you came up with? :D:rolleyes:

Hahahaha yeah no worries...
The guy who you call a mercenary for money actually stayed for less money he could’ve got anywhere else. I think we will see him be the player we all expect this year, with more time in the midfield. In terms of the serious charges, it's actually one charge, so not charges, and l believe he is going back to court in August to contest the one charge. We will see how that goes.
By the way, your club kept the guy who drove drunk and wiped out about 6 cars, luckily didn't kill or injure anyone, and then fled the scene of the crime.
I brought up the 9 goals, because that's what you lost by in round 1 last year, so l was saying don't focus on us, focus on your side closing the 9 goal gap....

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The guy who you call a mercenary for money actually stayed for less money he could’ve got anywhere else. I think we will see him be the player we all expect this year, with more time in the midfield. In terms of the serious charges, it's actually one charge, so not charges, and l believe he is going back to court in August to contest the one charge. We will see how that goes.
By the way, your club kept the guy who drove drunk and wiped out about 6 cars, luckily didn't kill or injure anyone, and then fled the scene of the crime.
I brought up the 9 goals, because that's what you lost by in round 1 last year, so l was saying don't focus on us, focus on your side closing the 9 goal gap....

Nobody was interested in DeGoey at the price the Pies signed him for. And he has other charges pending as well.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Nobody was interested in DeGoey at the price the Pies signed him for. And he has other charges pending as well.

Get your facts right mate. He was signed for basically at the same figure of his previous contract, and if you bother to read about his court case, he had a hearing relating to ONE charge, which he is now contesting in August. Haven't seen anywhere that he is on multiple charges!!

"The footballer and co-accused Jake Edginton both face one count"

Last edited:

Dwhale44

Cancelled
Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Who would you take, Walters or DeGoey as your keeper in fantasy? Walters set for less midfield time, DeGoey more but will probably get injured

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Get your facts right mate. He was signed for basically at the same figure of his previous contract, and if you bother to read about his court case, he had a hearing relating to ONE charge, which he is now contesting in August. Haven't seen anywhere that he is on multiple charges!!

"The footballer and co-accused Jake Edginton both face one count"

And yes, he no doubt took unders to remain at the Pies, he is just that sort of guy.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs

And yes, he no doubt took unders to remain at the Pies, he is just that sort of guy.

Oh ok, your incorporating a driving charge from 10 months ago, that he will receive a fine for, and probably has already served a potential licence suspension time, considering the matter couldn't go to court, due to covid, for 10 months, and he hasn't driven in that time. So that's your multiple offences? Lol.
You could put a whole team together with the number of AFL players who have had traffic infringements, like your captain, Selwood. Believe he cost your club the TAC sponsorship in 2017!
In terms of his contract, he went from $700k a year to $800k a year. What he could have got at one particular club, that is unders.

Last edited:

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
So your saying people here should only focus and make comments about their own team? 🙄 He had no other club wanting to pay the money he was asking so wrong there you are.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
So your saying people here should only focus and make comments about their own team? He had no other club wanting to pay the money he was asking so wrong there you are.

Nope not saying that at all. But if you make comments about an individual or a team, get some facts and some evidence to back it up, instead of just following the path of rumours and innuendo.
Considering AFL footy in the scheme of a career is a short lived one, you don't think players have the right to try and set themselves up financially for their future, post footy?
DeGoey re-signed for $800k, he wanted a bit more, but settled at the Pies offer because he is settled there and enjoys the club and his teammates. I'm sure other clubs may not have offered him the amount he was after, but he would have been offered more than $800k.
Let see what the Bont wants in his new contract from the Doggies. I'm sure he will be thinking about his future financially, and its going to be a decent size payday for the Doggies.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh ok, your incorporating a driving charge from 10 months ago, that he will receive a fine for, and probably has already served a potential licence suspension time, considering the matter couldn't go to court, due to covid, for 10 months, and he hasn't driven in that time. So that's your multiple offences? Lol.
You could put a whole team together with the number of AFL players who have had traffic infringements, like your captain, Selwood. Believe he cost your club the TAC sponsorship in 2017!
In terms of his contract, he went from $700k a year to $800k a year. What he could have got at one particular club, that is unders.

Oh OK so charges are not charges then. Good to know "facts' 🙄

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
So your saying people here should only focus and make comments about their own team? 🙄 He had no other club wanting to pay the money he was asking so wrong there you are.
Oh, Dead Eye Dids not be wrong The Kangaroos offered Jordan De Gun $1 million per year over 5 years , as the loyal person he is, he politely said no thank you

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You can cut it up any which way you want. But selling the pies off-season moves in any positive light is wrong. They buggered up their salary cap and offloaded players for unders. No way you lose those players for that price of you aren’t pushing them out the door. Treloar treats quiet poorly to. Stephenson not treated much better either.
They hit the draft and managed to trade up knowing they have Daicos next year. This was some good work. But still the draft can be a bit of a lottery after the first 10 picks.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh, Dead Eye Dids not be wrong The Kangaroos offered Jordan De Gun $1 million per year over 5 years , as the loyal person he is, he politely said no thank you
Glad we got rid of the administration that offered that contract to him would've been seen as a poor contract as of right now
Coming from a supporter of a club with no heart or backbone, your gravy is a bit rich. on a positive note for you, the forecast is saying Falls Creek should be 1 metre at least of snow in August .that should give you something to look forward too this winter

The classic 'I ran out of arguments for the topic and will go onto to attacking the club the person who the poster goes for'.

You didn't prove why Collingwood didn't have a good off-season

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Glad we got rid of the administration that offered that contract to him would've been seen as a poor contract as of right now

The classic 'I ran out of arguments for the topic and will go onto to attacking the club the person who the poster goes for'.

You didn't prove why Collingwood didn't have a good off-season
Prove ? I`m not here for the off season ,nor do i need to prove anything to you , looking forward to the 2021 footy season , Go the Mighty Black and White

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Prove ? I`m not here for the off season ,nor do i need to prove anything to you , looking forward to the 2021 footy season , Go the Mighty Black and White
You responded to a post about the off-season and posted meaningless crap trying to derail the thread.

Doesn't matter what you think off what value off-seasons have (geez the Crows seemed to have a really bad 2017 off-season, they'll probably be fine). If you go fine on field and by that I mean Treloar's performances don't match the net gain of pick 64 and Stephenson has a 2020 for the rest of his career then yeah you'll be fine but it just seems that the costs outweigh the benefits.

Back