Football Manager 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1060649

been struggling to find a solid save but think I have one now, managing Leyton Orient who have been a team I've won Premier League titles with in FM15 and FM19. Never got all the way to a Champions League win though so that's my goal. Got promoted in my first season via the playoffs, now trying to keep that going in League One which in my experience is the toughest division in England.

What did you do with Happe? Good player, he is the DC in my York save and I think will be Championship standard easy enough.

What did you do with Happe? Good player, he is the DC in my York save and I think will be Championship standard easy enough.
Sold him to a Ligue 1 side for 750k because he kept whinging about not being allowed to leave. Also didn’t feel right stopping him from going to that level.

Starting my third season with Leyton after losing the League 1 playoff final last year.

If anyone is doing LLM in England, I implore you to keep an eye on The New Saints in the Welsh league because they produce some quality English regens.

1614155848796.png
1614155859272.png

signed both of these guys on free transfers and as you can see by their season stats they were both amazing on debut

Is there a bug since the update.

Playing 4th round FA cup against Newcastle and the ref has given 3 penalties against me in the first 30 minutes and all 3 were overturned by VAR.

Getting stomped on anyway but ref must be on Newcastle over 3.5 goals or something.....

3 games to go in my first season in the PL, and I am still clinging on to 7th and a Europa League spot. I am 3 pts above 8th, and 3pts off 4th.

If I pull this off and clinch a European spot, it will be by far my most enjoyable and best achievement in FM. The 4-1-3-2 with a DM and 3 CMs is still working masterfully.

I'm already shitting myself and worried about playing tobight and stuffing it up. I am a nervous wreck and have to get through a family gathering this afternoon before I can play. It's funny what FM does to you.

I play teams currently sitting 11th, 13th and 18th and surely I don't lose more than 1 of those games. Please please please please.

Is there a bug since the update.

Playing 4th round FA cup against Newcastle and the ref has given 3 penalties against me in the first 30 minutes and all 3 were overturned by VAR.

Getting stomped on anyway but ref must be on Newcastle over 3.5 goals or something.....
I've seen a lot more pens since the patch both in game and on the FM streams I watch.

1614469751245.png

No choking in the playoffs this year.

This is probably where it gets tough for me though with the stadium v. wage budget in the Championship.

Wolves have already picked off one of my regen forwards for their $4 million release clause. I still have the guy I posted earlier but he hasn't improved that much yet and probably only a 3rd forward at Championship level. Managed to sign him until 2029 with no release clause so the poor bloke is now trapped at York. I found a pretty good DC regen from Southend, only problem is his second nationality was Zimbabwean and he has declared for them. Plays more international games than games for me.

I've managed to get Man City as my senior affiliate so hopefully get a few good players in on loan with no wages. Established Championship level players want too much wage wise so it has got to be regens from here. I've found a few good overseas ones but the ones that can get permits don't want to sign for me until I get to the Premiership.

View attachment 1066833

This is probably where it gets tough for me though with the stadium v. wage budget in the Championship.

Wolves have already picked off one of my regen forwards for their $4 million release clause. I still have the guy I posted earlier but he hasn't improved that much yet and probably only a 3rd forward at Championship level. Managed to sign him until 2029 with no release clause so the poor bloke is now trapped at York. I found a pretty good DC regen from Southend, only problem is his second nationality was Zimbabwean and he has declared for them. Plays more international games than games for me.

I've managed to get Man City as my senior affiliate so hopefully get a few good players in on loan with no wages. Established Championship level players want too much wage wise so it has got to be regens from here. I've found a few good overseas ones but the ones that can get permits don't want to sign for me until I get to the Premiership.
Awesome job.

In the championship I always try and nab an ageing player for shirt sales and squad depth if they are not too picky on wages - kind of like their retirement club. I always keep an eye on the youth that got given the chop by big clubs too. I think the City affilition will really help.

Dont forget to try and organise some pre-season friendlies against Man Utd etc at home for the $$$.

View attachment 1066833

i'm also heading into the Championship atm with Leyton Orient, it's daunting but luckily i managed to sell some ridiculously good regens that i bought off TNS for £10m each, which has not only given me financial security for the next few years but also means i can throw cash at free agents pretty liberally this window

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1614740637947.png

I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes in this save.

Hondermarck was the sub I brought on when Bayliss went down, and he took approximately 60 seconds to get send off himself for a two footed lunge. Then I think we've held on for a win but concede in the 95th minute. * me, Championship has been a wake up call.

Very good season for me, my best so far. Had the league won by March 31st. The loss came against Chelsea with 4 games to go and they scored in the 89th minute.

Haaland finished with 37 goals in 33 league games. 45 in 49 overall.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 6.46.40 am.png

Won the CL 2-0 vs Madrid. Ironically my last victory came against them too in 22/23. I got dominated but won. Beat Everton in the FA Cup too.

Signed this guy for 75m + 20m in add ons. My CM options are already great but he was too good to refuse. The 20 passing and 19 vision are what made me want to do it haha.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 3.27.43 pm.png

Here are my other CM options

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.03.13 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.03.35 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.04.04 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.04.24 pm.png

And here are some youth products I nicked

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.04.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.05.25 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.05.55 pm.png

Just went up on Gamepass, both PC and XBOX version.
Was really excited to play this on XBOX but good lord the menu navigations on console are horrific to the point where i turned it off after giving it a try for 15 minutes.

really badly ported game that isnt suited for console at all.

thank * i didnt spend 50 bucks on this s**t.

Was really excited to play this on XBOX but good lord the menu navigations on console are horrific to the point where i turned it off after giving it a try for 15 minutes.

really badly ported game that isnt suited for console at all.

thank fu** i didnt spend 50 bucks on this sh*t.
After giving it another chance and playing around with a few things im hooked game plays nicely on XBOX its not as depth and polished as it is on PC but thats fine

😂🤣

Been watching both Workthespace Park to Prem (Boston United ---> Lincoln ---> Nottingham Forrest) and TomFC Lincoln Loco (Lincoln Red Imps) over the plast few months, and it's made me download this years game. First one I'll play since FM 16.

Might do my very own Park to Prem

Decided to restart and since I've played as a couple of Conference North sides (Chester & York) thought I would give a Conference South side a shot.

I chose Welling and they sucked really bad. They were expected to finish mid table on a wage budget of 3.6k and the club was losing money based on that. Even maxing out the long term loans didn't help as no one much good wanted to join, I got a couple of half decent young players from Charlton and the rest were just scrubs. I just leaked so many goals from turnovers so I enacted a Malthouse/Lyon/Scott style tactic of playing around the boundary to limit the damage from the turnovers and it made me competitive at least. I ended up 17th after about 30 games and they sacked me after a bust up with the playing group. I'm not playing your friend because he is a DC with a 5 for pace FFS and the rest of you useless campaigners give the ball away to the opposition to counter on a fast break.

I managed to get the job at Chelmsford, another Conference South side, with a couple of matches left in the 1st season. Their manager got sacked for sitting in 10th so they have got to be a lot better hopefully. Get the off season to go shopping at least. Surely the AI will get Welling relegated they were so rubbish, we shall see.

I find it really difficult to play now. It is just insane the amount of penalties I concede. I always play a hard press as I find if you don't press the opposition just sink goals from outside the box over and over. I just use the standard tackling setting however so I'm not getting them to jump into tackles or anything. My defenders are generally pretty good for the level as it is easy to sign decent defenders for free. The ball spends 80% of the time in their half and I battle to score a goal and then when it goes up the other end they get a penalty and finish the game with the 1 shot on target, 1 goal from penalty. I'd be conceeding 6 penalties for every 1 I get and I control most of the games.

started a new save with Fiorentina. I like to roleplay as managers and try to think what their philosophies and tactics might look like. For this one I decided to step into the shoes of former Serie A top goalscorer Luca Toni. As Fiorentina already have a few good older players like Ribery, Callejon, Valero and Caceres, and as Luca Toni was so good at an older age, I'm trying to not be as prejudiced against older players in this save. In the first season I signed Nigel de Jong, Javi Martinez and Alex Teixeira, to varying degrees of success.

1624180459883.png

We ended up just missing out on European qualification after an amazing run home. In February I was sitting in 15th and had an 'F' for board confidence and I literally had to beat Juventus to keep my job, it was insanely close. Next season I've basically put all my eggs in one basket, as I'm signing Eric Garcia, Juan Mata and Olivier Giroud on free transfers to try and propel me to European qualification. If I can't do it next season I'll probably resign and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back